Author Topic: Differences between men and women regarding emotional experiences  (Read 681 times)

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Differences between men and women regarding emotional experiences
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 09:22:29 AM »
Cool - where do I start?  Do I google for "men walking away laughing heartily in the face of a gold digger"?

;D (sorry can't help it!)

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2017, 10:27:29 AM »
Eg;

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/07/egg-freezing-women-30s-40s-lack-of-eligible-men-knights-shining-armour

I looked at that article Eh!. Regarding this:

Having begun similar research in the UK last year, at the London Women’s Clinic and the University of Cambridge Centre for Family Research, I can confirm that the picture on this side of the Atlantic looks pretty similar.

There are considerable numbers of single, successful, childless women in their 30s and 40s, and an increasing number are heading to fertility clinics to find out more about their reproductive options.

It's all very well for the writer of the article to say "considerable numbers" but they haven't actually backed this up with any UK number amount confirmations. They've not confirmed if they're talking hundreds, thousands, millions or whatever!

Before this, it was mentioned in the article that only 150 women in their late 30's and early 40's in the US and Israel (who chose egg freezing as an option) were interviewed. That's hardly a big number. I'd say that's a small minority of females figure wise. Hardly a big enough number, in itself, for anybody (the article writer included) to reasonably reach the kind of conclusion you refer to.

If by saying "having begun similar research in the UK last year" the writer means (I'm not sure if they do, but just saying if) that a similar number of UK women were interviewed, then (again) that's no reasonable basis on which to draw such a conclusion. That's like saying, I found 50 weeds growing in my front garden here in England. They fall into 3 categories. 1 lot was dark green, another one was medium green and another was light green. The light green one's are the fastest growing. Going by that, I conclude that it's the case that light green weeds are the fastest growing one's worldwide/generally (bear in mind that the article doesn't mention doing research in any country other than Israel, the US and the UK - that includes your country).

Also nothing in that article touches directly on the subject of whether or not any of these women are purely after money/other resources from men/why they are not in relationships with guys. It's quite a hasty leap to make, to conclude that they're all gold digger types who drove men away, going by what's described in this one article alone!

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »
^^^Especially about "all the discrimination against boys in school curriculum". I'm interested in sources for all the claims he's put forward, but that one is f'ing laughable, so I'm VERY curious to see what he can find to back that BS up.

^^^ I have to wonder if Eh! is going by his own personal experiences. May have been like that for him back in his day! Still, doesn't mean that this is necessarily the way things are generally (I have no opinion on this either way jtft as this isn't a subject I know much on).

I take it that this is a subject you know a fair bit on! ;-)

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +464/-9
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2017, 10:40:17 AM »
^^^Especially about "all the discrimination against boys in school curriculum". I'm interested in sources for all the claims he's put forward, but that one is f'ing laughable, so I'm VERY curious to see what he can find to back that BS up.

^^^ I have to wonder if Eh! is going by his own personal experiences. May have been like that for him back in his day! Still, doesn't mean that this is necessarily the way things are generally (I have no opinion on this either way jtft as this isn't a subject I know much on).
It seems that in general, eh! ONLY relies on his personal opinion about certain matters that have better social science explanations. But he thinks social science is bullshit, so he dismisses data that demonstrates the flaws in his perceptions and stops responding. This is my perception of how this goes with eh! - YMMV.

I take it that this is a subject you know a fair bit on! ;-)
No, not really. BUT, I'm betting that eh! knows even less. We'll have to see what sources he provided to back it up.
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2017, 10:46:30 AM »
Here's a truth bomb for everyone, not just you, and it merits a bit of consideration. The common factor in all your failed relationships is YOU. YOU are the one thing all of your failed relationships have in common.

I do agree that there is a lot of truth to that Jag. However, there are some circumstances in which I feel this doesn't apply.

