Author Topic: Mr. President Donald Trump  (Read 4130 times)

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Mr. President Donald Trump
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2017, 06:30:24 PM »
And licencing his name.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +294/-34
  • 7.499 billion people chose non violence today.
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2017, 08:00:31 PM »
I don't know. I still view him as a social liberal Democratic

?  Why do you think this?

I'm just basing that on the past 69 years of his life vs the very recent development with no explanation as to why he suddenly chose to identify as a conservative Republican on his most recent run for President.  He absolutely is a con man but he has never been conservative about anything in his life until he actually won. Now that he's in, he has to at least try to keep up the facade. He is doing the biding of the Republican party at the moment because he has no clue what he actually wants to do or how to do it...yet. I mean, other than make a name for himself but as far as real policy and diplomacy goes he is a duck out of water.

I can think of one specific example that confirmed my belief that he was only in it for the lulz and publicity was when, as a candidate in the primaries, he was asked about abortion. He wasn't prepared for the question. He hadn't given it much thought about how to answer that question from a conservative point of view so he just said what he imagined a conservative would say.

Here is what he said on meet the nation back in 1999 when he was floating the idea of running for President

And now we have this

And a pretty good break down by The Young Turks

There are other examples to back up my inability to accept his current act...like the fact that two of his children could not vote for him in the New York primaries because they were not registered Republicans.

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump said Monday that his children, Eric and Ivanka, "feel very, very guilty" they will be unable to vote for him in New York's primary next week because they missed the state's voter registration deadline.
"They had a long time to register and they were unaware of the rules so they feel very, very guilty, they feel very guilty, but it's fine, I understand, that," the real estate mogul said on Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "I think they have to register a year in advance so Eric and Ivanka I guess won't be voting."
New York's primary is April 19.

Eric and Ivanka needed to have changed their registration to Republican by October 9, 2015 in order to vote in the state's closed primary. Yahoo News reported last week that the two Trump children were not registered with any party.

I believe you can take the man out of the socially liberal New York jungle but you can't change the man. Maybe he is the type of Zebra who has the ability to change his stripes but with him, it only amounts to a costume change.

I am not assigning a negative value to social liberalism. I'm just saying that I do not believe him when he now says he is pro life. However, he IS a shill stuck waaaay out in the deep end of the pool now that he occasionally sits in the Oval Office so there is danger that he will listen to many people who will try to push him towards more restrictions on hot button social issues like abortion it hasn't happened yet but it's only been a little over 100 days.

When I criticize political parties or candidates, I am not criticizing you. If I criticize you, there will be no doubt in your mind as to what I am saying.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +308/-114
  • MIGHT DOES NOT MAKE RIGHT
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2017, 07:49:02 AM »

Trump does it on purpose, while eh! just doesn't seem to get that we can't read his mind and that hints to his meaning are insufficient.

But a comparison to me that's spot on.  Pfft!
Please don't use my post to carry on your grudge match.

Please be fair.  Thanks.

In regards to politics Democrats need to counter this argument that a large amount of counties, in 1 state over 90 Ohio I think it was, does not have one single insurance provider. 

If true, I assume it is because I've heard no counter argument, is a major concern. 

I have no doubt it's related to Republican obstruction from governors but still this is a big problem.   NO INSURANCE PROVIDERS PEOPLE.   

What is the Democratic party going to offer them?
MY POSTS CAN TAKE DAYS FOR APPROVAL.....

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1130/-38
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2017, 08:19:09 AM »
I'm just basing that on the past 69 years of his life vs the very recent development with no explanation as to why he suddenly chose to identify as a conservative Republican on his most recent run for President. 

I see.  I think a better model is to look at how he's acting now, rather than a few things he said 15 years ago.

I believe you can take the man out of the socially liberal New York jungle but you can't change the man. Maybe he is the type of Zebra who has the ability to change his stripes but with him, it only amounts to a costume change.

Or he's a pathological liar who doesn't believe in anything and says whatever is most convenient to him at the moment.  I think that fits the evidence better.

I am not assigning a negative value to social liberalism.

I didn't take it that way.  I just have not seen anything that would indicate he actually is a social liberal, the videos you provided aside. 

