Author Topic: in a heartbeat  (Read 190 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +346/-19
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
in a heartbeat
« on: August 09, 2017, 06:19:06 PM »
a very nice animated short about young gay kids (it has gone viral)

and a perhaps even nicer video of older folks reacting to it:

addendum:

of course, Ray Comfort, banana man and asshole extraordinaire, has his own video about it, where he claims that he'll tell everyone what is more important than love...... if you watch his actually old film which he of course shills (a film called Audacity that no one gave a fuck about including Christians).  Ah, Ray, always after that filthy lucre and not above lying to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFcGx3j5Qso

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:12:03 PM by velkyn »
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline wright

• Fellow
  • Darwins +195/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Re: in a heartbeat
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »
Sweet, effective and affective (for me, at least). It's sad and wearying to me that people like Comfort (though he has, as you point out, other motives in this particular case) find this objectionable.

It's a cartoon about a teenage crush, with both parties at the most briefly hugging and holding hands. One character's face and hair get a little smudged and disheveled, that's it. On the surface it should be utterly noncontroversial, the kind of short Walt Disney could have scripted and animated.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +308/-39
  • 7.499 billion people chose non violence today.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:52:51 PM »
I literally laughed out loud when the heart reached down and touched his magnificent hair. Then I cried when his heart broke. Then I cried when his heart was mended....but for two different reasons you see.

Fear of rejection is a soul crushing fear.

Nice video.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:54:51 PM by Mr. Blackwell »
As a child, I used to cry for myself. Now, I cry for humanity.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +346/-19
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 07:51:37 AM »
I literally laughed out loud when the heart reached down and touched his magnificent hair. Then I cried when his heart broke. Then I cried when his heart was mended....but for two different reasons you see.

Fear of rejection is a soul crushing fear.

Nice video.

I did love that little heart and its antics  :)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/