Author Topic: your videos [#766]  (Read 248 times)

Offline DL

your videos [#766]
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:53:15 PM »

Why are all your videos abour christians. Ok i get that you are agnostic ok. But ALL your videos are about christians no other religion. Did a preist molest you when you were little? I ain't a christian but it gets annoying to see fucktards like you always attacking christians. Yeah there religion isn't true but what does it matter to you. You don't have to believe anything so let people believe what they want.

And I have questions for you. How did the universe get created? Where did the gases come from that created the big bang? How can gas rocks etc have always existed where did it all come from? It all had to be created at some point in time who or what did it?

Again i am not a christian but there is some sort of "god" or god mind.

P.S. 911 is a inside job have a nice day

Offline lateralus462

Re: your videos [#766]
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:20:02 PM »
I would assume GII video would go after christianity because it's the most widespread, especially in america and western europe. Islam is quite large as well, but there are many people attacking it as well. Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism are the three biggest religions, and Christianity is the most well known to the english speaking world. I myself have no interest in reading the Koran any more than I desire to read the Bahgavad Gita.

People are allowed to believe what they want, but it doesn't mean other people can't tr to show them their truth. You don't complain about people doing missionary work do you? Also, most Christians (including me, once upon a time) don't even know what their bible actually says, and it's people like GIIVideo who show them what they're missing. When people read the bible, they basically get lulled into a suspension of disbelief, as if they were reading a novel, and they ignore anything that sounds barbaric because "it was a long time ago" as if that made it less wrong.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:36:03 PM »
Why are all your videos abour christians. Ok i get that you are agnostic ok. But ALL your videos are about christians no other religion.

Let's try to put this old hang-up to rest shall we?

1.) The creator of the videos lives in America
2.) Most of the member of this website live in America or the U.K.
3.) The majority religion of America, and for the sake of argument, the world, is Christianity
4.) Most of the members here are most exposed to Christianity
5.) Therefore, more members are exposed to Christianity, which makes it more familiar, which means we talk about it more.

That's why the videos and this site mostly talk about Christianity.  Simple location of the population.

Yeah there religion isn't true but what does it matter to you. You don't have to believe anything so let people believe what they want.

And what makes your particular religion and your particular god or set of gods more believable than the Christian god?  And how can you prove that your god(s) exist while disproving that their god doesn't exist?  Using the same method you would use to disprove their god I could just as easily disprove your god(s).

In my view, all religions are delusional and non-sensical.

How did the universe get created? Where did the gases come from that created the big bang? How can gas rocks etc have always existed where did it all come from? It all had to be created at some point in time who or what did it?

I can only speak of what I know and what is currently known to science.  We honestly don't know where the matter that makes up our universe came from.  We know that from the Law of Conservation of Mass all matter that exists now has always existed.

Our current universe was formed from the rapid expansion of space-time more commonly known as "The Big Bang."  We have no idea how many universes came before us or how many will come after ours.  Mathematicians and scientists speculate that many universes came before us and many will come after us in a sort of expansion, crunch, expansion, crunch scale.

The Big Bang was a singularity comprising of all the matter in space-time.  It makes absolutely no sense to say, "before the big bang" or "outside the big bang" because the big bang was everything.  There existed nothing outside of that singularity before the expansion.

Again i am not a christian but there is some sort of "god" or god mind.

That's an assumption you make because in your mind you *want* there to be a god.  There *has* to be a god because you *want* there to be a god.

P.S. 911 is a inside job have a nice day

(Facepalm) <--- I really wish we had this emoticon here
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 02:05:38 AM »
And I have questions for you. How did the universe get created? Where did the gases come from that created the big bang? How can gas rocks etc have always existed where did it all come from? It all had to be created at some point in time who or what did it?

The Gap God Argument.  Anything you don't understand, GodDidIt!  Why bother thinking and learning when God is the cause of everything... Oh wait... What?