Author Topic: Arkansas politician gives adopted daughters to a rapist  (Read 305 times)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1178/-40
  • We stand on the shoulders of giants
Arkansas politician gives adopted daughters to a rapist
« on: March 12, 2015, 07:26:23 AM »
This is a long and sordid story of Arkansas state senator Justin Harris.  He and his wife adopted two abused sisters (six and three) despite everyone involved knowing they were not up to the task.  About a year later, it turns out, they "rehomed" the girls to a guy who raped one of them. The rapist was a guy who worked at a "xian based" day care center they own. 

It turns out, "The Harrises believed the girls were possessed by demons and could communicate telepathically".  yep.  So they kept the six year old in almost complete isolation, monitoring her by video.  They also had an exorcism.

complete links here:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/03/11/1370092/-State-Senator-Justin-Harris-and-Wife-Believed-Adopted-Daughters-Possessed-by-Demons-Had-an-Exorcism

So, when people ask "what's the harm?" there you go.  That's the harm.  The Harrises are a blight on their community.

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +407/-9
Re: Arkansas politician gives adopted daughters to a rapist
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 09:24:46 AM »
So what is the problem?  GOP would like to have slavery back.  That is how it worked.  Get with the new GOP or be left behind.  I wonder if Hertz or Avis could start a "Rent-A-Kid" program.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +640/-134
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
Re: Arkansas politician gives adopted daughters to a rapist
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:30:47 PM »
He's not a State Senator, he's a State Representative. One of the committees he's on is the Public Health, Welfare and Labor. Scary thought.

In 2011 he voted for a bill to permit Biblical instruction in public schools.

I thought exorcisms were a Catholic thing? He's a Baptist.

-Nam
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me