Author Topic: Some central London pics  (Read 199 times)

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Some central London pics
« on: May 17, 2017, 07:05:58 AM »
As it was my birthday yesterday, decided to spend part of the day taking a stroll through Green Park, the Buckingham Palace area and St James's park. Thought I'd share a few snapshots of those latter two areas in case anyone would like to have a browse. If so, hoping you like :-)

Edit: Sorry, I only just realised it's not a good idea to include One Drive links because that means anyone can go through all my stuff on it. Going to replace with some flickr links.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:54:15 AM by Emma286 »

Offline jdawg70

• Administrator
  • Darwins +1025/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
Re: Some central London pics
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 08:39:10 AM »
Ducks!!!!!!!

Very nice.  I knew that London had to occasionally have non-rainy days :)

And happy belated 'congratulations on successfully circumnavigating an M-class star once again' day.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:17:14 AM »
Haha thanks jdawg70! :-) Yup, as it's spring here we're getting a number of those non-rainy days. That said, at the start of the day yesterday it really did look like it was going to rain.

Yeah...I've now hit 36! The day before I did, it did start to hit me as pretty scary as to how just fast my 35th year went. Still, guess I'll be used to being 36 soon enough and, really, it's no different anyway!

Offline jdawg70

• Administrator
  • Darwins +1025/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 10:23:15 AM »
Still, guess I'll be used to being 36 soon enough and, really, it's no different anyway!

You could do what I do - I've been 21 for damn near 20 years :)
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 10:46:36 AM »
Still, guess I'll be used to being 36 soon enough and, really, it's no different anyway!

lol! I'll bear that in mind! :-D

Offline wright

• Fellow
  • Darwins +186/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 05:31:42 PM »
Happy Belated Birthday, Emma. And thanks for sharing those images of your home city.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 12:29:02 AM »
Many thanks Wright, and no worries. ;-) I hoped they might be interesting to anyone here who's ever thought of visiting central London but hasn't yet.

I will also strongly recommend Hyde park. Possibly I'm biased, but I personally love it there. It's the largest of the four royal parks with quite a bit to see and do!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:20:46 AM by Emma286 »

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +194/-1
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 06:59:35 PM »

And I've reached the 29th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

Thanks for the pics, Emma. I was in London just over 2 years ago and had a much nicer stretch of weather than they were having at home in Connecticut. I was in England for all of April, and saw rain about three times with very mild temperatures while Connecticut still managed to have frosty days and even a couple of inches of snow almost until I returned home.

Anyway, happy birthday! Get used to those years slipping by faster :)

Offline Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 02:54:54 AM »

And I've reached the 29th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

Lol!

Thanks for the pics, Emma. I was in London just over 2 years ago and had a much nicer stretch of weather than they were having at home in Connecticut. I was in England for all of April, and saw rain about three times with very mild temperatures while Connecticut still managed to have frosty days and even a couple of inches of snow almost until I returned home.

Anyway, happy birthday! Get used to those years slipping by faster :)

No worries jynnan! :-) Hoping that you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad that you were able to visit at a time that we were having decent weather. Out of interest, what kind of time of year was that? I don't know much about how weather temperatures typically differ over in the US to ours during different season times. I know that it typically gets colder over in New York during winter months compared to how things usually work out here during winter now days (though we used to get very cold winters here too) - but that's about it!

Many thanks for the birthday thoughts, much appreciated. :-) Haha am sure I will, indeed, start to get more used to it.