Author Topic: Jesus loves you! [#2821]  (Read 193 times)

jtk73 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Jesus loves you! [#2821]
« on: September 17, 2014, 07:46:15 PM »
As the title has stated - Jesus loves you.
seafox.com
I took time to read some of your stuff.  Couldn't you return the favour?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Re: Jesus loves you! [#2821]
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 07:59:39 PM »
seafox.com

Prove you took time to read anything on this site with the exception of where to send an email.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:12:50 PM »
Must be something wrong with Jesus then.  I keep hearing that Jesus loves you, me, everybody.  So He loved Hitler, He loves the ISIS people beheading people, He loves the father who killed his 5 children the other day.  What is wrong with Jesus?  He made this mess and still loves all of us?  I think He needs counseling.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +748/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 08:29:03 PM »
I looked. Same old same old. Version #118. Yet another version of christianity, offered up as the One True Religion despite how it differs from other churches and sects.

You didn't inspire me, you didn't comfort me, you didn't scare me, you didn't enlighten me. Nor did you offer any promises that you can keep. You speak as if you know when the most you can actually be doing is guessing. And poorly at that.

If your god happens to be real, its funny that the guy you worship is also the guy that made it necessary for you to offer the site in 18 languages. Its funny that the guy you worship is the one, because of the language thing, that is keeping you from reaching so many, like  those that speak only Swedish or Swahili, Jin or Japanese, Polish or Pashto.

Good luck with this stuff. As with all fruitless efforts, you're going to need it.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:19:25 PM »
seafox.com

No.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »
I looked. Same old same old. Version #118. Yet another version of christianity, offered up as the One True Religion despite how it differs from other churches and sects.

You didn't inspire me, you didn't comfort me, you didn't scare me, you didn't enlighten me. Nor did you offer any promises that you can keep. You speak as if you know when the most you can actually be doing is guessing. And poorly at that.

If your god happens to be real, its funny that the guy you worship is also the guy that made it necessary for you to offer the site in 18 languages. Its funny that the guy you worship is the one, because of the language thing, that is keeping you from reaching so many, like  those that speak only Swedish or Swahili, Jin or Japanese, Polish or Pashto.

Good luck with this stuff. As with all fruitless efforts, you're going to need it.

There's a virus in your computer. Biblegod is corrupting it.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +77/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 10:49:25 PM »
seafox.com

Please understand that I'm being serious, here. I am honestly not mocking you when I say, let your god demonstrate his existence and reveal something only I (and the presumably all-knowing creator of the universe) could know. He could send me an email, make a physical letter appear in front of me, whatever.

Supposedly my immortal soul is at stake here; if that matters to your god, then he should know the specific animal I'm thinking of and the name I gave it. If that information appears before me, in whatever form, before I post this, I'll visit your site.

Time's up.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +748/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »

There's a virus in your computer. Biblegod is corrupting it.

-Nam

Nah, I have an iAthest, by Apple. It doesn't get any stinkin' viruses
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +355/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:29:01 AM »
Please understand that I'm being serious, here. I am honestly not mocking you when I say, let your god demonstrate his existence and reveal something only I (and the presumably all-knowing creator of the universe) could know. He could send me an email, make a physical letter appear in front of me, whatever.

Supposedly my immortal soul is at stake here; if that matters to your god, then he should know the specific animal I'm thinking of and the name I gave it.
You are thinking of a whale named Wright.

I AM WHO AM.

If that information appears before me, in whatever form, before I post this, I'll visit your site.

Time's up.
Come on man, be fair.  I was busy helping a sports team score more points and watching children starve to death.  I can't be everywhere all at once, now can I?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 10:09:16 AM »
Come on man, be fair.  I was busy helping a sports team score more points and watching children starve to death.  I can't be everywhere all at once, now can I?

Have You considered revamping Your business model to polytheism, and subcontracting sports and pediatric teratovoyeurism to other deities?   ;)
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 11:10:50 AM »
Have You considered revamping Your business model to polytheism, and subcontracting sports and pediatric teratovoyeurism to other deities?   ;)

As god is a public entity then surely that would require a robust and open competitive-tendering process weighted to ensure that smaller deities had a chance and to prevent any single god creating a monopoly?
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 12:16:26 PM »

but...i'm an asshole.

seafox.com

Nope.  See above re: asshole
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 02:31:14 PM »
Regarding the page about homosexuality[1]:

Now you may think that I am some type of lunatic spitting out fire and brimstone, but the truth of the matter is: it doesn't make any difference what you think about me. The question is, what do you think about Jesus Christ? Where do you stand with Him? Don't you know that Jesus bled and died on the Cross for your sins? Do you realize that you may be getting away with sin now, but one day you will stand before an holy God in Judgement? And that holy God's name is Jesus Christ.

Here's what I think:

The blood between me and my lesbian sister is much thicker than the blood Jesus supposedly shed for her sins. I want no part of his plan if he is so concerned with what two consenting and loving individuals do in privacy.
 1. http://seafox.com/homos.html
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:33:50 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 09:10:51 PM »

Now you may think that I am some type of lunatic spitting out fire and brimstone, but the truth of the matter is: it doesn't make any difference what you think about me. The question is, what do you think about Jesus Christ? Where do you stand with Him? Don't you know that Jesus bled and died on the Cross for your sins? Do you realize that you may be getting away with sin now, but one day you will stand before an holy God in Judgement? And that holy God's name is Jesus Christ.

Here's what I think:

The blood between me and my lesbian sister is much thicker than the blood Jesus supposedly shed for her sins. I want no part of his plan if he is so concerned with what two consenting and loving individuals do in privacy.

Do they have a page for every single sin listed in the Bible? If not, they're not promoting Jesus -- they're promoting their own stereotypes of others.

-Nam

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +388/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #14 on: Today at 05:40:45 AM »

Here's what I think:

Hey, "Seafox," could you explain why it is that "holy" (when used as an adjective for your god) can be replaced with words like "vicious," "tyrannical," "sadistic," and other synonyms for malevolence, and it still makes sense?  For example:

Do you realize that you may be getting away with sin now, but one day you will stand before an [evil] God in Judgement? And that [vindictive] God's name is Jesus Christ.

I see it all the time.  Whenever somebody like you wants to boast of Yahweh's everlasting fiery concentration camp, they always point to the "fact" that Yahweh is "holy" as the reason he wants to torture billions of people for eternity.

Now you may think that I am some type of lunatic spitting out fire and brimstone, but the truth of the matter is: it doesn't make any difference what you think about me. The question is, what do you think about Jesus Christ? Where do you stand with Him?

Let's reverse this, shall we?  Forget about Jesus for the moment; he's not emailing us, since he's either imaginary or too chickenshit to deliver his threats in person.  You are the one that matters here and now, since you're the one that's here to be communicated with.  Why do you think that the torture of billions of people for eternity is such a wonderful thing?  Would you do it yourself, if Jesus gave you the choice whether to send people to Hell forever, or not?  Or what about a merely mundane fiery torture, like burning a "witch" or a mystic like Giordano Bruno at the stake?  Would you do that as their punishment for getting the wrong answers on your Celestial Quiz?

Do join us, I would love to read your answers.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:45:12 AM »
This isn't middle school. If Jesus loves me, I'd much prefer to here it from him directly.

seafox.com
No. I feel no obligation to "return the favour" by reading your stuff. I wasn't interested in the first place, and after reading Emily's post I see no need to read anything else you've written at seafox.com. I already know I'll find it ... distasteful.

Edit: grammar error, all better now
« Last Edit: Today at 07:47:48 AM by Jag »
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.