Author Topic: "Hello" box not showing up  (Read 250 times)

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +194/-1
"Hello" box not showing up
« on: April 05, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »
For the past week or two, when I open the site, where it used to have a little box greeting me with options to go to unread posts or new replies, there is just empty space.

Is anyone else getting this? It's not a huge deal, since activity here has been pretty slow and I can usually find anything new by just scrolling down, but it was always a convenient start.

Offline jdawg70

• Administrator
  • Darwins +1025/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
Re: "Hello" box not showing up
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:38:54 PM »
For the past week or two, when I open the site, where it used to have a little box greeting me with options to go to unread posts or new replies, there is just empty space.

Is anyone else getting this? It's not a huge deal, since activity here has been pretty slow and I can usually find anything new by just scrolling down, but it was always a convenient start.

Is it the space in the upper left next your avatar that says "Hello jynnan tonnix" presumably?  It's not a box to me but it still does show:
Hello jdawg70
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
<current datetime>

Not sure what's going on if you've got that missing.  Have you tried logging in with a different browser by chance?  What browser do you use?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +194/-1
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 07:11:44 AM »

Is it the space in the upper left next your avatar that says "Hello jynnan tonnix" presumably?  It's not a box to me but it still does show:
Hello jdawg70
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
<current datetime>

Not sure what's going on if you've got that missing.  Have you tried logging in with a different browser by chance?  What browser do you use?

Yes, that's the one. I'm using Chrome, and have been all along. Just tried Explorer to see if that made any difference, but it didn't.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +363/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 07:21:51 AM »
Are you running any special browser security features, plug-ins, incognito mode? I would consider it a website issue if more members were having the issue. Right now I have to think it might be on your end, although I have no idea what it could be.

Online jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +194/-1
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 04:02:07 PM »
No, I'm a very basic computer person, so I don't really play with any extra features. I know there have been other sites here and there where all of a sudden a glitch shows up, and then, a couple of days or weeks later everything is back to normal, but in those cases there are usually at least a few other people experiencing it.

Oddly, at the Atheist Think Tank site, which has exactly the same setup as this, everything works fine.