Author Topic: Can You Prove My God's Not Real?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Can You Prove My God's Not Real?
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 12:23:55 PM »
Some of you may say... "Hey, wasn't the Christmas Tree part of a pagan holiday?"   Wasn't St. Nick a Catholic?   So if these things stemmed from another religion, how could they be true?

But just as skeptics suggest that the story of Jesus was copied from the Egyptian myth of Horus thousands of years before, it's simply that all of these religions were just foretelling the coming of Santa before he became a god-man on earth.

Just because something was copied from another religion thousands of years earlier, that shouldn't have to make it untrue right?
You can't spell BELIEVE without LIE...  and a few other letters.  B and E and V and I think E.

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +53/-14
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 12:24:28 PM »
Skeptic, the fact that children believe in Santa is evidence that we're born with the innate knowledge of Santa, and it's the Naughty List of the world that strips it away from us over time.

As far as evidence that we all become elves after we die... you just have to follow the logic:

1 - See that tree?  Had to be created.
2 - Big bang had to come from a creator.
3 - Multiple stories say that Santa has magic, and he's good, we know Santa is real because the books say so, and we know the books are true because Santa inspired them.
4 - Since we don't see any evidence for elves being born or getting married, it's logical to assume that the souls of good people who die go to the north pole and become elves... how else could they be there?

Science doesn't know the answer to the spark of life OR how the Big Bang started so, therefore, it HAD to be Santa.

There's your evidence.

Why isn't this good enough for some of you people.

Skeptic... you should really consider opening your heart and your mind to the truth.  Santa's truth is true.   Accept the good news so that we can make toys together for eternity.

OK, where are the near death experiences with people experiencing Santa in the same way they do experience Jesus?

NDE's are a death blow to the atheist which is why they avoid that topic like the plague.

Strangely enough it seems that NDE's are a product of culture and religion in part. 

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »
Skeptic, the fact that children believe in Santa is evidence that we're born with the innate knowledge of Santa, and it's the Naughty List of the world that strips it away from us over time.

As far as evidence that we all become elves after we die... you just have to follow the logic:

3 - Multiple stories say that Santa has magic, and he's good, we know Santa is real because the books say so, and we know the books are true because Santa inspired them.
4 - Since we don't see any evidence for elves being born or getting married, it's logical to assume that the souls of good people who die go to the north pole and become elves... how else could they be there?

Science doesn't know the answer to the spark of life OR how the Big Bang started so, therefore, it HAD to be Santa.

There's your evidence.

Skeptic... you should really consider opening your heart and your mind to the truth.  Santa's truth is true.   Accept the good news so that we can make toys together for eternity.

OK, where are the near death experiences with people experiencing Santa in the same way they do experience Jesus?

NDE's are a death blow to the atheist which is why they avoid that topic like the plague.

Strangely enough it seems that NDE's are a product of culture and religion in part.

I agree epidemic... and as I said before, this is how we can be certain that Santa is the true creator.   Most all near death experiences and even guys blacking out in G-Force machines see a tunnel of white light.

You've heard so many people say, "Go to the light"

Well, this is just the tunnel that takes you up through the ice to the North Pole, and the fact that other religions experience this too, and guys not even dying in G-Force simulators... proves that Santa is trying to send his message out to the world so that they can believe.

I'll be back later to help you guys more, but, for now, that's a WRAP!

Put a BOW on it!

You can't spell BELIEVE without LIE...  and a few other letters.  B and E and V and I think E.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +45/-416
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »
Some of you may say... "Hey, wasn't the Christmas Tree part of a pagan holiday?"   Wasn't St. Nick a Catholic?   So if these things stemmed from another religion, how could they be true?

But just as skeptics suggest that the story of Jesus was copied from the Egyptian myth of Horus thousands of years before, it's simply that all of these religions were just foretelling the coming of Santa before he became a god-man on earth.

Just because something was copied from another religion thousands of years earlier, that shouldn't have to make it untrue right?

Ah, there's the Tu Quoque.

You are basically admitting that BOTH Christianity & Santa are true.

Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2014, 12:32:57 PM »

Ah, there's the Tu Quoque.

You are basically admitting that BOTH Christianity & Santa are true.

We believe Horus and Jesus and Mohammed and Joseph Smith and Xenu the Destroyer were all prophets of the one true god who would come later... it all points to Santa.

Still there are many people who claim to have faith in Santa but really don't.  Those are not true believers.  You will know them by their fruit though... that's how you can tell.

Offline flapdoodle64

• Graduate
  • Darwins +50/-1
    • My Movie Reviews
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 02:14:51 PM »
This is downright foolish because Santa is described in material terms living in a material word at the North Pole!

