Author Topic: Here is 1 list, anyway (there may be more)  (Read 226 times)

Offline shnozzola

• Fellow
  • Darwins +263/-2
Here is 1 list, anyway (there may be more)
« on: February 08, 2018, 06:07:19 PM »

I got a good twelve or so, but at least I'm not rich, or a fire walker.   :o    I notice democrats aren't on there.  This list seems made up............ 8)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:09:46 PM by shnozzola »
We have guided missiles and misguided men.  ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Who cares if Kim Jung-Un gets a nuke. Nukes don’t kill people, people kill people.”

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Professor
  • Darwins +354/-39
Re: Here is 1 list, anyway (there may be more)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »
What if I've just built one gunpla? Does that make me a gunpla builder?
I am not sure how to describe the intricacies of this Hell, so I chose to begin with the most common or prominent theme of Hell, which is uncertainty.

Offline shnozzola

• Fellow
  • Darwins +263/-2
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 06:14:46 PM »
Probably does.  Here is another list that seems serious.  The revelry (number 34) seems a bit harsh.

http://peacebyjesus.witnesstoday.org/40SinsThatWillSendYouToHell.html

“Who cares if Kim Jung-Un gets a nuke. Nukes don’t kill people, people kill people.”

Offline shnozzola

• Fellow
  • Darwins +263/-2
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 06:17:15 PM »
Another one so serious each thing is listed twice.

http://thereasonforourhope.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Sins-List.pdf

Offline shnozzola

• Fellow
  • Darwins +263/-2
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 06:19:21 PM »
Supposedly, this is the official list of sins.  We are lucky people are doing this.  (you will notice debate is on the list)

http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/psuclass0/sinlist.html

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Professor
  • Darwins +354/-39
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 06:24:15 PM »
According to all these lists it looks like the only chance for salvation is to be aborted. Or worship the blood of a zombie. Then you can do whatever you want to as long as you appologize to it.

I am not sure how to describe the intricacies of this Hell, so I chose to begin with the most common or prominent theme of Hell, which is uncertainty.

Offline shnozzola

• Fellow
  • Darwins +263/-2
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 06:25:08 PM »
Another list, in case some were thinking these lists aren't serious.

http://do-the-word.org/667-sins-list/

69 is wearing the clothes of the opposite sex.  I guess the number is sort of fitting,but...... again I'm out.  I was thinking these were alphabetized, but I don't see "living" as a sin. Shouldn't it be?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:40:55 PM by shnozzola »

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Professor
  • Darwins +354/-39
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »
No, I get it. I know they are serious and I was only half joking.

According to the scriptures there is only one way to escape the threat of eternal damnation.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +169/-2
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 04:37:41 AM »
According to all these lists it looks like the only chance for salvation is to be aborted. Or worship the blood of a zombie. Then you can do whatever you want to as long as you appologize to it.

Yeps, sums it up nicely. The goal of such a list is to make it impossible to not since.
They tell you you're sick and only they have the cure. Religion 101.
2 Interwebs 7:42
And in the seventh year, thou shalt cast out the Nam from thine assembly for he haveth a potty mouth.

Offline Basset Hound

• Student
  • Darwins +15/-3
  • Long Eared Doggie
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 08:05:27 PM »
Have you noticed that there is one thing that is NEVER on the list of sins?  Giving money to the clergy?  Why is that?

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +205/-1
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 09:03:00 AM »

Yeps, sums it up nicely. The goal of such a list is to make it impossible to not since.
They tell you you're sick and only they have the cure. Religion 101.

Yup...as long as "original sin" is a thing and "sin nature" is something that everyone is automatically born with, that means that pretty much anything that is natural to us (not to mention the things which ARE actually harmful) is sinful by definition. Things like prayer without ceasing and loving god more than you do your family, friends, and self are NOT natural to humans. If they were, they would be classified as sins as well, and some other impossible behavior would be substituted as "good".  It's not about which things are actually harmful to ourselves and others - it's a careful list of as many natural human behaviors as they could come up with and then labeling them as "sin" retroactively in order to prove how evil we are.

Since even loving our fellow man is evil if we put that ahead of God, it ensures that no one who is naturally kind, charitable, etc, is really doing it right unless they preface and do it all in the name of said god in pretty much every instance.