Author Topic: french translation [#746]  (Read 1144 times)

Offline DL

french translation [#746]
« on: November 29, 2008, 02:31:17 PM »
Hi,

Congratulations for your enlightening web site. Since the earliest years of my life I am
a non-believer. I don't understand how so many otherwise intelligent and logical persons
can turn their brains to off when it comes to magic and wish-thinking. How rationality
and  magic can co-exist at the same time in ones brain. I think it must come from
parental influence and anxiety about living and especially the fear of death.  For years
I felt alone in my disbelief. I  read about religion  and talked to believers,  thinking
I was missing out on something they possessed. But the more I read and think and listen,
the more I become trustful about my sceptical nature. Your book on your website as been a
great relief for me knowing that I am not alone. It is expressing my thoughts with words
I could hardly put together in a more convincing and efficient way.

I would like to know if your website is translated in french. Being a french canadian
myself, I have friends who could benefit to read your book but their english isn't good
enough.

Thank you,
[name]

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: french translation [#746]
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »
That's great to hear!  http://translate.google.com/translate?u=whywontgodhealamputees.com&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=en&tl=fr  The preceding link shows the site in french.  I'm not sure of it's accuracy, but it looks good to me!   ;D

The Google Translator is located here:  http://www.translate.google.com

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 05:31:12 AM »
Off hand, I don't know a good French version of something like this web site.  There have been requests for translations of the videos into a few different languages, but I don't think that has happened.

I think the languages people have expressed interest in are French, German, Spanish, and Chinese.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the old messages and I'm not an administrator.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 07:31:48 AM »
Si vos amis ont des questions, ils peuvent venir au forum. Nous avons plusieurs contributeurs francophones, comme moi.

Vous êtes Quebecois?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +543/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:31:13 AM »

wellWell iI am also a french French translator and i I do so much of a lot of files file translation translating so we can help you betterly better i I hope you will like our services service.

I see you are based in Pakistan - a country not previously known for its French scholars. As you see, your translation is perhaps the worst we have ever seen. It would be extremely difficult to cram in any more mistakes.

If you are translating for money, I think the police should become involved as this is a complete swindle. As it is, we would have to be deluded to even consider you.

I hope this reply helps and that you managed to understand some of it. You can hire my services for $200 a day + expenses by PMing me.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:49:16 AM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 05:28:35 PM »
I see you {Meham} are based in Pakistan - a country not previously known for its French scholars. As you see, your translation is perhaps the worst we have ever seen. It would be extremely difficult to cram in any more mistakes.
I concur, Graybeard -- That "translation" set the bar at a new low.

Je suis née à Montréal, mais je suis anglophone.  Si on veut faire un traduction de WWGHA, je peux assister un peu.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles