Author Topic: Feminism made the west Muslim.  (Read 1090 times)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1128/-38
  • Karma mooch
Re: Feminism made the west Muslim.
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2017, 08:02:21 PM »
Brutal patriarchal cultures - positive birth rate.

Maybe that's not the key factor?  Maybe it's dirt poor cultures?  Or dirt stupid cultures?  And maybe once they get some economic development or wise up, their birth rate will go down?  Or maybe it won't, which won't matter, because they'll just starve and kill each other over sparse resources?

And even if you're right, what's your answer anyway? Have more babies?  Go to war?  Institute over the top brutal patriarchal culture?
What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +470/-40
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2017, 08:45:06 PM »
Maybe that's not the key factor?  Maybe it's dirt poor cultures?  Or dirt stupid cultures?  And maybe once they get some economic development or wise up, their birth rate will go down?

Already brought that up:
Japan does not have a strong feminist culture, yet its birth rate is similarly dismal.  You know what it does have, though, that the other low-birth-rate countries have as well?  A very stable, first-world economy and education system.  Wouldn't you find that a region's poverty and instability increase its birth rates?

It went unaddressed then, and will surely go unaddressed now.  It doesn't fit the necessary narrative.
I always say what I mean. But sometimes I'm a sarcastic prick whose tone can't be properly communicated via text.

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +103/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2017, 05:59:44 AM »
MRA?

men's rights activist.  Guys who are desperately afraid of losing their primacy in the world.  those silly links that eh! gave (not the UN one) are very mild versions of what goes on in that sphere. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men%27s_rights_movement

Thanks for the pointer!

Thinking at this point that I should start taking what I read on Quora with just a bit more of a pinch of salt than I have been...

MRA?

Men's Rights Activist: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Men%27s_rights_movement

I have no idea if eh! considers himself an MRA or not. Though he has and does espouse similar views on some things.

Thanks Wright. Good to be aware of!

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +468/-5
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2017, 02:23:31 AM »
And even if you're right, what's your answer anyway? Have more babies?  Go to war?  Institute over the top brutal patriarchal culture?

eh? has no answer, he's already said that - well, apart from "run and hide - leave the women behind", which I suppose is an answer of thoughts.

Having read the "honest male" thread, my feeling is that what eh? would like to espouse is that Western culture reverts back a few hundred years to a patriarchal society when women were property and were (essentially) breeders, to try to "out-baby" the similarly patriarchal baby-farm society that he dislikes.  Perhaps the only difference is who specifically would be on top - in this case, eh?.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2017, 05:15:33 AM »
Sorry I have nothing to add that I haven't already said.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +468/-5
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2017, 05:42:47 AM »
Sorry I have nothing to add that I haven't already said.

In that case, thread locked.

• Discussion threads are for discussion of the topic at hand, not simply advertising one's opinions. As such, forum members are expected to back up assertions they make, and not engage in stonewalling, shifting goalposts, changing the subject, or employing similar tactics to avoid addressing points raised against their arguments.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?