Author Topic: Trooper filmed 'brutally beating woman on side of California highway'  (Read 159 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Full title: Caught on camera: Trooper filmed 'brutally beating woman on side of California highway' but authorities say it was for her own 'protection'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2680661/Trooper-filmed-beating-woman-head-California-highway.html

Protection... right. If you're not resisting and are already lying on the ground immobile, you're definitely still a danger to yourself and others.

Received by email.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Holy shit scroll down the page photo of a passenger jet taxiing onto a run way in the direct path of another large jet seconds from landing. landing was aborted in emergency procedure.
Signature goes here...

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +551/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
Holy s**t scroll down the page photo of a passenger jet taxiing onto a run way in the direct path of another large jet seconds from landing. landing was aborted in emergency procedure.
I award you the WWGHA Medal of Honor for managing to change the subject and derail the thread immediately after the initial post. This has never before been done: it usually takes 5 posts.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Holy s**t scroll down the page photo of a passenger jet taxiing onto a run way in the direct path of another large jet seconds from landing. landing was aborted in emergency procedure.
I award you the WWGHA Medal of Honor for managing to change the subject and derail the thread immediately after the initial post. This has never before been done: it usually takes 5 posts.

Not for long. You'll know what I mean in a few minutes, maybe less.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Yay i won an award. if only it could have coincided with my thousandth post.
Signature goes here...

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +551/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
Full title: Caught on camera: Trooper filmed 'brutally beating woman on side of California highway' but authorities say it was for her own 'protection'
In the US "Police-Cops!" car-chase videos that we here in the UK see, it is invariably the same story: 8 or 9 cops surround a vehicle with drawn weapons and one smashes the driver's window and 3 of them drag him out by his hair and/or genitals, throw him on the ground and then 4 or 5 more set about "subduing" him whilst "mirandarizing" him.

I like to think that in the UK, a single police officer will speak to the driver thus: "I regret to say sir, that some sort of mistake seems to have occurred. I'm sure I am mistaken but it appears as if this is not your vehicle and you have mistaken the 30mph sign for the unrestricted speed sign."

The gentleman offender will say, "I'm terribly sorry, constable, frankly, I have been somewhat hot-headed. I apologise for any inconvenience. The vehicle is not mine and was taken in youthful high spirits - I will, of course, recompense the owner for fuel and any damage. This has certainly taught me a lesson and I will take any punishment a court may hand down for I fully deserve it. There is no need for the handcuffs, I am coming quietly.

And officer, if you consider the formalities over, may I invite you to a cup of tea that I have with me here in my flask? I have some chocolate biscuits too."

I have a creeping suspicion there might be something atypical about both scenarios.

The treatment of the mentally ill is appalling. In the UK they have no vote, nor can their guardian vote for them and thus politicians ignore them. Many mistakes are made. The trooper seemed frustrated and angry, but cable ties to the wrists and ankles would have solved the problem until an ambulance arrived.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:49:37 AM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +103/-2
  • WWGHA Member
This;

I like to think that in the UK, a single police officer will speak to the driver thus: "I regret to say sir, that some sort of mistake seems to have occurred. I'm sure I am mistaken but it appears as if this is not your vehicle and you have mistaken the 30mph sign for the unrestricted speed sign."

The gentleman offender will say, "I'm terribly sorry, constable, frankly, I have been somewhat hot-headed. I apologise for any inconvenience. The vehicle is not mine and was taken in youthful high spirits - I will, of course, recompense the owner for fuel and any damage. This has certainly taught me a lesson and I will take any punishment a court may hand down for I fully deserve it. There is no need for the handcuffs, I am coming quietly.

And officer, if you consider the formalities over, may I invite you to a cup of tea that I have with me here in my flask? I have some chocolate biscuits too."

reminds me of this