Author Topic: Beginning of the end!!  (Read 592 times)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
Beginning of the end!!
« on: July 26, 2014, 04:00:21 PM »
Well that's it, we're all doomed now. Dooooooooooomed!

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/07/26/12/35/chinese-river-mysteriously-turns-blood-red?mch=mobilenh&mchpost=pos5

Locals in China's Zhejiang province said that when they woke up the river looked normal, but within an hour it began to run a deep crimson.

Oh no, wait...

Although inspectors from the Wenzhou Environmental Protection Bureau have not pinpointed the cause of the colour change, they suspect illegal dumping in the river could be to blame.

Phew, that was a close one. There's nothing like waking up to an apocalyptic river of blood to really put the fear of Zeus into ya!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
Re: Beginning of the end!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:05:51 PM »
But but but...the Chinese don't believe in the Christian god. Or any gods as far as I know...at least...not on a wide scale level...they are also the industrial capital of the world, so why would they be freaked out by something like this?

Hold on....let me read the story you linked.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »
Okay...I just read the whole story you provided.

Whoever wrote it and whoever approved that story...they are twits. Religion should have never been brought into it. They don't even bother to tell us which river it was. Holy crap what a pathetic piece of shit journalism that is.

I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »
Oh I agree entirely, it was a journalistic piece of crap. But it did give me a good excuse to use the Bender "DOOOOOOOOOMED!!" JPEG.

;D

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 04:20:03 PM »
Oh I agree entirely, it was a journalistic piece of crap. But it did give me a good excuse to use the Bender "DOOOOOOOOOMED!!" JPEG.

;D

well...okay then!

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 07:49:20 PM »
Here on the west coast we just had an algae bloom that turned an inlet RED..... science easily explained it,crisis over.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +46/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »
what about the blood moons that occurred a several months back, the JW's got wet over that one.

a sign, a sign....HOOORAH, the world is going to end.

dam it, still here, another sign...please?
Signature goes here...

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 09:02:11 PM »
My niece was using a red marker to do some colouring in the other day. Obviously yet another sign. So many signs and yet we ignore them all!

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »
I think Nat's trying to entertain herself since most theists here can't be bothered to prove god(s).
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +46/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 11:21:43 PM »
my dog killed and ate a crow that challenged it for a sheep neck, sign?
Signature goes here...

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 11:21:54 PM »
You're probably right... Since there's no theists taking on this topic for me. So you can all just

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +46/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 11:24:39 PM »
you little tease...
Signature goes here...

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 12:28:18 AM »

Y'know one of the first 4 seasons of Futurama has a full 30 minute episode of Hypnotoad. I once got really stoned and watched the whole thing. It was brilliant.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +46/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 01:05:53 AM »
I watch it regularly, have it on a looped file. it is meditation, I like the random homely pics that pop up. I am going to splice in some images of piles of bodies at belsin and some pics of the crucifixion from mel Gibson's movie that come up to quick to know they come up and send it to some friends to watch.
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 01:24:44 AM »
Here on the west coast we just had an algae bloom that turned an inlet RED..... science easily explained it,crisis over.

Perhaps science couldn't exist without God creating it. So science can't be used to disprove God one bit.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 01:46:23 AM »
Science can't disprove Smurfs either ... therefore ... ALL  PRAISE PAPA SMURF and his prophet Peyo!
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +46/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 02:04:13 AM »

Perhaps science couldn't exist without God creating it. So science can't be used to disprove God one bit.

the bible has always been the primary source and goto manual for scientific answers about how stuff works without invoking the supernatural and everything good that happens is god's fault and everything bad is demons. any great leap forward in human understanding of the cosmos and everything in it is not the work of regular people seeking natural explanations for stuff, it is god instructing them and revealing himself to them.

skep shouldn't you first prove god exists before making such claims other than swinging off the nuts of science when it suits you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:06:19 AM by eh! »
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 02:14:52 AM »

the bible has always been the primary source and goto manual for scientific answers about how stuff works without invoking the supernatural and everything good that happens is god's fault and everything bad is demons. any great leap forward in human understanding of the cosmos and everything in it is not the work of regular people seeking natural explanations for stuff, it is god instructing them and revealing himself to them.

skep shouldn't you first prove god exists before making such claims other than swinging off the nuts of science when it suits you.

The Bible describes the water cycle many years before scientists found out about it.
The Bible mentions deep sea vents and life deep in the ocean before scientists discovered it. The brightest minds used to think that there was no life on the ocean floor because the sunlight can't reach the floor.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 05:13:47 AM »
The Bible describes the water cycle many years before scientists found out about it.
The Bible mentions deep sea vents and life deep in the ocean before scientists discovered it.