Say that a woman is in a seriously abusive relationship with a guy (or it could even be the other way around sex wise) and does all the right things to maximise chances of making the relationship not fail. If the other person isn't willing to change/take steps to change, then is it really fair to blame the woman (or guy if that applies) for the relationship not working out?

Same if someone's partner chose to cheat on them. It might not necessarily be anything to do with the person being cheated on, in terms of their having done something wrong. It could just be that the other person wasn't ready to settle down with them but found being directly honest with them too difficult etc. Again, I don't see why that would be the other person's fault to any degree?

Just saying that I think that there are some exceptions to this rule!

It seems that in general, eh! ONLY relies on his personal opinion about certain matters that have better social science explanations. But he thinks social science is bullshit, so he dismisses data that demonstrates the flaws in his perceptions and stops responding. This is my perception of how this goes with eh! - YMMV.

Didn't realise that before on eh! thinking social science is nonsense! Yeah...at times I've gotten a similar impression.

No, not really. BUT, I'm betting that eh! knows even less. We'll have to see what sources he provided to back it up.

Hopefully he can provide more than the one article! Haven't found that the most convincing so far.

If you plan on just giving Emma286 a naked link as well, reconsider that and perhaps be prepared with a short summary or, at a minimum, explanation for why you're posting that particular article(s).

Appreciate that jdawg. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:53:33 AM by Emma286 »

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-17
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2017, 12:24:36 PM »
A couple of research papers on the concept of egg freezing:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3086489/

This one goes into the reasons a woman may not want to jump into a relationship with just anyone, and why younger eggs frozen before a certain age makes it more likely for a better pregnancy. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4467930/

goes into much of the same and points out that it can take a while to afford to have children, no matter what way.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +464/-9
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2017, 04:19:26 PM »
Disclaimer - I am not blaming the victim below, I'm just using Emma's example and one from my life to make a point. Abuse is not the topic under discussion, it's only used in context of the discussion.

Here's a truth bomb for everyone, not just you, and it merits a bit of consideration. The common factor in all your failed relationships is YOU. YOU are the one thing all of your failed relationships have in common.

I do agree that there is a lot of truth to that Jag. However, there are some circumstances in which I feel this doesn't apply.

Say that a woman is in a seriously abusive relationship with a guy (or it could even be the other way around sex wise) and does all the right things to maximise chances of making the relationship not fail. If the other person isn't willing to change/take steps to change, then is it really fair to blame the woman (or guy if that applies) for the relationship not working out?

Same if someone's partner chose to cheat on them. It might not necessarily be anything to do with the person being cheated on, in terms of their having done something wrong. It could just be that the other person wasn't ready to settle down with them but found being directly honest with them too difficult etc. Again, I don't see why that would be the other person's fault to any degree?

Just saying that I think that there are some exceptions to this rule!
Nope, there aren't. None. You are interpreting that statement in a specific way[1] that leads you down the wrong path.

Stop for a minute and think it through. Just read the words and think about just the words - don't try to apply them to any situation, just read what it says.....

Ok, did you find the problem? (Hint: the word 'failed' is throwing you off)

I'm just stating an obvious truth. I'm not saying anything more than one single statement - the one thing EVERY relationship you have ever had, or will have, they all share the common element of YOU.

It doesn't say anything about "who's fault it is", it just points out a truth so obvious that most people never think about it. I chose it to suggest to eh! that he might benefit from recognizing his own patterns of behavior in relationships - such as blaming the other party in all his failed relationships perhaps? - that might otherwise be invisible to him. It requires emotional honesty, often of the painful sort, and the willingness to really examine previous relationships from the other person's perspective.

If you want to take it a step further with your example, what would motivate a woman to stay in a relationship with an abusive man, and continue to try to "make it work"? I'm not being judgmental, it's a serious question that fits perfectly with the initial observation. She's not abusing herself, she is being abused by her partner. In the context of my statement, it doesn't matter what the other person is doing or not doing - your own behaviors are the only things you can control, so it only makes sense to learn to see your own behaviors and recognize the ways they are or are not helping you achieve your relationship goals.

