Author Topic: Allow me to introduce myself. I want to share a discovering with everyone.  (Read 279 times)

Offline GabrielGnosi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Hello, guys.

I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself.

I'm a religious researcher.

I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir, and since I know that due to my proposal I will be attacked by fundamentalist zealots and blind believers, I'm working on building contacts with open minded people who could support me in this enterprise.

I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. The reason why I’m here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas.

I'll later start a discussion about my book. I'm trying to get it published.
Keep in touch if you feel interested. I have plans to give away the book for free in places like this forum.
Thank you!

PS: I've read the RULES and I know about the advertising restrictions. I DID NOT COME HERE TO ADVERTISE NOR TO SELL ANYTHING!

Online velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +300/-17
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Welcome to the forum.  Please do be aware that evidence is requested when you make claims. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Fellow
  • Darwins +308/-14
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
Your book is your baby. Don't be upset when it is slaughtered.
The Foxy Freedom antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +453/-90
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Hi there.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline jdawg70

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1004/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir, and since I know that due to my proposal I will be attacked by fundamentalist zealots and blind believers, I'm working on building contacts with open minded people who could support me in this enterprise.
Welcome to the forum GabrielGnosi.

If your book does not cause a stir, will you be disappointed?

I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist.
Do you ascribe any label to yourself in terms of religion and/or god-belief?

The reason why I’m here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas.
Do you think you could be more specific on what kind of hypocrisy you do not prefer from a believer?  It's just that the word 'hypocrite' is very broad and vague.  You could always just go with "I do prefer an honest person than a hypocritical person," presuming that hypocrisy itself is the issue.  But you did specify it as a 'hypocrite believer', so I'm wondering if there is something more specific you have in mind.

Good luck.  This isn't advice, as I'm ill-suited to provide any in this regards (I've never published a book), but have you explored your options for self-publishing these days?

Keep in touch if you feel interested. I have plans to give away the book for free in places like this forum.
Thank you!

PS: I've read the RULES and I know about the advertising restrictions. I DID NOT COME HERE TO ADVERTISE NOR TO SELL ANYTHING!
That is appreciated.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline CrystalDragon

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +81/-3
  • Proud Whovian
Hi, and welcome to the forum, Gabriel!

Your book sounds interesting, hope it gets published!
Sometimes what is unknown is the most interesting.

"It is always darker right before the light.  Or for some people, it just stays dark, but they don't seem to notice."

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +304/-113
  • MIGHT DOES NOT MAKE RIGHT
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Hello and welcome. 

I would like to read your book.
Words are like weapons, they cut like a knife into your psyche, they can lift you up or tear you down...

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +433/-5
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
Hello, guys.

I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself.

I'm a religious researcher.

I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. The reason why I’m here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas.

Thank you!

Hi Gabe.

We had another Australian person researching his book, called EconomyEarthSpirit. He was hot on the Gospel of Thomas and his interpretation of it. He was also a fan of saying Eusebius (or those people pretending to be Eusebius) faked it all. The trouble was that none of it could really be substantiated, even if it sounded reasonable.

Controversial book writers like to make cases based on piles of maybes. In Christianity, that's all we've got. They erased just about everything except the New Testament, and a few apocrypha that are just as dubious.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be bleedn obvious.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +327/-9
May the peace of the Lord be with you.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +446/-5
I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir...

Can you give a synopsis?  What would be on the back cover, say?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?