Author Topic: Response to video [#84]  (Read 348 times)

Offline DL

Response to video [#84]
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »
you dont understand wat the word death in the bible means most of the time what it means is a spiritual death which means you will go to hell that is what it means most of the time now the other meaning is that when the bible was written that was the law of the land to kill somebody who broke the commandments

it says in deutoronomy do not put your lord god to the test which means dont test him and anyway it says in the bible that all prayers are answered just maybe not in the way that you want it to be answered which means that jesus will appear to you but he could just be a normal man

think about it...

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
Re: Response to video [#84]
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:24:56 AM »
It also says that God will answer any prayer:  "Ask and ye shall receive," not "Ask and ye may receive if the mood strikes me."

And how do you know what the word "death" means in the Bible?  Where is the Scriptural evidence to help you crack the code?  Answer: It doesn't exist.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »
you dont understand wat the word death in the bible means most of the time what it means is a spiritual death which means you will go to hell that is what it means most of the time now the other meaning is that when the bible was written that was the law of the land to kill somebody who broke the commandments
I'm guessing you are referring to questions #3.  I believe the question is referring to the mass genocide committed against the Canaanites, Egyptian males, etc. by god's chosen under the orders of god himself.  

How do I decide who knows when the bible is literal and when the bible is metaphorical or allegorical?  Why should I take your word for it when there are many others who come here who've interpreted the bible differently than you?

it says in deutoronomy do not put your lord god to the test which means dont test him and anyway it says in the bible that all prayers are answered just maybe not in the way that you want it to be answered which means that jesus will appear to you but he could just be a normal man

think about it...
Isn't god put to the test every time a bible thumping preacher on television asks people to come up to the stage to be healed?  Or when a prayer group gets together to pray for a child with leukemia?  Or during a bedtime prayer someone asks god to help him get a better job?  

How would I know it was Jesus?  No one knows what Jesus may have looked like if he existed at all.  Think about it. . .

Thank you for your response to the questions.  Please feel free to join the forum.
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:57:12 AM »
Can you explain to us how you know that your interpretation is the correct one, please?
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote