Author Topic: Johanna Michaelsen a fundamentalist conspiracist trying to make a comeback  (Read 89 times)

Offline wigglytuff

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
I think many of you guys might know about the satanic ritual abuse panic back from the 1980s and 90s, its champions like Lauren Stratford and Mike Warnake terrorized many children and even got people in legal trouble. However they never would have gotten their rise with out the help of Johanna Michaelsen, a fundamentalist writer who became famous after supposedly coming out of the "occult" who her self had connections to Hal Lindsey. The fall of these two characters in the 1990s also made Johanna go away... until now! She is trying to make a comeback warning fundies about the dangers of Yoga since its gotten so popluar and "crept" into their churches.  I heard she is even trying to republish her book that tell about how she was an "apprentice" to a "psychic" surgeon, I talked about this on this forums a few years ago so search it up if you want.

I think I found plenty of evidence that she is lying delusional (don't think too much is needed to prove so) but I think its good to let everyone know a discredited conspiracy believing fundamentalist Christian is trying to make a comeback

Online Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +330/-9
If there is a buck to be made and fools around, these kinds of people just repackage the same old shit and dish it out.

Oh, hail Satan.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-17
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
quite the nest of TrueChristiantm liars. 

ritual abuse, backmasking, D&D teaching people "real" spells, failed claims of the apocalypse, ah the good ol' days :P
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline wigglytuff

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
what always bothered me about her was trying figure out was she just deluded or a con artist who wanted money and attention, maybe a bit of both? someone believed their scams were okay because they taught people about Jesus?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-17
what always bothered me about her was trying figure out was she just deluded or a con artist who wanted money and attention, maybe a bit of both? someone believed their scams were okay because they taught people about Jesus?

well, plenty of them seem to think exactly that, that lies told for Jesus/God are okay.  they conveniently forget Romans 3
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +464/-9
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
If there is a buck to be made and fools around, these kinds of people just repackage the same old shit and dish it out.

Oh, hail Satan.

There are times when I actually get a little annoyed at myself for not being able to convince myself that it's ok to profit off of idiots. They're sitting there, just begging to be exploited and gawddammit, I know how to do it!!!!!

Sigh. Me and my stupid ethics.
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin

Offline wigglytuff

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member

well, plenty of them seem to think exactly that, that lies told for Jesus/God are okay.  they conveniently forget Romans 3

so you know about Johanna Michaelsen?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-17
so you know about Johanna Michaelsen?

only a little before and then I did some more research when you mentioned the name. 

Offline wigglytuff

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
i don't know why but I think I waste way too much time on her, ugh..... I mean after I found out no one has really debunked her before I went over board in trying to refute her.