To take an extreme example, I once had a classmate who told us that she had been in an abusive relationship. A few days later, in the same class, the professor made a observation similar to mine during a lecture, specifically referencing responsibility, and the woman kinda flipped out. She started yelling about how being abused wasn't her fault, and that she had no responsibility for that relationship. Which was exactly the point that the professor had been heading toward - people need to own their choices in relationships and make decisions based on what is real, not what we wish was real.

The idea was that it's useful, and even important to recognize that at any number of steps along a given 'relationship path', a different choice could/would lead to a different outcome. Regardless of her eventual abuse, the woman in the story above was not forced into the relationship, she chose to go in. THAT'S the choice that needs to be examined. The point was future focused - seeing what you have done that has not served you well, will help you figure out how to make different choices in new relationships, leading to other outcomes. The hope, of course, is that the choices and outcomes are also better.

Rather than continuing in lecture mode...

THE POINT - If you want your life, or your relationship, to be different, YOU need to be different. Make a different choice. It can be as simple as a greeting or a smile, or as complex as seeking therapy to modify behaviors that are getting in the way of your goals, but the only person you can manage is you.
 1. and no worries, a LOT of people do exactly what you did when they hear or read it the first time
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:22:35 PM by Jag »
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1079/-26
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
Re math, computing & physics male definitely surpass females in average across the world in spite of the almost limitless money thrown at females in these fields and the prevalent  discrination against men.

Girls achieve better than boys younger especially at language. As they approach maturity boys in general overtake the girls in spite of all the discrimination against boys in school curriculum.
Evidence, eh.  Anyone can make a claim.

Example:  https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/12/111212153123.htm

A major study of recent international data on school mathematics performance casts doubt on some common assumptions about gender and math achievement -- in particular, the idea that girls and women have less ability due to a difference in biology.

"We tested some recently proposed hypotheses that try to explain a supposed gender gap in math performance and found they were not supported by the data," says Janet Mertz, senior author of the study and a professor of oncology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Instead, the Wisconsin researchers linked differences in math performance to social and cultural factors.
It's an interesting read overall.  Definitely recommend it.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

Offline albeto

• Reader
  • Darwins +213/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 12:55:15 PM »
This one goes into the reasons a woman may not want to jump into a relationship with just anyone, and why younger eggs frozen before a certain age makes it more likely for a better pregnancy.

This seems to me a more reasonable path to take with regard to eh's article than the idea women are increasingly being snubbed by men because they're inherently bitchy and men are finally sick and tired of it. I mean, that's one way to look at it, that the increase of freezing eggs is due to an increase in rejection of women based on men finally having the what, courage? smarts? support? to reject them, and women are freaking out. I would be curious to see an objective source supporting this hypothesis, too. It seems it might be more reasonable to, oh, I don't know, consider the increase of freezing eggs might be due to the developing technology and affordability of freezing eggs.

Also, culture increasingly allows women and men to live independently. In other words, a woman no longer needs a man to bring home a salary to provide for her food and shelter, and a man no longer needs a woman to tend to domestic duties while he's at work. We have dishwashers now, washing machines, pre-packaged foods, farms deliver fresh produce to your door. Men and women aren't dependent upon each other as they used to be, so the idea of "settling" is less and less appealing. I suspect this goes both ways.

Not to pick on eh personally, but as I was thinking about this argument last night it struck me as being similar to the religious cognitive "patches" people use to connect two deeply held, but realistically incongruous beliefs. His cognitive dissonance is no more rational than that of the xian who thanks jesus for loving and supernaturally protecting them while burying their 16 year old niece.

