Author Topic: China Announces It’s Inventing Christianity With Chinese Characteristics  (Read 96 times)

Online Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +54/-0
  • IXNAY
This should be fun to watch...

Chinese government officials announced Thursday that they plan to create a new state-sanctioned version of Christian theology, the latest in an uptick of attempts by the government to curtail the growing influence of religion in Chinese culture...

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/08/07/3468637/china-own-belief-system/
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Interesting. Yet another flavor of Christianity, this one with the sanction of a pretty repressive state.

I did wonder about one thing. According to the article, there are already Catholic and Protestant denominations that have official  approval in China. So why this announcement about creating another? Is this an attempt to merge all Chinese Christian sects into a single state-sanctioned faith?
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
What about Muslims. 2% of China is Muslim. That's around 27.3 million people.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.