Santa is tracked by NORAD every Xmas eve, and this is told to us by US news media, which is totally free and independent from coercive forces.  So we know Santa is out there flying.

Yet he is able to come inside the houses of his followers, and be undetected by residents.  Obviously, he has the ability to be silent and invisible when he wishes.

Since Santa possesses the ability to be silent and invisible, he must also be able to make his HQ invisible and silent as well. 

It is little known by laypeople, but scholars of history and geography know that it is unlikely that Robt. Peary even made it to the north pole in 1909:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Peary#Controversy

Therefore, Santa could have had his HQ 'uncloaked' (to use Star Trek terminology) for many years without being detected.  Of course nowadays, since many homes have home security systems, it is obvious that Santa has and uses cloaking technology or, alternatively, magic.

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 02:36:21 PM »
This is downright foolish because Santa is described in material terms living in a material word at the North Pole!

Santa is tracked by NORAD every Xmas eve, and this is told to us by US news media, which is totally free and independent from coercive forces.  So we know Santa is out there flying.

Yet he is able to come inside the houses of his followers, and be undetected by residents.  Obviously, he has the ability to be silent and invisible when he wishes.

Since Santa possesses the ability to be silent and invisible, he must also be able to make his HQ invisible and silent as well. 

It is little known by laypeople, but scholars of history and geography know that it is unlikely that Robt. Peary even made it to the north pole in 1909:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Peary#Controversy

Therefore, Santa could have had his HQ 'uncloaked' (to use Star Trek terminology) for many years without being detected.  Of course nowadays, since many homes have home security systems, it is obvious that Santa has and uses cloaking technology or, alternatively, magic.

Praise be to Santa!  Welcome to the church Flapdoodle!   

There will be more and more obscure, crazy rules coming at you as you become a stronger believer, like, it's not just enough to "be" on the "Nice List" but you have to be on the "Nice List" in your heart.    And if you're on the Naughty list and you get coal in your stocking, it's not ok to burn it on a grill and make a S'more over it as that defeats the will of Santa.

Also Santaology doesn't mind gay people but if you exchange sex toys on Christmas that's Santamy, but we'll cover all that stuff as we do Santa Studies together ever week and you come further and further down the rabbit hole.

OMG... I just blasphemed by saying "rabbit hole".   We don't cotton to belief in the Easter Bunny.

Remeber Flapdoodle, you can tell the real believers from the fake ones by their fruit.

Usually it's mango, sometimes watermellon or strawberry, but NEVER papaya.  NEVER.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:38:27 PM by YRM_DM »

Offline Energized

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +29/-1
  • Enma Ai is GOD!
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 02:39:33 PM »

There's your evidence.

Praise Santa! I believe! You expressed it so succinctly!

Funny. I feel like killing people who don't believe! This is so strange.... should I start killing in his holy name now or shall I wait until I get a message from his disciple at the mall in December?

E.
'O pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
Bringing torment and pain to others.
O damned soul wallowing in your sin.
Perhaps it is time to die?'

~Enma Ai, Jigoku Shoujo

Offline Energized

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +29/-1
  • Enma Ai is GOD!
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »

What do people see when they have a near death experience?

A tunnel of white light... like light coming through... I dunno... SNOW AND ICE MAYBE?!?!

It's a tunnel to the North Pole!

Check and mate!

You owe me a new keyboard - my Coke spewed out my nose at this one!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

E.
'O pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
Bringing torment and pain to others.
O damned soul wallowing in your sin.
Perhaps it is time to die?'

~Enma Ai, Jigoku Shoujo

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 02:47:31 PM »

There's your evidence.

Funny. I feel like killing people who don't believe! This is so strange.... should I start killing in his holy name now or shall I wait until I get a message from his disciple at the mall in December?

E.

No E...

That's a different denomination, we true believers know them as extremists.   They kill and eat papaya, and you shall know them by their fruits.  Stay off the papaya.

One of the ways you can tell belief in Santa is valid though is that we have thousands of denominations all arguing different points about his books because it's unclear to them, even though I've shown here that Santa is perfect and there are no contradictions in any of his books.

That's another proof that he's real.

Some people have asked... "If Santa created everything and he's good and omnipotent and omniscient, and he loves kids, why did he create things like cancer in kids or peanut allergies that kill sweet innocent children?"

And I tell you the answer is because Santa is perfect, so his mistakes would be "perfect mistakes"... like, better than the mistakes you or I could make.  Are you saying you could make a mistake that big?   No.   So therefore we know he's good and perfect and mistake free because his mistakes are perfect in their enormity of stupidity (like creating birth defects).

