Author Topic: Your site. [#2817]  (Read 463 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Your site. [#2817]
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:33:02 PM »
Your site says that "God is imaginary"? Here's what I want to know.

How come all these years when I pray for something that is specific? It happens?

Also watch these peoples experiences and tell me how or why God doesn't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nqOjQpzIFg&list=FLcv4zGa4GjQBBeWmlW-CpPw&index=11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdUGoFTfP7w

You could say that these are hallucinations or coincidences. But how can you say that for all of these people? Especially the child one. How did he see his dead sister when he didn't even know she existed? You have to ask yourself these questions.

How is it possible to see something that did happen when you never knew about it in the first place?...

Please do reply.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Your site. [#2817]
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 08:40:32 PM »
Praying for something specific that's fairly common, like, say, finding your misplaced keys, or finding money on the street, or catching a bus on time, is irrelevant. Try praying for something useful to society like curing cancer overnight. If every single cancer patient was cured overnight by your prayer, I'd become a believer. Or is that too much for your god?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 08:59:33 PM »

How come all these years when I pray for something that is specific? It happens?

Well, for anyone to answer this question you'd need to be as specific as you possible can for us.

Please join.

Here's a short list of things that need to be known for how your "prayers" got answered:

1) We need to know what you prayed for. Please be as specific as possible.
2) We need to know how long it took for these prayers to be answered.
3) We need to know what steps you (other than prayer) you took before, during, and/or after you prayed that would relate to how it would seem your prayers were answers, and not something that is just a coincidence.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:06:53 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 09:23:30 PM »
We would also know what your praying for ahead of time, and we'd have to figure out a way for you to prove that your prayers were answered.

Like OAA said, if folks were getting their prayers answered all the time, I'd be a believer too. I've seen many pray for things they never got, and I've seen a few claim that some minor nice thing was exactly what they were praying for, but none of my amputee friends have gotten their limbs back, and many a christian friend has died of cancer and heart disease and other ailments over the years. So I sort of need something more than an anonymous claim to change my mind.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 02:32:38 AM »
Praying for something specific that's fairly common, like, say, finding your misplaced keys, or finding money on the street, or catching a bus on time, is irrelevant. Try praying for something useful to society like curing cancer overnight. If every single cancer patient was cured overnight by your prayer, I'd become a believer. Or is that too much for your god?

Did I ever say that's not what I pray for? I pray for things like that. >.<

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 02:33:36 AM »

Well, for anyone to answer this question you'd need to be as specific as you possible can for us.

Please join.

Here's a short list of things that need to be known for how your "prayers" got answered:

3) We need to know what steps you (other than prayer) you took before, during, and/or after you prayed that would relate to how it would seem your prayers were answers, and not something that is just a coincidence.

My gosh you guys are like a cult. Are you guys satanists or something?

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 02:35:05 AM »
We would also know what your praying for ahead of time, and we'd have to figure out a way for you to prove that your prayers were answered.

Like OAA said, if folks were getting their prayers answered all the time, I'd be a believer too. I've seen many pray for things they never got, and I've seen a few claim that some minor nice thing was exactly what they were praying for, but none of my amputee friends have gotten their limbs back, and many a christian friend has died of cancer and heart disease and other ailments over the years. So I sort of need something more than an anonymous claim to change my mind.

Did you watch the vidoes?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 02:36:48 AM »

I'll assume you were referring to the cancer healing thing, since the other, like I said, is irrelevant.
Amazing how it has never happened. Ever. In spite of millions of christians praying for the same thing. Guess the Bible can't be trusted when Jesus said that, if any two people on Earth agreed on something, it would be done.

Reported for dodging. Reply to Emily's point.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 03:17:33 AM »

I'll assume you were referring to the cancer healing thing, since the other, like I said, is irrelevant.
Amazing how it has never happened. Ever. In spite of millions of christians praying for the same thing. Guess the Bible can't be trusted when Jesus said that, if any two people on Earth agreed on something, it would be done.

Reported for dodging. Reply to Emily's point.

Again. You don't seem to really get God. God has a plan for all, he might not heal all of the sick. But he heals people indeed. But you have to remember that God has a plan for all, for each individual person. Perhaps he let them get sick so they can be eventually healed and be stronger than ever or it's to show others a specific  thing. It could be anything really. To give out a message, to help the specific person with something, to teach them something, to show them something. God knows the outcome of everything.

Another thing is that this world is not going to be here forever. God made a promise to heal everyone ans everything and even make them perfect once they're saved. It's all to you whether you want that or not. Another thing is for those who live for God. Their time here is only temporary, they have a mission from God and do what they need to do to get that message out.

Also, how would you ever get God and his plans if you aren't him? Since God is God and can see the outcome of everything, how would you ever get his ways? Looking at it negatively won't help. You just have to trust God into what he's doing because there is always a good outcome. And I'm sorry, you reported me for dodging? Isn't reporting me for such a little thing kind of low? I don't know what I dodged but can you please get real?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 03:21:57 AM »
Again. You don't seem to really get God. God has a plan for all, he might not heal all of the sick. But he heals people indeed. But you have to remember that God has a plan for all, for each individual person. Perhaps he let them get sick so they can be eventually healed and be stronger than ever or it's to show others a specific  thing. It could be anything really. To give out a message, to help the specific person with something, to teach them something, to show them something. God knows the outcome of everything.

Another thing is that this world is not going to be here forever. God made a promise to heal everyone ans everything and even make them perfect once they're saved. It's all to you whether you want that or not. Another thing is for those who live for God. Their time here is only temporary, they have a mission from God and do what they need to do to get that message out.

