Author Topic: Rate the Last Film You Saw  (Read 45188 times)

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +431/-5
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
Re: Rate the Last Film You Saw
« Reply #1131 on: April 18, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »
Sing 2016    7/10

Decent feel-good animated animal fantasy singing competition. Unlike Zootopia, there is no plausible reason why they used animals, except not liking to put animated humans to this type of bullshit script.

Kubo and The Two Strings   7.5/10

Stop motion animation that plunders Japanese culture and thus annoys anime fans. The stop motion is done so well it resembles CGI - mostly because they used 3D printers to print out facial variations. It's so soulful at one point, you will be wondering if humans have a soul. Luckily, reading IMDB "hated it" reviews will snap you out of it.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:00:15 AM by Add Homonym »
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be bleedn obvious.

Online Emma286

• Reader
  • Darwins +84/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Rate the Last Film You Saw
« Reply #1132 on: Yesterday at 08:25:48 AM »
Started to watch the new Blair Witch movie over the Easter weekend. Trouble was, I seriously struggled to take a proper interest in it prior to the last half an hour or so of running time. I thought it started off looking pretty predictable/boring and so my attention kept straying away from it until then. However, watching that last half an hour totally changed my first impression. I now really want to watch it (properly) again from the beginning. Though I would have liked for a bit more to have been explained/shown, I did think it was pretty awesome!

Going by what I saw/absorbed, think it deserves at least a 6/10 (though I may well change my mind about that later).
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:28:08 AM by Emma286 »