Back to the OT, I recall one transgender member of a forum I used to frequent (FTM) who reported after beginning transition, they no longer had the same emotional reflexes. They no longer felt waves of tears coming on during times of sadness, upset, or stress. It's not that they had more control, the simply didn't have the same response. I have no idea if this is experienced by others, or if so by what percentage. I think it's tough to rely on anecdotal evidence because we tend to assume our experiences are universal, and our experiences are naturally quite limited.

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »
I am not going to justify to people that are backwardly entrenched in feminist paradigms. I know you want to frame every injustice, pay gap......etc into social & cultural factors ...male white oppression etc.

Guys I honestly think that line of thought is stagnant, backwards, unproductive and unscientific.

I know a lot of academics have built empires on it but its tired and repetitive.

If you are genuinely interested in truth, concern for society etc then please try prove your own views wrong like you always tell theists to do.

Interesting  stats here, as I said young girls do better than young boys. Boys completely surpass and dominate further in careers in the harder fields. And just no, its not social, cultural, male white power structure...bullshit. That's tired old boring clichés that stop the conversation progressing to whatever the truth is, which I don't know.

https://ngcproject.org/statistics
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +470/-40
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2017, 03:28:48 PM »
Translation:  I know I don't have evidence, but I'm too much of a chicken shit to admit it.
I always say what I mean. But sometimes I'm a sarcastic prick whose tone can't be properly communicated via text.

Online wright

• Fellow
  • Darwins +185/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2017, 03:44:31 PM »
I am not going to justify to people that are backwardly entrenched in feminist paradigms. I know you want to frame every injustice, pay gap......etc into social & cultural factors ...male white oppression etc.

Guys I honestly think that line of thought is stagnant, backwards, unproductive and unscientific.

Stagnant, backwards, unproductive and unscientific how, and for whom?

Interesting  stats here, as I said young girls do better than young boys. Boys completely surpass and dominate further in careers in the harder fields. And just no, its not social, cultural, male white power structure...bullshit. That's tired old boring clichés that stop the conversation progressing to whatever the truth is, which I don't know.

You've yet to show how this gender disparity is caused by what you claim, eh. While on the other hand, others here have provided evidence that social, cultural and gender discrimination do play significant roles in that disparity.

And if you don't know what the truth is and can't present anything but your opinion on this topic, you're in no position to say others' claims are "tired old boring cliches that stop the conversation progressing" to it.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »
Nobody has produced any evidence that you state at all.

My egg freezing trend was confirmed, acknowledge it in the name if honesty.

More men are opting out of marriage and breeding, just fact.
some skepisms,
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +470/-40
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »
Nobody has produced any evidence that you state at all.

Hmm...
A couple of research papers on the concept of egg freezing:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3086489/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4467930/

goes into much of the same and points out that it can take a while to afford to have children, no matter what way.

Was this untruth of yours on purpose, or by accident, eh!?

First off, it's not "your" trend.  Second, nobody disputed that the trend was happening.  They just disputed your claims as to why it was happening.  What is your source of evidence supporting that "why"?

And women are, too.  I realize you don't include them since they're not totally "people" to you, but they do bear mention as well.
I always say what I mean. But sometimes I'm a sarcastic prick whose tone can't be properly communicated via text.

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +464/-9
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2017, 04:23:59 PM »

I know a lot of academics have built empires on it but its tired and repetitive.

If you are genuinely interested in truth, concern for society etc then please try prove your own views wrong like you always tell theists to do.

I'll leave it to others to tackle the bucket of entrails that is the first part of your post and only address the last part for now.

But do note that your bullshit didn't go unnoticed, nor did your usual complete lack of support. At this point you would be better served by just slinking away and pretending you never started this stupidity in the first place, but if you insist on continuing, well...

Does it address your claim of discrimination against boys in school? No one argued that young girls don't do better than young boys, so how 'bout you support what was actually rejected?

And can you explain why you reject a social science explanation with no more than '... bullshit" while admitting that you have no fucking clue what the 'truth' is? "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'm sure that the answer people who researched this question came up with is wrong because derp-derpity-derp-d'oh!".