I'm just saying that I do not believe him when he now says he is pro life. However, he IS a shill stuck waaaay out in the deep end of the pool now that he occasionally sits in the Oval Office so there is danger that he will listen to many people who will try to push him towards more restrictions on hot button social issues like abortion it hasn't happened yet but it's only been a little over 100 days.

It happened.  He appointed Gorsuch to the bench.  He could have nominated a moderate judge.  But he didn't.  And the prick is likely to get two more appointments.

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1087/-26
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2017, 08:37:51 AM »
Trump does it on purpose, while eh! just doesn't seem to get that we can't read his mind and that hints to his meaning are insufficient.

Please be fair.  Thanks.
Ahem.  Grudge matches are explicitly against the rules.  Therefore, involving others in them, or asking for a quid pro quo (or even implying one) in exchange for not doing so, is also not allowed.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +469/-9
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2017, 12:24:40 PM »

Please be fair.  Thanks.

I am being fair. I've politely asked you to not use my posts to carry on a personal issue. That's as fair as you could ask for junebug.
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky that created the entire universe and the majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." ~George Carlin

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +308/-114
  • MIGHT DOES NOT MAKE RIGHT
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2017, 07:08:37 AM »
Again what are Democrats going to do about counties losing insurance providers? 

Is that the ACA imploding, or is there something else going on? 
MY POSTS CAN TAKE DAYS FOR APPROVAL.....

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +106/-17
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »
The beginning of the end of Donald Trump's tenure in office -

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!
7:26 AM - 12 May 2017

Donald Trump
Seriously, you guys are the meanest people I have ever met.  I hope you are happy and feel really good about yourself. 

Online velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +329/-17
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2017, 11:50:30 AM »
The beginning of the end of Donald Trump's tenure in office -

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!
7:26 AM - 12 May 2017

Donald Trump

ah yes, and then admitting that he is intentionally interfering in an investigation.

he is certainly addled.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Online stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +58/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2017, 12:50:27 PM »
I really believe Donald when he says Comey wasn't fired to obstruct the Russian investigation. After all Donald admitted in an interview that Comey was a:
"He's a showboat," Trump said. "He's a grandstander."

Donald fired Comey cause he was getting more face time on TV and the internet than he was. See, everyone thinks Donald actions are suspicious but obviously there is very little to this firing.
The Greatest Story Ever Told Was So Wrong

Been Two thousand Years and He Ain't Shown Yet,

We Kept His Seat Warm and The Table Set.

The Greatest Story Ever Told Was So Wrong, So Wrong.

Online velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +329/-17
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2017, 01:28:22 PM »
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2017, 01:49:33 PM »
I really believe Donald when he says Comey wasn't fired to obstruct the Russian investigation. After all Donald admitted in an interview that Comey was a:
"He's a showboat," Trump said. "He's a grandstander."

Donald fired Comey cause he was getting more face time on TV and the internet than he was. See, everyone thinks Donald actions are suspicious but obviously there is very little to this firing.

Could be best explanation yet.
some skepisms,
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Online stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +58/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2017, 02:22:05 PM »
a good opinion piece from the NYT:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/opinion/american-fascism-trump.html

Thanks for that, very precise view of what is happening.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +106/-17
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »
a good opinion piece from the NYT:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/opinion/american-fascism-trump.html

Indeed, and I don't usually ask people to read an article, but this one about Trump is very good, it explains clearly and simply the danger we have now in the oval office -

We overanalyze Trump. He is what he appears to be.
Seriously, you guys are the meanest people I have ever met.  I hope you are happy and feel really good about yourself. 

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2017, 07:06:06 PM »
I'm gonna stick with 64D chess master on the hyperplane.

I don't wanna believe its as obvious as it is obvious.
some skepisms,

Offline wright

• Fellow
  • Darwins +189/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »
Indeed, and I don't usually ask people to read an article, but this one about Trump is very good, it explains clearly and simply the danger we have now in the oval office -

That is a depressingly convincing hypothesis.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1130/-38
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2017, 08:24:17 AM »

Good piece.  I read the WaPo piece linked in there the other day.  Read that one too.

