Author Topic: Thank You [#764]  (Read 1213 times)

Offline DL

Thank You [#764]
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:47:27 PM »

Your videos were some of the first ones that really got to me. I used to be christian and I went around on youtube looking at all kinds of videos arguing for and against god, but never really thought about the arguments against religion because instead of really contemplating them I would just try to think up a counterargument, and eventually ended up believing multiple things that were contradictory. Also, they were all mainly arguing about things like the Big Bang and abiogenesis, etc. But your videos really got me to think about things, and led me to atheism.I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks and keep up the good work!

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
Re: Thank You [#764]
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:20:29 PM »
I didn't create any of the videos but I'll just speak for myself.

I'm happy that you escaped the bonds of religious dogma.  I consider it uplifting to be an atheist.  Every time I get the, "Atheists are just angry and depressed" argument I just smile and move on.  :)

You should stop by the forums and register.  It's completely free and we have many types of people here from all different areas of the world and areas of life.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:42:01 AM »
Yes, come register and chat with us!  I'm amazed how many people have sent in thank you emails, especially in the last couple of weeks.  Definitely looks like we are making a difference.  One of this site's videos is the second highest commented video on YouTube of all time, last I checked.

The following link shows this statistic:  http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=md&t=a&c=0&l=&b=0

Over 483,000 comments on this one video!!!  It's even ahead of the Chris Crocker madness!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:43:52 AM by GotMooo »

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 01:52:54 AM »
I too am noticing an odd trend in the amount of "thank you" or "good job" type emails lately.  What gives?  I'm used to hate mail with threats of murder or hell-fire.

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 01:58:50 AM »
Don't despair!  There will be plenty more hate mail for us all to laugh at in disbelief.   ;D

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 02:11:56 AM »
I've just grown kind of fond of being threatened with torture and murder.  Anything out of the ordinary just seems odd.  But as you said, the hate mail will return.  And we'll be here to laugh at it  ;)

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 02:20:23 AM »
I too am noticing an odd trend in the amount of "thank you" or "good job" type emails lately.  What gives?  I'm used to hate mail with threats of murder or hell-fire.

The further humans advance in science and understanding of how things really work, the more foolish these religious zealots look.  At least that is a speculation I have.  In this more modern era, nothing looks more convincing than watching a bunch of holy people kill each other.  It really shows a person who isn't too biased, some really important things about our world.  From what I am seeing, rationality is on a steady increase, it just takes a whole bunch of atrocities and setbacks, but it is happening!  These things don't evolve overnight!