Author Topic: JWs on the prowl  (Read 202 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-9
JWs on the prowl
« on: June 14, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »
Out working in my garage this morning when I noticed a mini van stop on the street and well dressed people got out and headed for both sides of the street.  You could see the JW pouring off them.  Two women on one side and two guys on the other.  The two guys were on my side of the street.  I waited for them to work their way to my drive and half way up I said, "Not interested in your nonsense, so move along".  One said OK and turned around and walked off without even trying to give me their propaganda.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +99/-1
  • IXNAY
Re: JWs on the prowl
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:15:12 PM »
Had the JWs visit my cul-de-sac a few days ago too.  I was puttering in the yard when they came by.

The JW gent handed me a pamphlet, and I politely refused, telling him to save it for someone else, that I'm not his target audience.  However, I told him my sister is a JW (has been for decades), and appreciated how her congregation took such good care of her when she was struggling with throat cancer (my sister lives alone and far away). We had a good, non-religious conversation about that. 

Turns out the JW gent was also a veteran, which I am as well, so we talked a bit about our time in the military.  After that we bid each other farewell and happily went on about our appointed tasks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:40:47 PM by Backspace »
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline mrbiscoop

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-3
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 08:34:08 PM »
So Nick are you back here for good?
So you're gonna go out there, drink your drink, say "Goodnight, I've had a very lovely evening", go home, jerk off. And that's all you're gonna do.
     -Vincent Vega

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +103/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:53:18 PM »
Can't say that I blame you Nick. It does get a bit much at times. Glad to know that at least one fast got the message!

Not too long ago I got fooled into taking a leaflet by an elderly lady at a local bus stop. It wasn't immediately obvious that she was a JW. She just looked like any regular person who was waiting for a bus. She started to make a bit of pleasant small talk with me. I didn't think too much of it, to start with. And then she mentioned that she was handing out leaflets! She offered me one. When glancing at the front page, it really wasn't apparent that it had anything to do with religion. I thought it must be some kind of charity thing, and so took it. I figured that it couldn't hurt to have a look.

However, after catching my bus and sitting down, I flipped open the leaflet and, upon reading the text inside, realised that it was a JW leaflet. Luckily there was a public bin at the location I was terminating at. I didn't hesitate to use it!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:03:40 AM by Emma286 »

Offline stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +58/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 09:04:43 AM »
Can't say that I blame you Nick. It does get a bit much at times. Glad to know that at least one fast got the message!

Not too long ago I got fooled into taking a leaflet by an elderly lady at a local bus stop. It wasn't immediately obvious that she was a JW. She just looked like any regular person who was waiting for a bus. She started to make a bit of pleasant small talk with me. I didn't think too much of it, to start with. And then she mentioned that she was handing out leaflets! She offered me one. When glancing at the front page, it really wasn't apparent that it had anything to do with religion. I thought it must be some kind of charity thing, and so took it. I figured that it couldn't hurt to have a look.

However, after catching my bus and sitting down, I flipped open the leaflet and, upon reading the text inside, realised that it was a JW leaflet. Luckily there was a public bin at the location I was terminating at. I didn't hesitate to use it!

Rule number one; Take no pamphlets from people on the streets!
The Greatest Story Ever Told Was So Wrong

Been Two thousand Years and He Ain't Shown Yet,

We Kept His Seat Warm and The Table Set.

The Greatest Story Ever Told Was So Wrong, So Wrong.

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +103/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 09:50:20 AM »
Yup. I learned my lesson! :-)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-9
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 12:19:02 PM »
I don't know yet.  I think everyone here should go around the table and say nice things about me.  Then I will decide.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +103/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
I wasn't aware that you'd left here any time recently! Had the impression that you still dropped by every now and then.

Anyways, welcome back!

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 03:32:41 PM »
I don't know yet.  I think everyone here should go around the table and say nice things about me.  Then I will decide.

I think your hot....no homo.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +469/-9
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 08:33:56 PM »
You have lovely hair in your photo.  ;)
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +103/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 01:47:59 PM »
Another thing, you're a very effective JW survivor! :-D