Offline albeto

• Reader
  • Darwins +219/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2017, 02:19:46 PM »
I bumped into an article from The American Thinker that explains Trump's success. What a fantastic illustration of the Forer effect and the ease in which people can be duped:

Donald Trump is suffering from a mental disorder, says [Washington Post op-ed writer] Mr. Will, which doesn't actually appear in the psychiatric manual, but it still makes him mad as a hatter.

What kind of madness affects Trump?

Apparently it's his evasion of grammatical sentences.  It's syntactophobia, maybe, or dyslexia of the intellect.  Or something.

Now, I happen to think that Trump's political jargon is a shrewd way to dodge the murderous hatred of our fair-minded media, the people Mr. Will spends his life with.  We know they examine every syllable emerging from Trump's mouth, ready to draw blood as soon as they can distort and lie about something he says that is perfectly innocent.

Trump has developed an effective way to reach you and me.  We understand his private code, which leaves liberals foaming at the mouth.  They really don't get what he says – because, for one thing, they never listen to conservative talk radio.  About half of American voters have listened to Limbaugh and all the others over decades, on and off, enough to get the basic language.  Trump has to say only half a sentence, and we know how to fill in the rest.

Get this. Trump's inability to carry one a single thought for the time it takes to start and complete a sentence is "shrewd." It's not only a defense against the Liberal Agenda, it's "secret code" for conservatives. And what is that code? Assuming he means what you think he means when he offers an impossibly vague point.

The Forer effect, also called the Barnum effect, is "The Barnum effect, also called the Forer effect, is a common psychological phenomenon whereby individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically to them but that are, in fact, vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people." (wiki)

That's concerning, as support for Trump remains high among those who voted for him. And why wouldn't it be when people assume Trump means what they believe when he speaks?

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +194/-1
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »

Get this. Trump's inability to carry one a single thought for the time it takes to start and complete a sentence is "shrewd." It's not only a defense against the Liberal Agenda, it's "secret code" for conservatives. And what is that code? Assuming he means what you think he means when he offers an impossibly vague point.

The Forer effect, also called the Barnum effect, is "The Barnum effect, also called the Forer effect, is a common psychological phenomenon whereby individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically to them but that are, in fact, vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people." (wiki)

That's concerning, as support for Trump remains high among those who voted for him. And why wouldn't it be when people assume Trump means what they believe when he speaks?

Sounds rather akin to SPAG...

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1130/-38
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2017, 09:03:17 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/www.vox.com/platform/amp/world/2017/5/11/15611346/comey-trump-russia-authoritarianism

On top of it all, he's so insecure, so desperate to be admired, and so fucking stupid, he blabbed classified information to the Russian KGB agents who were visiting him in the Oval Office last week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/trump-russia-classified-information-isis.html?_r=0

This nightmare cannot go on another 4 years.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +294/-34
  • 7.499 billion people chose non violence today.
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2017, 11:01:20 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/www.vox.com/platform/amp/world/2017/5/11/15611346/comey-trump-russia-authoritarianism

On top of it all, he's so insecure, so desperate to be admired, and so fucking stupid, he blabbed classified information to the Russian KGB agents who were visiting him in the Oval Office last week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/trump-russia-classified-information-isis.html?_r=0

This may sound counter intuitive to some people but a thought occurred to me earlier today which I have yet to be able to fully articulate but after reading the New York Times article and taking into consideration everything else this idiot could do to harm humanity, I really think the best course of action, along side of treating him as the joke he is, would be to give him more rope.

However much it takes, just give him enough rope and he will hang himself soon enough.

When I criticize political parties or candidates, I am not criticizing you. If I criticize you, there will be no doubt in your mind as to what I am saying.

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +194/-1
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2017, 06:58:49 AM »

This may sound counter intuitive to some people but a thought occurred to me earlier today which I have yet to be able to fully articulate but after reading the New York Times article and taking into consideration everything else this idiot could do to harm humanity, I really think the best course of action, along side of treating him as the joke he is, would be to give him more rope.

However much it takes, just give him enough rope and he will hang himself soon enough.

As long as it doesn't turn out to be enough rope to take everybody else down with him, that could work...