You have no business making fun of skep when you sound just like him. You might want to revise your sig.

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +464/-9
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2017, 04:43:22 PM »
Nobody has produced any evidence that you state at all
Bullshit.

That's not the claim you made. Jesus pleezus go back and reread your own posts so you sound less desperate.

Was that your original claim? I don't think so... But let's go ahead and pretend that it was, just for kicks.

More? More than what? More men than women are opting out? More men than billy goats are opting out? What the hell are you trying to convey here? Is this claim of "more" compared to a specific time in history? More than when? Are you accounting for population growth in your position? Are you talking about a number, or a ratio? Or are you  just talking out your ass again, holding forth on matter of which you have no knowledge. Now that you started talking shit, you can't just back down?

Once you've addressed the big glaring holes in that claim, we can try to tackle a few of your other profound errors. I gotta say eh!, trying to change the goalposts is not looking like it's gonna help you. Denying what people have posted to you is not helping either, since we can all read. Dodging questions, trying to revise your claims without acknowledging that you did so, drifting away from the original position but pretending that this is what you were always talking about - where do we usually see these kind of tactics eh!?

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2017, 04:43:43 PM »
The links other supplied reinforce one of my claims.

So if I get this right, nobody is refuting my claims you just want proof on the causes.
some skepisms,

Offline jdawg70

• Administrator
  • Darwins +1025/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2017, 04:50:48 PM »
Eg;

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/07/egg-freezing-women-30s-40s-lack-of-eligible-men-knights-shining-armour

Break it down for me: what do you think I ought to understand from reading this article?

If you plan on just giving Emma286 a naked link as well, reconsider that and perhaps be prepared with a short summary or, at a minimum, explanation for why you're posting that particular article(s).

eh! -

If you addressed this, I think you'll start making strides towards recognizing how badly you are fucking up right now.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +470/-40
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »

Vague to the point of uselessness, this.  Which is of course what you're aiming for, right?  Uselessness?

So if I get this right, nobody is refuting my claims you just want proof on the causes.

They're refuting (as in, not believing) your claims about those causes.  Those assertions about causes are also your claims.  Own 'em or leave 'em, please.  It's called being honest.

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2017, 05:21:06 PM »
On feminising the curriculum, disadvantaging boys;

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/education/2006/jun/13/schools.uk3

"They have found the skills have been feminised. What seems to have been beaten out of them is any enthusiasm for anything. Some boys are resorting to gangs, which present a world where basic male instincts hold sway."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:23:15 PM by eh! »
some skepisms,

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +464/-9
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2017, 05:24:00 PM »

Well, if you are actually making an effort to do a better job communicating, I'd like to take the opportunity to ask you - again - to learn to use the quoting feature. You're hard enough to follow without having to try to figure out who you are talking to or what you are responding to.

It would also be really helpful if you would make a list of the claims you have made so far, so we can make sense of what you are supporting with whatever evidence you provide. You've made a number of claims with small but important differences, so you will need to be very careful to make clear WTF you're talking about every step of the way.

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +464/-9
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 05:29:13 PM »
On feminising the curriculum, disadvantaging boys;

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/education/2006/jun/13/schools.uk3

"They have found the skills have been feminised. What seems to have been beaten out of them is any enthusiasm for anything. Some boys are resorting to gangs, which present a world where basic male instincts hold sway."

The last sentence of your "evidence" says this:
"He said Mr Sewell's comments were "sweeping generalisations".

And let's be really clear eh!, all you did was post someone's opinion. it happens to match your own, but it's just someone's opinion. He didn't even conduct any research - which would explain why you like him - he just took a position on a topic and spoke about that position. BFD, seriously. That's not evidence of your claim of discrimination being valid.

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1079/-26
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2017, 06:53:15 PM »
Allow me to say it again, eh: Evidence.