Mostly though these problems are just due to our own free will and because the original two people got on the naughty list, so Santa was carrying a jar with a bunch of viruses across his workshop and saw the names of the only two people on earth on his naughty list and he got started and tripped and dropped the jar of viruses into the world.

This is all just part of the great mystery and paradox of Ol Saint Nick.

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »
You owe me a new keyboard - my Coke spewed out my nose at this one!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

E.

Just be a good boy this year and ask for a new keyboard for Christmas.   If Santa accidentally sends you a Casio or Yamaha instead of a Dell ergonomic keyboard, it's because his plan for you is to sing his praises.

Remember E...  here comes Santa Claus.   Here comes Santa Claus.

Where from?

Right down Santa Claus Lane!

Another PROOF!   Why would there be a Santa Claus Lane if there was no Santa Claus?

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »
Our theists are in short supply. I think there's only JWB and OCG left. Why is it so few theists want to get involved in the debates on this site?
This isn't a debate.  This is an asinine parody of Christianity, and I see no reason to be the straight man for someone else's asinine parody.

These threads always go the same way, as the thread author can easily use the same techniques as other parodists, conspiracy theorists, and yes, even some religious believers to keep a thread going indefinitely.  I know because I managed to keep an asinine parody thread of creationism afloat for over a year on another forum.
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »
Our theists are in short supply. I think there's only JWB and OCG left. Why is it so few theists want to get involved in the debates on this site?
This isn't a debate.  This is an asinine parody of Christianity, and I see no reason to be the straight man for someone else's asinine parody.

These threads always go the same way, as the thread author can easily use the same techniques as other parodists, conspiracy theorists, and yes, even some religious believers to keep a thread going indefinitely.  I know because I managed to keep an asinine parody thread of creationism afloat for over a year on another forum.

Three questions...

1 - What gave away the parody thing?  Was it when I said "Just consider this a fun mental exercise for comparison sake ok?" in my original post...  or was it that I claim to have started a religion for Santa Claus.   Because I thought there was no way anyone was going to pick up on the joke.   I knew there were smart people on this forum but man, I didn't think someone would get to the bottom of it so quickly as you just did.

2 - You mentioned "some religious believers".  Do you know any religious believers anywhere that don't use some form of one or all of these arguments to justify their belief?   Can you please introduce me?

3 - If the same types of "proofs" can be given that Santa created the universe as Yahweh of Old Testament fame and destruction... then are they really proofs?

I thought the asinine comment was spot-on though.   
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:27:16 PM by YRM_DM »

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +26/-103
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »

Because of the way they're treated.  This site is more of a theist bashing site than an actual discussion or debate forum.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:36:19 PM by Jstwebbrowsing »
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2014, 03:42:59 PM »

Because of the way they're treated.  This site is more of a theist bashing site than an actual discussion or debate forum.

I like you JST.   This whole thread is meant in a light hearted way.  Yes, I'm making fun of the arguments that believers use to prove god...

Look, I laughed at Dane Cook when he joked about an atheist dying, coming back as a tree, getting chopped down by a sweaty lumberjack, and having the bible printed on him.

So just read the thread and see if it'd kill you to laugh a little at the expense of some of these arguments.

Surely you've heard other believers in the wrong religions make these same cases?

I don't know you personally so I can't attack you personally, nor would I be likely to do that.    I'm glad you're here participating.  You guys just get ganged up on because there are no new, compelling arguments for theism, and so many theists ran for the hills.

I know it seems like we are disrespectful to god but, remember to us, it's like joking about the tooth fairy. 

I was a very devout believer for a lot of years so, I'm also making fun of myself.  How do you think I know these arguments so well?

So maybe just read the thread, have a laugh, and think of it as a little bonding moment where we laugh at ourselves.    I'm a sarcastic, asinine fool, but, maybe some of this stuff would just make you chuckle.   You don't have to be convinced by it.

God is good and just right?   So probably he is mature enough to take a joke.   
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:45:42 PM by YRM_DM »

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +26/-103
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2014, 04:22:48 PM »
That may be but I'm answering a serious question with a serious reply.  And I'm talking about more hostile things like calling them psychopaths, liars, inept, morons, chemo brains, and things of that nature.  Not many people, theist or otherwise, are going to needlessly subject themselves to that and we certainly aren't going to earn any browny points for it since our problems here are self-inflicted.  As another example, most Christians wouldn't come to a forum where people talk about God raping Mary, and that in a serious conversation.  Normal people don't come to places where people are intentionally highly offensive to them.

