Author Topic: "God Is Imaginary" Campaign  (Read 653 times)

Offline JII

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
"God Is Imaginary" Campaign
« on: December 01, 2008, 05:54:55 AM »
How can the current, socially unacceptable message that "God is Imaginary", compete with the current, socially acceptable message "People that don't believe in Jesus Christ's divinity are going to spend an eternity in Hell!"? This latter message, can be found somewhere on America's "public" AM radio dial, 24/7, and that is not an exaggeration. It is a long way off before the equivalent "God is Imaginary"  message, will be given an equal footing in that "public", freedom of speech arena.

The Why Won't God Heal Amputees, and God is Imaginary sites, have great suggestions for "spreading the word", but I would like to propose another idea.

The one big negative, up front, is the litter potential (by angry "mythologists" >:().

Here's the idea...

Produce a printable page of say 24 1-1/2"x1-1/2" "God is Imaginary", "Jesus is Imaginary", or both, easy to remove (cling-on), clear window decals. They could be slapped on to any suitable surface (teacher's dry erase board), or, if "reverse imaged"... car windshields.

With printable "templates" and instructions on the internet, interested "campaigners" could purchase these printable decals, and away they could go.

As I stated, this could present some problems - potential for litter, and potential for altercations with superstitious recipients, chief among them. Decal "planters" would have to be very sneaky indeed - "sneaky" like the revolutionists, during the American Revolution, that distributed Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" pamphlet. There is, afterall, no doubt that those revolutionists had to "plant" those pamphlets anonymously, and with great haste.

Thoughts, criticisms?

Offline Idioteque

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: "God Is Imaginary" Campaign
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 10:04:01 AM »
I feel like slapping stickers onto things will just bring ridicule and be looked down upon. Think of people slapping "Jesus is Lord" stickers all over things. To be blunt, I feel like it's just annoying. Unfortunately, it's hard to get out the message through other means, but I don't think we need to add temporary graffiti to everything.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there

Offline Vital

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "...an atheist in the foxhole of life."
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:37:02 AM »
We could get a bunch of these.......

and stick them in every bible you see.  Book stores, Church's, hotels, etc.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:40:39 AM by Vital »
...Christopher Hitchens wrote; "Forgotten were the elementary rules of logic, that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and that what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

Offline Vital

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "...an atheist in the foxhole of life."
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 07:16:40 AM »
well why not just do flyer's?  Make a Flyer post it and we can all print it from home and go out and put them up?  I see them all the time taped to polls, people handing them out in front of wal-mart, under my wind shield wiper blade when i come out of the mall, taped to walls and buildings, etc.
...Christopher Hitchens wrote; "Forgotten were the elementary rules of logic, that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and that what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

peacepeace

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 07:16:34 AM »
This campaign already has freedom of speech, check out the following it has on the web.

Honestly, people who say "you going to burn in hell" for whatever reason are overstepping their bounds.  Simply put.
However, just because our national foundation principle says we can all have whatever religion we want does not make "God imaginary."
Whoever says otherwise is without solid, realistic, evidence and cannot be take seriously!!

On that note, to all unbelievers of this God of the Bible that gets bashed all the time: You think you have the "right" answers to commonly sought after questions because
you have large numbers and can post and click a few Biblical Scriptures?  Get a life.  Until you understand the purpose of what the Messiah existed for you can never answer the issues
the Messiah already rendered judgment on. 

God is imaginary....come on what a childish game you are toying around with.

To you believers in this God of the Bible who gets bashed all the time:  Why do you constantly argue with people who challenge the things that were set to test all humanity, like diseases, amputees, poverty, corruption, lying, deceiving government, rich money loving peeps preventing anything good from occurring?  Yes, circumstances mentioned and all others not mentioned are opportunities for people, any person, to press into reality and ask, search, knock to find the truth of this universe.  Believers, say what you need to say once and left it alone.

Want to quote me and mock my words?  Go ahead because no answer will satisfy people who show signs of hating what could benefit them. 

People who show signs of labeling good as evil and evil as good based on the actions of "the religious community" who clearly have misrepresented truth... are not worthy to be shown the errors of their ways.

This organization prompts believers to speak up and then mocks their answers. That is not a service to unbelievers who want to connect to something real but a smack in the face.

If you are who you say you are, then handle both sides of the story with integrity.

If you honestly want answers that you will consider ... then prove it.  Show signs of your consideration.  Show signs that you are introspective enough to handle the ugly truth.
Prove it with action not meaningless words that go on and on about every little subject in which both sides are not even presented.

Enough said...we have all heard this sad song sung before...

Last note, there seems to be enough people for every kind of movement in America.  Numbers is not an issue.  However, those who get the right kind of attention of those who are standing up for what is right.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »
education is sometimes painful to watch; why do you believe in god?

Offline RaptorJesus

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Internet Cake Machine
    • The book of 4chan
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 10:54:02 PM »
We could get a bunch of these.......

and stick them in every bible you see.  Book stores, Church's, hotels, etc.

Most epic post here ever ( in the short time i've been here )
Jamie: I understanding these things [SCUBA tanks] have about a million—or actually, it's 1.3 million—pounds of explosive force. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like a lot.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +120/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 02:02:57 AM »

You haven't seen epic till you've done one of the big gay threads that comes around once in a while.
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forum/index.php?topic=7373.msg146951#msg146951
144 pages of rage.  That's epic.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline RaptorJesus

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Internet Cake Machine
    • The book of 4chan
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 02:05:52 AM »

You haven't seen epic till you've done one of the big gay threads that comes around once in a while.
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forum/index.php?topic=7373.msg146951#msg146951
144 pages of rage.  That's epic.

Jamie: I understanding these things [SCUBA tanks] have about a million—or actually, it's 1.3 million—pounds of explosive force. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like a lot.