Author Topic: My Testimony of Christianity and an Open Letter to All Christians in the world  (Read 224 times)

Offline goofball9

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
I re-joined this forum after some time off to reflect on numerous concepts in life, and I think I have found what I was searching for all along.  I'm essentially between an atheist and a rationalist, but I will not explain why.

What I am going to explain, is why Christianity is not real, and let the rest of you discuss these concepts on your own.

In that, what I am doing is adding to the book that this forum is derived, from my own personal experiences.

1.  Christians think they are monotheistic.  However, they believe in at least 3 gods: (a) the son of a god (b) a god that they do not worship (c) a holy spirit that nobody can figure out, and additionally, the 'god' in (a) describes the concept of multiple gods himself, in the statement "where there are gods, there are gods, but where there is one, or the father, I am with him"

2.  There are twelve gospels, with all twelve disciples, along with twelve apocalypses of those authors.  These were all supposed to be direct followers, supposedly scratching down stories as they walked along with Jesus.  I have some issues with this, (a) they all date to different time periods and different regions (b) they are generally written in grecko-roman and not the alleged language of his time (c) even after numerous glances, they are simply stories and nothing further can be derived from it (d) they are all completely maddening to read through, so please don't bother

3.  I would then expand on #2 and let you know that the reason there are twelve gospels and twelve apocalypses, jesus dying on the cross and other stories of his life, are all concepts of magic at the time from all regions surrounding this place that at the time the Romans just conquered. 

Meaning if there is anything real left that I cannot describe as magic or altered in any major way, it would then be the "gospel of thomas" (please don't read it because it too is maddening).  I just pulled it up on my browser before re-entering this forum, and you will notice if you do a "CTRL-F" in your browser and search for any of these keywords: "satan, hell, demons, end of days, apocalypse, suffering, torture, etc.." it is never mentioned a single time.

There is also nothing magical in concept by the number of sayings included "114"

Now I will continue to the next concept.

4.  If it can be decided that the only realistic preachings of this person are in that one gospel, and it has none of these horrific concepts, no christian ever since is actually practicing any form of christianity. 

Evidence of this is worshipping in ritual, chants, and always praying to an image of his death instead of a image of his life.  In this I would ask everyone to look at the image online by searching google for 'zombie apostles', and tell me how rediculous these ways of worshipping are.  Consider what people pray for, it seems to me to be more of a demand without offering anything at all to their god, er, not god but some son? 

To such a god that would be an insult, along with the chants and rituals.  And everywhere I look with different groups of Christians, they are constantly judging themselves "in the saved club" and essentially "damning everyone not in the saved club". 

No wonder Christians are constantly fighting about who is right or wrong when nobody makes any clear sense of it anyway, and no wonder christians see all muslims as terrorists even though any rational person would state that muslims are muslim, terrorists are terrorist, the connection is mere coincidence.  This makes me conclude that practically any christian today is essentially delusional, paranoid, and make so little sense out of their own religion to the extent of not even understaning the fundamental concept:  Good.

5.  That said, I now want to turn to what I know different groups commonly preached about, now that I have pointed out #3 and #4.  Most preachers concentrate on revelation, finding and killing satan in some human form, saving the 'club' from hell, or in Catholic terms, preaching only about a hate letter that is more commonly referred to as "a letter from Paul to the Corinthians". 

I will add to this that absolutely every single church is empty all day, doesn't give homeless people a place to sleep, eat, or anything else, and does absolutely no charity, but some pretend they do. 

Consider this:  Each preacher essentially demands money from you.  What do you honestly get out of any of it?  You get empty promises, a false sense of hope, and a whole lot of crap in your mind that you don't want there.  Meaning you are giving these people money to essentially brainwash you and they know it themselves, or they are delusional about the whole mess themselves.

I can even cite a nun that was ordained by the Catholic church as a 'saint' that said on television "the more we give, the more we recieve", which is completely contradictory to this statement "when you give a gift, give it to someone that you do not expect to return it"

In this, I have added to the pile of evidence that no christian today actually practices christianity or understands in any way its underlying, fundamental and basic concepts:  Try to do what is good and right.