References please. AND NOT JUST FRIKKIN GOOGLE REFERENCES. I would like biblical references thank you.

And in particular, a reference for the below...

The brightest minds used to think that there was no life on the ocean floor because the sunlight can't reach the floor.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:34:30 AM by natlegend »

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 05:50:42 AM »
I watch it regularly, have it on a looped file. it is meditation, I like the random homely pics that pop up. I am going to splice in some images of piles of bodies at belsin and some pics of the crucifixion from mel Gibson's movie that come up to quick to know they come up and send it to some friends to watch.

Meditative??? You are the only other person I've met who has managed to watch the entire episode.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 12:43:23 PM »

What a fucking stupid statement. If God created science,why has it been dormant for 5000 of the first 6000 years? There have been a handful of scientist(just a handful) that have changed the course of humanity over the last 5 centuries,they had to fight their religious overlords censorship and subversion every step of the way. Now in the 21st century theism can no longer hold science back,lets hope it's not too late
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +49/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 02:59:03 PM »
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Oddly enough, the Bible doesn't mention icebergs.  However, it does say if you mate two solid color sheep in front of a striped pole, you'll get striped lambs as a result.

Brilliant!
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »
So Skep just came in for another one of his fly-bys, made a whole bunch of unsubstantuiated assertations, and then sodded off again. MODERATORS, WHY IS HE CONTINUOUSLY ALLOWED TO DO THIS???

The Bible mentions deep sea vents and life deep in the ocean before scientists discovered it.

References please. AND NOT JUST FRIKKIN GOOGLE REFERENCES. I would like biblical references thank you.

The brightest minds used to think that there was no life on the ocean floor because the sunlight can't reach the floor.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 11:30:54 PM »
So Skep just came in for another one of his fly-bys, made a whole bunch of unsubstantuiated assertations, and then sodded off again. MODERATORS, WHY IS HE CONTINUOUSLY ALLOWED TO DO THIS???

Sorry. I have been busy lately. I am not flying by and vanishing. I always return.

Job 36: 27-28 for water cycle

and

Job 38: 16 for springs on the ocean floor. There's no possible way Job could have known that. It wasn't discovered until recently.

Here's a full fascinating link:
http://www.creationists.org/scientific-foreknowledge-in-the-bible.html

One that I find remarkable is genesis 17:12. It is the 2nd one under "Medical" on that page. That should definitely raise an atheist's eyebrow.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:34:15 PM by skeptic54768 »

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 11:59:34 PM »
So when they said the stars were hanging from the "dome" and blankets brought the darkness were they just stupid or speaking in metaphors

Job 9 where he talks about shaking the pillars of the earth,the moon having its own light source,calling the stars by name(each one),,,,, you can't ignore the crap that comes along with the few things that are correct,probably by guess or fluke more than knowledge.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 01:55:31 AM »

"However, the nature of the deep ocean remained an unrevealed mystery until the mid-19th century. Scientists and artists alike imagined the deep sea as a lifeless soup of placid water."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-sea_exploration#History

It makes sense. Sunlight can't penetrate all the way to the bottom of the ocean, and life depends on the sun, so why not assume life can't exist in total darkness?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 02:04:51 AM »

"However, the nature of the deep ocean remained an unrevealed mystery until the mid-19th century. Scientists and artists alike imagined the deep sea as a lifeless soup of placid water."

The source at the end of that paragraph links to a website that doesn't actually say that. In addition, the source for the website itself is Wikipedia. Try using something better.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 04:50:15 AM »
Job 36: 27-28 for water cycle

WTF does
He draws up the drops of water,
    which distill as rain to the streams[a];
    the clouds pour down their moisture
    and abundant showers fall on mankind.

have to do with water cycles? This guy is obviously just sticking a bucket out when it rains to get the water. No science there! The word 'retarded' keeps bouncing around in my head.

Job 38:16 reads as
    Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
    or walked in the recesses of the deep?

Please explain how you have interpreted this to mean that no one thought there was life on the floor of the ocean? Because I'm reading that as "Hey dude, ever go for a walk in REALLY DEEP water?" "Nah mate, you'd just drown."

genesis 17:12
For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring.

WTactualF dude, I mean seriously, What. The. Actual. Fuck???

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 04:54:39 AM »

It makes sense. Sunlight can't penetrate all the way to the bottom of the ocean, and life depends on the sun, so why not assume life can't exist in total darkness?

*sigh*
Please cite the biblical reference where it states that there is indeed life in the deepest parts of the ocean. And don't just give chapter and verse, I'm getting sick of having to look it all up on an online bible.

Also, who are these 'brightest minds' you speak of?