Author Topic: catholic priest hoping the pope will die  (Read 300 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +399/-23
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
catholic priest hoping the pope will die
« on: March 20, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »
always good to see such god fearing men doing such nonsense

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/world/pope-francis-poland-edward-staniek-homily-trnd/index.html

""I pray for wisdom for the pope, for his heart to open up to the Holy Spirit. And if he does not do that, I pray for his quick departure to the House of the Father,"

and imprectory prayers are AOK!  ""I can always ask God for a happy death for him, because a happy death is a great grace,""

and tsk, such an awkward pot calling the kettle black

"In the name of mercy, [Pope Francis] calls parishes and dioceses to open the door for the followers of Islam," he said during his homily. "As a religion, they are hostile to the Gospel and the Church. They murdered millions in religious wars...We can show mercy to those Muslim believers who are dying of hunger or thirst. The doors of the diocese and the parish may be open only to believers in Jesus Christ."
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +374/-9
Re: catholic priest hoping the pope will die
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »
Seems odd.  The Pope is suppose to be the Vicar of Christ on Earth.  Head of the Universal Church.  So this priest and all priests should believe and honor this or they should not be priests.  So what is up with this guy?

Same thinking goes for those priests who molest little boys.  If they really believed in God they would not do that.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +103/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 08:10:42 PM »
What exactly are followers allowed to pray for?

Can't pray to hit the Mega Millions, can't pray for your enemies to be killed, (unless god kills them), can't pray to be cured of cancer either. You know, god gave you that cancer for a reason. If god gives you cancer, is it fitting to pray against god's will?
Mankind is not likely to salvage civilization unless he can evolve a system of good and evil which is independent of heaven and hell.

George Orwell

When you believe in things you don't understand
Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way

Online Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +530/-9
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 12:56:37 AM »
<snip> "As a religion, they are hostile to the Gospel and the Church.
And yet, they follow the God of Abraham, just like this guy. They believe the words of a different prophet, but they follow the same god.

<snip> The doors of the diocese and the parish may be open only to believers in Jesus Christ."
I'm not sure that this computes the way he thinks it does. Muslims believe that Jesus existed, they just don't think he was the (final?) prophet predicted in the OT.

The bit I cut entirely about religious wars is obvious hypocrisy. The whole quote is crap. Sigh.
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin

Offline albeto

• Reader
  • Darwins +295/-3
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 09:48:08 PM »
always good to see such god fearing men doing such nonsense

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/world/pope-francis-poland-edward-staniek-homily-trnd/index.html

""I pray for wisdom for the pope, for his heart to open up to the Holy Spirit. And if he does not do that, I pray for his quick departure to the House of the Father,"

and imprectory prayers are AOK!  ""I can always ask God for a happy death for him, because a happy death is a great grace,""

and tsk, such an awkward pot calling the kettle black

"In the name of mercy, [Pope Francis] calls parishes and dioceses to open the door for the followers of Islam," he said during his homily. "As a religion, they are hostile to the Gospel and the Church. They murdered millions in religious wars...We can show mercy to those Muslim believers who are dying of hunger or thirst. The doors of the diocese and the parish may be open only to believers in Jesus Christ."

What an absolutely, ridiculously, frustratingly accurate illustration at how religion defines and encourages ingroup/outgroup antagonism. For the record, the pope isn't saying anything controversial. He's suggesting, predictably, that in welcoming Muslim neighbors to Mass, some of them might be won over by the experience and convert to their religion and so Catholics should try that. It's the same patronizing shit they say about inviting LGBTQ people. No one can participate in the sacraments if they are not considered reconciled with the church (which would mean no mortal sin, divorce to be annulled, repent of and promise never to do gay stuff, etc), but they're welcome to sing the songs and listen to the stories of magic and let the woo warm their heathen little hearts.