Author Topic: Just another Shooting in the U.S. The Irony, it Hurts!  (Read 19469 times)

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +308/-38
  • 7.499 billion people chose non violence today.
Re: Just another Shooting in the U.S. The Irony, it Hurts!
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 12:31:09 AM »
It's white privilege at work, again. Along with Christian privilege, of course. The common denominator in these events is skin color. When it is white skin, it is not terrorism, ever.

Except the Irish. When it's the IRA...it's terrorism.

Sometimes. Take that up with Peter King.

I don't get the reference.

In any case, I think it's important that so-called moderate Christians condemn these actions, as well as the actions of Christian extremists abroad. But we hear nothing but platitudes and silence with respect to Christian extremists in our midst or in places like the Central African Republic. Meek and mild, my ass.

It's the same for the extreme Islamist terrorists. Of course there are moderate Christians who condemn these actions. There are even extreme conservative Christians who condemn these actions but no one who hates religion sees that. The Lord's Resistance Army has been soundly condemned by damn near every Christian in the western world[1]. But please, continue to ignore the obvious if it helps your particular narrative.
 1. Kony 2012...surely it wasn't just atheists who supported that movement
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:34:50 AM by Mr. Blackwell »
As a child, I used to cry for myself. Now, I cry for humanity.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +150/-2
  • You know
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 12:50:12 AM »
Have I been gone that long? I thought it was obvious that I was joking. To be clear, I was joking. Also, Peter King is a House Republican that represents Staten Island. You can look it up and go from there.
Nah son...

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +308/-38
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2015, 01:11:26 AM »
Have I been gone that long? I thought it was obvious that I was joking. To be clear, I was joking. Also, Peter King is a House Republican that represents Staten Island. You can look it up and go from there.

Timo, I respect the hell out of you. Always have. You used to be one of my sharpening stones. Don't go soft on me now. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +150/-2
  • You know
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2015, 01:49:23 AM »
It was just a joke based on the fact that these are the sorts of things that are said about Muslims, especially by our fellow atheists. We ought to know that the demand for moderate Muslims to somehow be held responsible for the behavior of extremists is absurd. I think it's easier for us in the West to see that dynamic with respect to Christian extremism. So easy, in fact, that I thought that what I wrote would be seen as an obvious joke. But since it wasn't obvious, let me be clear that I meant this as a joke.

I always say what I mean. But sometimes I'm a sarcastic prick whose tone can't be properly communicated via text.
Nah son...

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +473/-40
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 02:25:45 AM »
I always say what I mean. But sometimes I'm a sarcastic prick whose tone can't be properly communicated via text.

I'm stealing this as my sig for a while, if that's okay.  Love it.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +150/-2
  • You know
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 07:03:38 AM »
All good.
Nah son...

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +308/-38
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 08:07:49 AM »
It was just a joke based on the fact that these are the sorts of things that are said about Muslims, especially by our fellow atheists. We ought to know that the demand for moderate Muslims to somehow be held responsible for the behavior of extremists is absurd. I think it's easier for us in the West to see that dynamic with respect to Christian extremism. So easy, in fact, that I thought that what I wrote would be seen as an obvious joke. But since it wasn't obvious, let me be clear that I meant this as a joke.

I thought that was a strange comment coming from you. Yes, I should have understood it was a jab/joke...my knee jerks sometimes...old war injury  :angel:

Sorry I doubted you, thank you for restoring my faith.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1149/-39
  • We stand on the shoulders of giants
What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.