And I do like to laugh, but I don't like to laugh at the expense of others.  That will only hurt people.  I could very easily make fun of atheists and their overused arguments, but I don't.  I don't want to hurt people.  When I hurt others I hurt also.

Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »
And I'm talking about more hostile things like calling them psychopaths, liars, inept, morons, chemo brains, and things of that nature.

If you didn't act like psychopaths, or lie, or if you weren't inept, or if you weren't morons, or if you yourselves didn't claim to be suffering from chemo brain, and so forth, we wouldn't call you those things. I also want to note that I never called you a psychopath; I asked you if you were one, as you were advocating things violent psychopaths advocate and lying pathologically, like a psychopath.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2014, 04:42:15 PM »
That may be but I'm answering a serious question with a serious reply.  And I'm talking about more hostile things like calling them psychopaths, liars, inept, morons, chemo brains, and things of that nature.  Not many people, theist or otherwise, are going to needlessly subject themselves to that and we certainly aren't going to earn any browny points for it since our problems here are self-inflicted.  As another example, most Christians wouldn't come to a forum where people talk about God raping Mary, and that in a serious conversation.  Normal people don't come to places where people are intentionally highly offensive to them.

And I do like to laugh, but I don't like to laugh at the expense of others.  That will only hurt people.  I could very easily make fun of atheists and their overused arguments, but I don't.  I don't want to hurt people.  When I hurt others I hurt also.

I think Atheists don't like that there's sanctioned rape in the Bible... we didn't put it there.   I don't think God coercing Mary qualifies as that... though imagine if a CEO told an employee that he planned to impregnate them, and they were intimidated and afraid to say "no thanks".  Would that be ok?

Some little girl's mother, father, brother and baby sister are all killed by Moses and the invading army right?   She is given two months to grieve, but if one of Mose's soldiers sees the girl and desires her, he can make her his wife and never put her away in divorce.

Suppose you loved your mommy and daddy and brother and sister... would you be sufficiently "over it" in two months to consent to bear the children of one of the soldiers who killed them?

None of us put that stuff in the Bible, but it's there.   I'm NOT taking it out of context.

The arguments "for" god are all exactly like the arguments I'm making for Santa Claus.   Hold them up to the mirror.   

Why can't you make an argument that sounds more reasonable to me than the ones I just made for Santa?

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2014, 04:48:42 PM »
I don't want to hurt people.  When I hurt others I hurt also.

Please take this bit of info to your believing friends then ok?

- If someone has a horribly disabled child, it's hurtful to suggest that it's all part of god's plan, or everything happens for a reason.
- If you think god has blessed you by giving you a pay raise, and praise him for it, what does it say to the person who lost their job and their family fell apart while they tried to get new work and they can't see their own kids anymore?
- If god never gives anyone more than they can handle, why are there suicides?
- If god brings two people together and commands them not to separate in his holy book, why is the divorce rate among theists higher than non-believers?

What I'm saying is this.  People suffer, and making all kinds of excuses for a being who clearly would have the power to help, if he existed and cared, is painful to them.

Instead of jumping to god's defense, why not stop to consider ONLY how that person is feeling?   Don't worry about the cosmic injustice of it all and how to make some excuse for God.

If there is a God at all, his plan is so random and painful and awful that none of us understand it, not you, not anyone... so stop trying.   Just look at the person and how they're hurting and put yourself in their shoes.

And if you hear what I'm saying... if you are not personally guilty of any of that... please pass it on to your believer friends.

And if you want to "fix people" please start with the people in your church.   Maybe get the divorce rate lower than average in your own church before coming down on gay marriage or whatever.

Clean up your own house first.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2014, 07:12:56 PM »

All of these things can be fact checked. If you tell all the parents in the world to not get their children any presents, then every child in the world will wake up and see no presents under the tree. This would prove Santa doesn't exist.

This is why these arguments simply don't work.
who says Santa gives presents to everybody? According to the texts only good girls and boys get presents
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2014, 07:14:15 PM »
who says Santa gives presents to everybody? According to the texts only good girls and boys get presents

skeptic54768 is just angry at Santa. He does believe; he just wants to rebel against Santa Claus so he doesn't have to deal with His rules and judgement.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »
Note that as you said... you can "test" that Santa isn't real by having parents not put toys under the trees.   This is the same way scientific study shows that prayer makes absolutely no difference whatsoever in the outcome of anything...

But Skeptic, Santa can't be tested.  If he was to show up in a scientific test, that would take away people's free will to believe in him, and if you did that, how could he know who to truly put on the nice or naughty list?

