Author Topic: Use of icons to insert board code in posts - not on Microsoft Edge Browser  (Read 207 times)

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +290/-1
Can anyone tell me what is missing in Microsoft Edge as it is the only browser I have that can't use the icons to insert board code for quotes etc? It is hardly essential but the use of the icons save time and I'd like to make Edge do it too.

Thanks
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +364/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
So now I have to go login using Edge? Thanks a lot!

I kid...

I'll take a look.

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +364/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
OK - posting from Edge.

This is a quote using icons. - fail

This is an italicized word. - fail

What a piece of garbage, this Edge browser you speak of.

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +364/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
OK - I went into debug mode on Edge, and it appears that Edge is very strict on Object management within web pages. I switched to emulate IE 11 and it works fine.

More research is needed, and I am not an expert on this stuff. So, if you know the manual codes, I think you use them - just a pain in the rear.

8)

Italicized

Underlined

Done in Edge.

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +290/-1
Thanks for the advice. i'm quite happy to just type the stuff but I really thought Edge ought to be able to cope like Chrome / Vivaldi / Opera. Perhaps Microsoft isn't as good  at browsers as it would like to think...
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +364/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Thanks for the advice. i'm quite happy to just type the stuff but I really thought Edge ought to be able to cope like Chrome / Vivaldi / Opera. Perhaps Microsoft isn't as good  at browsers as it would like to think...

I'm a mac user since 1999, so I don't keep up with Windows. However, I thought Edge was a complete rewrite of their flagship browser and thus it should be excellent. I have Windows 10 on a bootcamp drive for school, so I was playing around with Edge and noticed it seems much faster than the older browsers from Microsoft. I tried digging into the "advanced" settings but nothing seems to be helping. I was looking for something related to security, assuming that the rewrite would be less tolerant of sloppy websites. Not much luck so far...

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +290/-1
Yeah, one would have thought the new Edge browser would be great but Chrome and similar seem a lot better. I just think Microsoft i still a bit behind the times though Windows 10 is fine.