That doesn't mean posting naked links, or making obtuse claims about things others are posting, or anything along those lines.  It means, show your work and stand by it.

What you are doing here is literally no different than any other person who's unable to see the blinkers created by their beliefs, or to recognize the distortion of those beliefs, and thus unable to do anything about them.

In order to be rational, you have to recognize that your own beliefs could be wrong, and so be willing to update them based on things you find out.  As far as I can tell, you aren't willing or able to do either.  You're basically a "clever arguer" rather than a "curious inquirer", meaning that you already have your conclusion and are only looking for things which support it, while disregarding things that don't.

And given that the "curious arguer" is taking advantage of known human psychological flaws, it makes me disinclined to accept what you say even on the rare occasions when you do present a bit of evidence.  Especially when the evidence fits better in a different paradigm than the one you're trying to argue for.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-17
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2017, 08:19:23 PM »

okay, if this is the truth, then you can show what link supported which of your claims.  I'm going to posit that you cannot and are going to show yourself as the usual coward, running away from a discussion when your nonsense fails. 

You haven't gotten anything right and you deliberately ignore evidence that shows your beliefs to be wrong. I have certainly refuted your claims.   It is entertaining to a point, to see someone like you who is stuck with a recording medium that does a wonderful job at showing how inept you are at trying to be deceitful.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2017, 08:32:04 PM »
Sounds like shaming language - tactical feminism.
some skepisms,

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +470/-40
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2017, 08:56:44 PM »
When you act shamefully, you can't rightly complain when people make you feel shame for it.  Fuck.

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2017, 09:13:10 PM »
No shame here, I predicted the shaming language would come, surprised the "m" word hasnt used yet.
some skepisms,

Online kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +132/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2017, 09:24:44 PM »
Wasn't long reading an article about typical differences between the way men and women think (regarding the authors view). It was from the website A New Mode. I subscribe to the website because, while I don't agree with everything presented information wise, I do find some of the relationship psychology related articles very interesting to think about.

Came across this in the article I read earlier:

Generally speaking, women are more emotional and men are more practical. In this sense men have it easier because logic and reason make a lot more sense than emotions do most of the time

Was curious to hear what others here think on just how true this is! It does seem to me, going by my experiences with men and women, that there is quite a bit of truth to this. But still considering that this viewpoint could be somewhat over biased.

No troll comments in here from anyone please.

I think that there might at times be the appearance of women being more emotional than men, and men more practical than women. But I think that this is a fabrication. I think that both experience emotions strongly, but are conditioned from a very young age to express and deal with those emotions differently.

This is probably a bit to generalized, but a lot of males in western society have been taught at a young age that boys don't cry, showing emotions is weak, in fact the only emotion that is natural to males is anger, which is of course often expressed in unacceptable ways. Males are taught not to acknowledge their emotions, and that doing so is a sign of weakness. So men may appear less emotional, because they brainwashed to be emotionless. But this is obviously unhealthy as men have a wide range of emotions that are valid. And though women are often seen as more emotional than men, and often stereotyped as such, but men are just as prone to making decisions based on emotions as women are.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1079/-26
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2017, 09:46:12 PM »
eh:  Even if it was "shaming language" (whatever you mean by that), so what?  It doesn't excuse your own behavior in any way, shape, or form.  If anything, it just comes across as an excuse so you can pretend to ignore whatever else they said.  As is evident by the fact that you avoided responding to multiple posts.  That is a violation of the forum rules - most notably, the one about not engaging in tactics to avoid addressing arguments against your posts.

If you have issues with the way someone responded to you, then you should either take it up with them privately or else, if it's serious enough, report it to the moderation team.  But you should still address arguments against your posts, rather than finding reasons not to - because no matter what kind of bravado you put forward, it's going to tell others that you aren't confident in your own arguments.  Someone who is confident in their arguments will not respond to counter-arguments by failing to respond to them.