So Santa would have to "trick" your scientific study by simply not showing up at all, making it appear as if he didn't exist at all... but this PROVES he exists because he's so smart and tricky.

but you keep shifting your point!

You say that Santa can visit billions of houses in one night, then you say that Santa doesn't really do that and it's the parents giving the presents.

Santa originally visited all the houses in one night, we know this is true because in the Santical Stories, Santa uses flying reindeer, a very fast sleigh, shrinking magic, and a reindeer with a miracle nose to guide his sleigh tonight, but the time of miracles passed away, and now Santa's will is carried out through his followers on earth.

If you watch a really nice gift giving being carried out on Christmas morning, perhaps a mother listens carefully to the wishes of her son, and saves money from her full time job, buys him an X-Box 1 and the new platform edition of Diablo III by Blizzard, the father installs the technology and puts a bow on it, and on Christmas morning, the boy knows who to thank for this blessing.

It's Santa.

Look Skeptic, haven't you ever heard this?

So there's this huge flood one warm Christmas day, and an entire town looks like it's going to be swallowed up by the waters. And the Police and Rescue Agencies are running all over the place trying to get people to safety.

So they send the rescue boat over to this house where a guy's sitting on the roof with the water lapping around his ankles and they say "Come on, quickly, there isn't much time"

To which he says "Nah, it's ok, Santa will Provide, he'll fly to me in his magical miracle sled"

So about an hour later they're zooming past in the boat again and they notice the guy's still there, only the water's up to his waist, almost at the top of the roof.. "Quick" they say, get in the boat, it's going to get worst before it gets better.

"Nah, don't worry - Santa will drop me gifts of a life boat wrapped in paper and ribbon"

An hour after that a rescue helicopter flies over the area and notices the guy, who must be standing on the peak of the roof now, with only his head and shoulders out of the water. "GRAB THE ROPE!" they cry "IT'S YOUR ONLY HOPE!"

"Don't worry" he replies calmly "Santa will send rudolf to guide me out of this flood"

So he gets drowned of course. And he goes to the North Pole to make toys for eternity, and is a little ticked off with Santa for drowing him like that, and expresses his concern saying "I was on the NICE LIST, I BELIEVED in you - and still you didn't help me"

"HELP YOU?!" Santa replies "What MORE did you want - I sent you two boats and a helicopter!"

See Skeptic?   Those things... like a charity spending all the money and doing 100% of the work to give gifts, is really a miracle from Santa.

This is all nonsense. Childish nonsense.
as are all your arguments for BibleGod
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »

skeptic54768 is just angry at Santa. He does believe; he just wants to rebel against Santa Claus so he doesn't have to deal with His rules and judgement.
he clearly only reads the texts that paint Santa in a positive light,and ignores all the negative things.....simple we need to get skeptic to read ALL the texts associated with Santa

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2014, 07:23:39 PM »
What are the logical fallicies?   You asked for evidence, I provided it.

I'll see you in church on Tuesday at 2:27 pm, EST... that's Santa's holy day.  Honor it.

False equivalence, moving the goalposts, false cause, appeal to emotion, special pleading, & begging the question.
this is EVERYTHING you do for your God

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2014, 07:23:55 PM »
he clearly only reads the texts that paint Santa in a positive light,and ignores all the negative things.....simple we need to get skeptic to read ALL the texts associated with Santa

I think you misspelled "YHWH". Santa is Good. He is the standard of Goodness in all of existence. The texts that attempt to portray Santa in a negative light were made up by demons sorry, naughty children who didn't want Santa's gifts.
We choose our own gods.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2014, 07:29:24 PM »

what makes it different from a theist posting what he believes is true? There are plenty of text,songs,poems,pictures,stories about Santa,and like Jesus there is only conjecture and opinion..... And 0 proofs.....the only difference is reality we live in requires no faith

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2014, 07:34:53 PM »

why do you think making fun of Atheists would hurt feelings? Most Atheist arguments are fact based,are reality driven and can be proved wrong as evidence is uncovered that adjusts our view on reality. We can be wrong,and can admit it.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2014, 07:41:43 PM »

There's your evidence.

E.
does Santa,like God require a human sacrifice to fix his mistakes? If so is there a prophecy about it somewhere? Or will we have to wait for the Santa messiah to appear and preach about the all loving Santa/father before we kill him.... Then we can wait 50 or100 years to write new songs and texts about the Santa messiah. Or should we just put it on YouTube for all to see?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +45/-416
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
This is becoming a joke.

If an atheist can't discuss one of the most ongoing debates in the history of the world with seriousness, then I'm afraid there is no hope.

brushing off all the philosophers of the past as jokes is pure arrogance.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)