Also, how would you ever get God and his plans if you aren't him? Since God is God and can see the outcome of everything, how would you ever get his ways? Looking at it negatively won't help. You just have to trust God into what he's doing because there is always a good outcome. And I'm sorry, you reported me for dodging? Isn't reporting me for such a little thing kind of low? I don't know what I dodged but can you please get real?

You know, I don't usually smite newbies, but I will do so in a second. You think babies born with Harlequin-type ichthyosis[1], for example, are being given "a message"? You think it makes them "strong"? They're babies. Babies don't deserve Scratch that, nobody deserves to be born with a disease where they're in constant pain because their skin is too dry and too tight for their bodies. Skin that rips open if not constantly hydrated, but will rip open regardless during growth and basic movement.
You are as disgusting and hate-filled as your religion.
 1. Google at your own peril, assuming you are capable of empathy.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:33:46 AM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 04:03:14 AM »
And I'm sorry, you reported me for dodging? Isn't reporting me for such a little thing kind of low? I don't know what I dodged but can you please get real?

You were politely and calmly asked 3 reasonable questions by Emily to which you ignored and instead accused everyone here of being like a cult and baselessly asked if we are satanists.  Your reply was an attempt to insult instead of answering the 3 questions which is called dodging.

Your attempted insult fell flat though since it only revealed your ignorance.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +76/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 07:05:44 AM »
Again. You don't seem to really get God. God has a plan for all

Then what good prayer? Can prayer change your god's plan?
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 08:12:46 AM »

You know, I don't usually smite newbies, but I will do so in a second. You think babies born with Harlequin-type ichthyosis[1], for example, are being given "a message"? You think it makes them "strong"? They're babies. Babies don't deserve Scratch that, nobody deserves to be born with a disease where they're in constant pain because their skin is too dry and too tight for their bodies. Skin that rips open if not constantly hydrated, but will rip open regardless during growth and basic movement.
You are as disgusting and hate-filled as your religion.
 1. Google at your own peril, assuming you are capable of empathy.

Hey. I just wanted to tell you that you're not God : )
And ur gunna burn in hell~ see ya XDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 08:15:56 AM »

Too true. I am not the false god you worship. I am none other than the One Above All, supreme ruler of the multiverse and creator of everything in existence.

No such place for me to burn in. However, if there were, fire and I have a loving relationship. It wouldn't hurt me. ;)
We choose our own gods.

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +454/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 08:58:25 AM »

Does the thought of other people suffering in agony for eternity really make you that happy?  What a vicious and malevolent person you must be!

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. ... If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

--1 John 4:7-8, 20-21, NASB (bold emphasis added).

In the supremely unlikely event that there should turn out to be a Hell, I'll make sure to save you a seat.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 09:32:54 AM »

Wow, that only took slightly more than 6 hours. What a delightful new member.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 10:36:43 AM »

Did you watch the vidoes?

It'll be a cold day in hell when I believe everything I see in a video.

If prayers are being answered, it is at such a low rate that they are statistically insignificant. Which means that's about how important the involved god is.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 12:18:58 PM »

I just wanted to tell you that I'm disappointed you ran away before I could tell you direclty that you're an ignorant fuck-up.
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »

You know what is really messed up is how twisted and hateful you are to laugh that someone is going to burn in hell.

You may want to seek some psychiatric help.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »

Please join.

Why would an atheist be a Satanist? And I don't mean LaVeyan Satanism, because that's more of a philosophical point of view[1], and not a theistic point of view.

Along with not believing in God it follows that one would also not believe in Satan either.

Do you have an answer to my questions about these prayers that were "specific, and answered", or no. Feel free to say no, if you want too. I'd rather you say no that to just make something up. Your post;

doesn't answer anything. It doesn't show anything that was "specific that you prayed for". An answer of "god has a plan for everyone" isn't a very convincing answering.
 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »

You call us a cult because one of us asks polite, precise questions? You have a seriously skewed view of reality.

Unless you show some evidence of actually wanting to engage in discussion soon, it'll be reasonable to conclude that you're just here to poke at the mean atheists through the bars of the internet and then wander on when the questions get too tough.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +76/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 03:53:53 PM »
My gosh you guys are like a cult.

Definition of cult (n)

Bing Dictionary
cult
[ kult ]

1.religion: a system of religious or spiritual beliefs, especially an informal and transient belief system regarded by others as misguided, unorthodox, extremist, or false, and directed by a charismatic, authoritarian leader
2.religious group: a group of people who share religious or spiritual beliefs, especially beliefs regarded by others as misguided, unorthodox, extremist, or false
3.idolization of somebody or something: an extreme or excessive admiration for a person, philosophy of life, or activity
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »
Bing Dictionary
cult
[ kult ]

1.religion: a system of religious or spiritual beliefs, especially an informal and transient belief system regarded by others as misguided, unorthodox, extremist, or false, and directed by a charismatic, authoritarian leader
2.religious group: a group of people who share religious or spiritual beliefs, especially beliefs regarded by others as misguided, unorthodox, extremist, or false
3.idolization of somebody or something: an extreme or excessive admiration for a person, philosophy of life, or activity

Thanks, Dante. Certainly atheism fits none of those definitions and none of the atheist regulars here have exhibited such behavior that I'm aware of.

GiG, apparently your definition of "cult" is different from the above. What exactly is cult-like in the responses to you so far? Please be specific, or just admit you were exaggerating or mistaken.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius