Author Topic: Trump played golf while Florida shooting victims funerals happened  (Read 76 times)

Offline Emma286

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • WWGHA Member
One rule for Barack Obama but another for him, apparently (it's mentioned later in the article that he criticised him for doing the same kind of thing).

Donald Trump reportedly played golf as victims of the Florida school shooting were laid to rest at funerals just 45 miles away.

The President arrived at his Trump International Golf Club in Palm Beach on Monday morning.

Less than an hour’s drive away, grieving friends and relatives filed into services for 14-year-old Alaina Petty and 15-year-old Luke Hoyer.

READ MORE
Trump White House official says Florida shooting was ‘reprieve’
Mr Trump has previously met some of the victims of the massacre at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where 17 students and staff were killed.

He avoided the golf course over the weekend which he spent at his Mar-a-Lago resort, in a decision aides said was a mark of respect for the dead.

But he is known to enjoy the sport to relax.

Officials did not say if Mr Trump had played golf on Monday, but he was pictured wearing a white polo shirt and matching cap as he apparently returned to the course.

Mr Trump's critics noted the President did not mention the teenagers’ funerals, despite finding time to launch Twitter attacks on Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-florida-school-shooting-play-golf-funerals-mar-a-lago-parkland-a8218956.html

Is it me or does the guy have something of an obsession with slagging Barack Obama off every chance he gets? If so, I have to wonder why. After all Barack Obama has long been out of the president holding position by now!

Unless it's simply because he knows he has less popularity with people than Barack, and taking petty anger out on him seems the logical thing to do to him...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:49:12 AM by Emma286 »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +446/-25
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Trump played golf while Florida shooting victims funerals happened
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 11:57:05 AM »
Trump is a white supremacist and wannabee dictator.  He hates that Obama was and will always be better than him.   He resents that a black man ever dared to be president.   Trump is nothing more than the pathetic little wannabee Nazis at the end of The Blues Brothers. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Emma286

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 12:21:32 PM »
Well pointed out. Makes a fair bit of sense as to why he's behaving like this - as seriously immature and inappropriate as it is!

Online stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +119/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 12:23:14 PM »
He does not need to mourn the dead, they're dead. He already blamed the FBI and the Dems for their death, he got out the deaths what he needed.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:35:39 PM by stuffin »
Don't stop smiling at the world and keep your head full of hope.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +446/-25
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 12:33:10 PM »
we also have idiots like Ray Comfort blaming the shooting on not having his version of Christianity in the schools.

Deplorable was one of the best terms for these conservative Christian vermin.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Online stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +119/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 12:38:32 PM »
we also have idiots like Ray Comfort blaming the shooting on not having his version of Christianity in the schools.

We were discussing it at work this morn, somebody brought up the need for god in the schools. I told id we are under assault she should kneel and pray, I'll run as fast as I can to get the police and medical services she's may need if she doesn't die. It got quiet after that.
Don't stop smiling at the world and keep your head full of hope.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +406/-9
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »
Bottom line for this and everything Trump does...if it does not benefit him he could care less.

(Many years ago Trump showed up on stage at some charity event just to get his pic with them.  When asked if he would give he asked the person. "how will this benefit me".  That is Trump and always will be.)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +446/-25
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 03:06:13 PM »

We were discussing it at work this morn, somebody brought up the need for god in the schools. I told id we are under assault she should kneel and pray, I'll run as fast as I can to get the police and medical services she's may need if she doesn't die. It got quiet after that.

generally I ask them if we want our kids to be taught to murder people for working on the Sabbath too.