Author Topic: Hobby Lobby owners stealing artifacts  (Read 157 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-17
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Hobby Lobby owners stealing artifacts
« on: July 06, 2017, 07:29:52 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/05/nyregion/hobby-lobby-artifacts-smuggle-iraq.html?_r=0 

Hmmm, thou shalt not steal and thou shalt not lie seem to have been missed by these TrueChristians(tm).    it's pathetic when they must pillage countries in order to evidently support their myths.  I wonder, do the bits that don't conform to their presuppositions mysteriously get destroyed?
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +330/-9
Re: Hobby Lobby owners stealing artifacts
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »
It's all good as long as they withhold birth control from their employees.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 09:20:16 AM »
Thanks for sharing Velkyn.

Hmm:

Mr. Green said that Hobby Lobby’s collection of historical Bibles and artifacts like the tablets was “consistent with the company’s mission and passion for the Bible.” He added that the company had planned to display the items it bought in various museums and public institutions

As for the smuggling allegations, Mr. Green said in the statement that Hobby Lobby was “new to the world of acquiring these items, and did not fully appreciate the complexities of the acquisitions process.” He added that “regrettable mistakes” were made and that he should have “exercised more oversight.”

So if this was all down to regrettable mistakes as claimed, how come this guy never said anything about finding it odd that so called tile samples were sent to his company branches when they were something else?

Also looks to me like he's admitted knowing what the true nature of the items were all along.

My impression here is that he's just making up excuses to avoid being caught out on the fact that he knew just what he was doing! He can't have this both ways.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-17
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »
that's pretty much what it is, a lot of excuses because they got caught.   And having these tablets means that any context of their origin has been lost, just for a TrueChristian's greed. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1122/-38
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »
I find it obnoxious that the report kept saying "hobby lobby did this" or "hobby lobby did that" or "charges will be filed against hobby lobby."   It wasn't hobby lobby.  It was the owners and other people who work for them.  A corporate chain of stores did not do those things.  People within the corporation did.  Charge them.  Fine them.  Send them to jail.
What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +330/-9
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 07:45:21 AM »
I find it obnoxious that the report kept saying "hobby lobby did this" or "hobby lobby did that" or "charges will be filed against hobby lobby."   It wasn't hobby lobby.  It was the owners and other people who work for them.  A corporate chain of stores did not do those things.  People within the corporation did.  Charge them.  Fine them.  Send them to jail.
Corporations are people, my friend.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +362/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 08:10:27 AM »
Corporations are people, my friend.

Indeed, perhaps we throw Hobby Lobby into "retail jail" for a spell. Force them to close their doors for a period of time hurting employees and investors alike. Enough of that type of punishment might make people think twice before applying to work there, and lose enough income to remind the people responsible that their attempts to steal property have long-reaching effects.

I know, fantasy thinking.

Offline stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +58/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 08:50:07 AM »
I remember reading about their pillaging of artifacts to support their beliefs and all I kept thinking was, FUCKING HYPOCRITES.
The Greatest Story Ever Told Was So Wrong

Been Two thousand Years and He Ain't Shown Yet,

We Kept His Seat Warm and The Table Set.

The Greatest Story Ever Told Was So Wrong, So Wrong.