Online velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +329/-17
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2017, 07:24:41 AM »

this was predicted a long time ago that he would do exactly this.  Sigh. 

Addendum:  I'm guessing this has already been covered.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-thinks-that-exercising-too-much-uses-up-the-bodys-finite-energy/2017/05/12/bb0b9bda-365d-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?utm_term=.eed51b0c786a

precious bodily fluids!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:54:28 AM by velkyn »

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +457/-109
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2017, 04:36:30 PM »
Trump is a biochemist?
some skepisms,

Online stuffin

• Reader
  • Darwins +58/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2017, 01:28:34 PM »
More Trump, from the ghostwriter of "The Art of The Deal"

To survive, I concluded from our conversations, Trump felt compelled to go to war with the world. It was a binary, zero-sum choice for him: You either dominated or you submitted. You either created and exploited fear or you succumbed to it — as he thought his older brother had. This narrow, defensive worldview took hold at a very early age, and it never evolved. “When I look at myself today and I look at myself in the first grade,” he told a recent biographer, “I’m basically the same.” His development essentially ended in early childhood.

Instead, Trump grew up fighting for his life and taking no prisoners. In countless conversations, he made it clear to me that he treated every encounter as a contest he had to win, because the only other option from his perspective was to lose, and that was the equivalent of obliteration. Many of the deals in “The Art of the Deal” were massive failures — among them the casinos he owned and the launch of a league to rival the National Football League — but Trump had me describe each of them as huge successes.

Full Article -->  https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/05/16/i-wrote-the-art-of-the-deal-with-trump-his-self-sabotage-is-rooted-in-his-past/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-posteverything%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.dbaa2da185dd

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +562/-55
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2017, 08:43:27 PM »
I'm just going to point out that if the elections in the USA worked like they were actually democratic (one person=one vote), Drumpf would've never been elected. The fact that the majority of voters didn't want him to be president, and yet he still got elected, is perhaps the best (recent) proof of how fucked up your election system is.[1] Maybe it's time to get that fixed. Preferably before the next election, in case this shit happens again.

On the bright side, seems it's all falling apart from the inside: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/all-the-kings-men/526980/
 1. And just putting this out there: four out of 5 times this has happened in your elections, it's been a Republican who won and a Democrat who lost. How odd. The fifth was some kind of proto-Republican party.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:49:48 PM by One Above All »
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, son of Fire and Light, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1130/-38
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2017, 09:27:53 PM »
I'm just going to point out ...

Fuck off, fuckhead.  It's not your system, so nobody wants to hear your crass opinion of our crappy system. It's not helpful, interesting or insightful.  There is not a goddamn thing we can do about it now.  A constitutional convention to fix it would likely trigger another civil war.  It's the system we're stuck with.

So, to reiterate, fuck off.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1130/-38
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »

That sounds dangerous.  From velkyn's WaPo piece
What Trump craves most deeply is the adulation he has found so fleeting. This goes a long way toward explaining his need for control and why he simply couldn’t abide Comey, who reportedly refused to accede to Trump’s demand for loyalty and whose continuing investigation into Russian interference in the election campaign last year threatens to bring down his presidency. Trump’s need for unquestioning praise and flattery also helps to explain his hostility to democracy and to a free press — both of which thrive on open dissent.
In neurochemical terms, when he feels threatened or thwarted, Trump moves into a fight-or-flight state. His amygdala is triggered, his hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activates, and his prefrontal cortex — the part of the brain that makes us capable of rationality and reflection — shuts down. He reacts rather than reflects, and damn the consequences. This is what makes his access to the nuclear codes so dangerous and frightening.

Online jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1087/-26
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2017, 10:53:05 PM »
Pointing out that the American electoral system is responsible for Trump's election doesn't help matters any, plain and simple.  That fact was obvious when Trump won due to a hundred thousand votes across three states despite coming in behind Hillary Clinton by several million votes nationwide.  Pointing it out now is kind of like rubbing salt in a wound, no matter how sincerely and honestly it was intended.

That being said, I'd prefer to avoid having people butt heads over stuff, especially political stuff which is easy to butt heads over, so I'd appreciate it if people could minimize the flak at other members.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.