Author Topic: Sample [#752]  (Read 394 times)

Offline DL

Sample [#752]
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:49:42 PM »
Your video: Prove that Jesus is imaginary in less than 5 minutes

1. Jesus said he would appear to everyone in the second coming, but if he appeared to everyone when they prayed that promise would mean nothing to us!!!

2. He is talking to his disciples his disciples were chosen so if any 2 disciples decide on something then it is granted he is not talking to everyone... if that was referring to everyone this world would in chaos and what would happen when 2people decide something is good and 2 others decide the same thing is bad what would happen then???? Watch a movie Bruce Almighty it demonstrates what I'm talking about!

3. Well I just wanted to match your 3 step and say that this VIDEO IS NOW PROVEN WRONG

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
Re: Sample [#752]
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:22:34 PM »
Well if jebus was talking just to his disciples why was this included in the bible? Fiction.
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline eaterjolly

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I am a theist and I'm here to dispel misconception
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:42:37 PM »
Well if jebus was talking just to his disciples why was this included in the bible? Fiction.
you should read the passage... he said that meaning that they would be the spokes person for God, it actually says that he said unto his disples... that means he said it to his disciples and was refering to his disciples! don't automaticly assume that Jesus is refering to the whole entire world!!!!
I'm back.. I've grown in faith and in dispute for the church, which cares more for itself than God!

I thirst for debate! I bet I can challenge everything thing you say about the faith! I'm only 15 so I can't be on all the time but I'll jump-on once in a while...

Do you accept my challenge?

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:23:46 AM »
For what it's worth, the OP (eaterjolly) sent mail message 751 and 752  (this one);

#751 - http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=2722
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline tomthecool

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »
Your video: Prove that Jesus is imaginary in less than 5 minutes

1. Jesus said he would appear to everyone in the second coming, but if he appeared to everyone when they prayed that promise would mean nothing to us!!!

2. He is talking to his disciples his disciples were chosen so if any 2 disciples decide on something then it is granted he is not talking to everyone... if that was referring to everyone this world would in chaos and what would happen when 2people decide something is good and 2 others decide the same thing is bad what would happen then???? Watch a movie Bruce Almighty it demonstrates what I'm talking about!

3. Well I just wanted to match your 3 step and say that this VIDEO IS NOW PROVEN WRONG

1. Why? Don't just make an unjustified claim, and state it as a fact.

2. I don't really understand what you're saying here, since the sentence isn't structured very well. But I will say this: Do you have any biblical evidence to support your claim?

3. Huh?
Some say I am the cool Tom... others wouldn't.