6.  Now that I have said all of this, I will now turn my attention to the Gospel of thomas and let you know why even though it is the only remaining actual christian text, in it the evidence remains that the entire life of Jesus could be described as a complete myth, including any and all miracles, any story, or any events - even his birth and death on the cross and perhaps even his life is a mere story, a mere religion.

I have evidence for this too:

Christianity didn't actually start at the time everyone thinks it did.  There is some evidence surfacing of documents that date back to the ancient Egyptian period, so I will describe those now.

In these articles, Jesus and Judas are described as shape-shifting twins.  Judas being the dark one and Jesus being the "light".  So isn't that interesting that the "gospel of thomas" was supposedly written by "Judas Thomas Didymous" which precisely means "twin"?  And yet that is the only accurate depiction of Christianity in its true form?

I find that interesting indeed.  But there is more, only I can no longer find this online.  It's another Egyptian text, I just can't find it anymore on 'sacred-texts.org'

But it depicts a different take on the story of Joseph and Mary, also dating back to ancient Egypt.

In this story, Joseph is just some Egyptian dude with multiple wives, Mary being some young one that he is just sopposed to look after.  Mary wants a baby and so the priests in Egypt perform a ritual, and she becomes pregnant.  Some higher-up dudes find out about this, and ask Joseph if he had sex with Mary and impregnated her, which he denies.  So he is sent up into the mountains to drink some kind of poison to prove to "the gods" that he was telling the truth.  He came back alive, so the higher-ups let him and Mary go about their merry way.  So Joseph then follows Mary and she goes up to a mountain, and the mountain splits in half (hence likely the story if you believe, you can move a mountain...) Joseph follows her in, and a great white light comes pouring in through the crack and into her stomach.

Surprise!  Guess who pops out?  Jesus and Judas.

This brings me to my final point:

Conclusion:

Christianity is a mere story that started in Southern Ancient Egypt, the only remnants of which is now known as the Gospel of Thomas, all other depictions are simply alterations for concepts like control, rule, followers, and monetary generation, and as such the entire concept of Christinity is a mere story, which now exists as a maddening story.

Have fun, Christians.  In all honesty, the USA is likely about to fall under (a) a dictatorship (b) communist rule (c) economic isolation because, and I'll go ahead and 'blaspheme':  You are all god-damned fools.

So there you have it, and yes, I'll quote an old theologist that was a professor I used to sit with at a bookstore with some other friends:

"World religion does much more damage than it does any good"

Offline magicmiles 2.0

• Graduate
  • Darwins +14/-30
Wow. I'm kind of scared, reading these ramblings.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:37:04 AM by magicmiles 2.0 »

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +446/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog

Don't be scared...after all, they're just "ramblings". On the other hand, you could confront them with something more rational, no?

I have to assume that you accept that Jesus forced some demons into some pigs who then committed suicide? That Jesus fed 5,000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish? That a stubborn donkey was given the ability to speak? These things that are written in the pages of the Bible cannot possibly be ramblings because...Jesus. AmIRight?

Have you read Revelations from front to back? Given that Revelations cannot be ramblings to a true Christian, please share your thoughts on the majesty and true meaning of revelations! Details!

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +555/-11
  • Proudly 'biased' against the supernatural

Believe me, I know the feeling. We've had some scary ramblers come though here with some jaw dropping ideas. The weird thing is - they all claim to believe in the same god, and to follow the same book, but they can't agree about what it says.

Same words, same book, same god, wildly differing 'interpretations'. When enough of them band together, we get conflict and death.
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin

Offline magicmiles 2.0

• Graduate
  • Darwins +14/-30

I have to assume that you accept that Jesus forced some demons into some pigs who then committed suicide?

Yep.

That Jesus fed 5,000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish?

One of His best :)

That a stubborn donkey was given the ability to speak?

I'd forgotten that one!

These things that are written in the pages of the Bible cannot possibly be ramblings because...Jesus. AmIRight?

They don't come across as ramblings to me. The OP does.

Have you read Revelations from front to back? Given that Revelations cannot be ramblings to a true Christian, please share your thoughts on the majesty and true meaning of revelations! Details!

I don't have that much spare time. The key take away message is: Satan will have his arse handed to Him on a plate by Jesus. Bad news for His default supporters. (That's you, I'm sincerely sorry to say)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +446/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog

I have to assume that you accept that Jesus forced some demons into some pigs who then committed suicide?

Yep.

That Jesus fed 5,000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish?

One of His best :)

That a stubborn donkey was given the ability to speak?

I'd forgotten that one!

These things that are written in the pages of the Bible cannot possibly be ramblings because...Jesus. AmIRight?

They don't come across as ramblings to me. The OP does.

I don't have that much spare time. The key take away message is: Satan will have his arse handed to Him on a plate by Jesus. Bad news for His default supporters. (That's you, I'm sincerely sorry to say)

Well, may I offer you a Spark Notes version of the book you are placing your eternal soul in?   ;D

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +446/-25
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"

only after your god works with Satan intentionally damning Christians who were not murdered by this god in the first bloodbath.   This god intentionally allows them to be deceived by its supposed archenemy after JC himself rules over all of these happy Christians for an "eon".  It seems that MM either doesn't know his bible or intentionally is trying to deceive others.   Which is it, MM?   

I'm quite happy to not support a god that does the above per your very own holy book.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline goofball9

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member

only after your god works with Satan intentionally damning Christians who were not murdered by this god in the first bloodbath.   This god intentionally allows them to be deceived by its supposed archenemy after JC himself rules over all of these happy Christians for an "eon".  It seems that MM either doesn't know his bible or intentionally is trying to deceive others.   Which is it, MM?   

I'm quite happy to not support a god that does the above per your very own holy book.

Quite the case, that I wanted to point out.  I think you misunderstood me, by your responses.  I believe "we" make up a "god".  I am a "rationalist".  That is the only possible "god" by physics.

That said, how can there be a heaven and a hell both?  With "Jesus" presiding over both?

Then that again, contradicts the "bible".  Isn't satan supposed to be "gods enemy", and if so, shouldn't hell also?  So why is this "Jesus" damning persons to hell and also why are Christians?

I think you can understand me now.

There is not a heaven, if there is also a hell, hence the only real form of Christianity remaining today is the Gospel of Thomas.

And in case you did TL:DR, I also pointed out that even that was a mere ficticious story passed on around the approximate time of Moses' Torah, which is also completely false, hence Jesus couldn't possibly be in ancient southern Egypt as well as 0 AD at the same time, yes?

I'm telling you flat out with new evidence other than "why won't god heal amputees" that forget religions and gods.

All religions are false.

The only real "god" is our own observations.

Continue to discuss.  I'll watch...

Offline Emma286

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Why do you see that somebody can’t be an atheist and a rationalist at the same time?

Offline clip11

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-5
  • WWGHA Member

Well in the book of Timothy or Thessolonians, I forget which one, it does say that God will cause some of us to "believe a lie". Maybe atheist are being intentionally deceived by god or maybe he's just "allowing" us to be deceived. Much like how he "allows" even faithful believers to be deceived in Revelation.

After all, the lake of fire isn't going to populate itself!

Offline DGA

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Old but Alive
One has to be told a lie first, no? I didn't become an atheist from another atheist. Christians made me an atheist. Christians have this joke about how since many atheists don't have or want children that atheism will eventually die out (in the Western world.) The problem with that is: most atheists (in the Western world) are created by Christians.
"Poetry and its creations, philosophy and its researches and classifications, alike awoke the sleeping ideas in my mind, and gave me new ones." (from "The Last Man" (1826)) -- Mary Shelley

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +407/-9

Well in the book of Timothy or Thessolonians, I forget which one, it does say that God will cause some of us to "believe a lie". Maybe atheist are being intentionally deceived by god or maybe he's just "allowing" us to be deceived. Much like how he "allows" even faithful believers to be deceived in Revelation.

After all, the lake of fire isn't going to populate itself!
I hear it is nice this time of year.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!