Author Topic: Skeptic54768 please prove to me me why other gods do not exist  (Read 344 times)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
  • I'll bleed for my own 'sins' thank you very much
This should be fairly simple for you Skeptic54768. Please prove to me that Zeus does not exist. Please prove to me that that The Flying Spaghetti monster does not exist. Please probe to me that Isis does not exist. Please prove to me that Allah does not exist.[1]

I have made it easy for you. So often you claim that 'the burden of proof' lies with the atheist, and so in a reciprocal manner, I have provided  the same for you.

Will you rise to the challenge, shift the goalposts, or simply weasel out like we all expect you to?

I bet you choose the latter, like the hypocritical character Skeptic54768 is!
 1. And this one has so many contemporary writing about him!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Re: Skeptic54768 please prove to me me why other gods do not exist
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:35:44 PM »
Me first, I am still waiting for him to prove the existence of Demons
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »
I'm still waiting for him to prove that even his god exists.

Wait in line, bud. :)
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 12:28:28 AM »
Well i am waiting for him to prove if god has one head or three. and i am assuming that god exists.
Signature goes here...

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »
So many unanswered  questions - really shows the caliber of his convictions, doesn't it? Which leads to the following question, WHY IS SKEPTIC54768 STILL ALLOWED TO POST ON THIS FORUM??? He has done nothing but shift goalposts, obfuscate, and downright LIE with a consistency that would make, well, his fictional Jesus blush. Jiminy Cricket, it makes ME blush.

Online Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +219/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 01:17:17 AM »
Who is "me me" in the title. Is this code for the Korean self aware hubot in the Swedish sci-fi Akta Manniskor/Real Humans? I'm only up to the 5th episode, so I don't know how many episodes it will take, before it goes all Caprica, and we get hubots devoted to the one true god.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 01:57:02 AM »
^ Huh????????
Signature goes here...

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 05:20:12 AM »
Skep's put this one in the 'too hard' basket...

*chirping of crickets*

Christians: 0
Atheists: A billion

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 05:23:00 AM »
Skep's put this one in the 'too hard' basket...

...You actually expected him to answer honestly?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 05:45:55 AM »
They did exist but god out duelled them and demoted them to demon status.
Signature goes here...

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 06:09:53 PM »
Really Skep, I am not at all surprised. You claim the high ground, and yet, when things get a little tricky you take the easy option: by not answering at all. Seriously, your version of god must be SO ashamed to have you 'speak' for him. Oh whoops, sorry, I forgot, you DON'T actually speak for your god, it speaks for itself...

*crickets*

TUMBLEWEED

WHY ARE YOU STILL ON THIS FORUM! BEGONE! You are so obvious, a demon sent to test us![1]
 1. Oh man, I am having such a bad day

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 06:50:44 PM »
Are TROLLS a form of Demon now?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »
Demon? Troll? Catholic? JW? I really just can't tell the difference anymore.

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-416
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »
This should be fairly simple for you Skeptic54768. Please prove to me that Zeus does not exist. Please prove to me that that The Flying Spaghetti monster does not exist. Please probe to me that Isis does not exist. Please prove to me that Allah does not exist.[1]

I have made it easy for you. So often you claim that 'the burden of proof' lies with the atheist, and so in a reciprocal manner, I have provided  the same for you.

Will you rise to the challenge, shift the goalposts, or simply weasel out like we all expect you to?

Nobody claims the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real with regularity. Besides, those are all tangible empirical qualities that can be empirically observed. God is intangible and immaterial. The comparison is not a fair comparison.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 09:31:29 PM »
What about the people who have met and spoken to this deity?

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-416
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »

You know that's not true.
You know it's a joke religion invented to mock Christianity.

Don't be so obtuse.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 09:43:20 PM »

You know that's not true.
You know it's a joke religion invented to mock Christianity.

Don't be so obtuse.
i was talking of characters in the Books (OT,NT) who have seen and interacted with your deity

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 03:05:55 AM »
This should be fairly simple for you Skeptic54768. Please prove to me that Zeus does not exist. Please prove to me that that The Flying Spaghetti monster does not exist. Please probe to me that Isis does not exist. Please prove to me that Allah does not exist.

Nobody claims the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real with regularity.

Skeptic, Natlegend named four specific gods.  Fine - lets forget the FSM.  I therefore look forward to your proofs that the three other gods listed do not exist.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Online Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +219/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 03:36:50 AM »
I forgot him a while back, and now I am doomed to be born in a spaghetti-free world, which I long for.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +62/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »
Poor Skeptic... I wish he'd bring more Christian friends to the discussion.   There aren't too many Theists brave enough to weather the storm here, so, Skeptic, I give you credit for that.   It'd be a lot safer and easier for you to wipe the dust from your sandals and treat us like swine, so as not to share the pearls of your good news with us.

It's gotta be especially hard not to have any solid answers.   It's not Skeptic's fault that the answers he can provide aren't solid, it's what he's been hammered with at his church.

For example... there's a prophecy that Christians will be the most hated group right?    But can't you see how going out and telling people that, if they don't change their beliefs, they'll be tortured for eternity, might be offensive?   Can you see how comparing non-believers who don't listen to you to "swine" might be offensive?

Skeptic... I don't hate you.   I don't think you're swine.   I hope you have a great life.  Honestly.

I do hate the excuses that Christian's have to make for god in order to keep up their faith... it's offensive and hurtful.   Can you understand how saying, "Prayers are answered all the time but god can't even hear your prayers if you're not right with him..." might be offensive to a mom who sincerely prayed for a healthy baby and got a baby with infantile spasms instead?   (look it up)

It offends me that Christians seem not to try to have empathy, and the first priority is to excuse god from any blame, rather than to actually care about the person who was dealt a very crappy hand in life through some disease or child with birth defect or cancer or something.

It offends me that Christians are getting divorced after making  a promise to an all powerful being that they think is real and sanctioned their match, often without making any effort to save the relationship, and often with no "good" excuse like abuse or infidelity.
You can't spell BELIEVE without LIE...  and a few other letters.  B and E and V and I think E.

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth

• Freshman
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »
Nat you nailed it.  It seems as simple as this - we were going to be believers of whatever God the Brits and Spaniards brought to the America's in the 1600's, once they defeated the Native Americans.  Had the Native Americans slaughtered them and won the day, we'd believe in their Gods, and Christianity would be a footnote in the United States, much like a religion like Zoroastrianism or Zalmoxianism (I was in a Z mood).  People in the Americas would see Christianity as insane, and scoff at Western Europe (although now, Christianity is finally facing a decline there in the face of evidence).

What's interesting is how off-limits it is in society to publicly question a Christian.  If you do that, you are demonized, even by agnostics or those of other faiths.  Why is that?  Why can't their beliefs be challenged in an open forum without being considered a villain?  I think that's slowly changing.  It's also very telling though - if you truly believe that your God is the right one, why get upset and shut down arguments before they even begin?  You should be welcoming all questions and have great rebuttals that leave no doubt.  Instead, you have anger and hostility and "how dare you question the one true God" responses.  If something is a certainty, shouldn't it be able to hold up to scrutiny?  If it can't, what does it say about your certainty?  I say this not about Christianity alone, but all religious beliefs.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +829/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »
No religious people in the 21st century want to think that their religion survived the test of time through political maneuvering, childhood indoctrination, warfare, slavery and genocide.

They all want to pretend that their faith is the only true one, and the truth rises, magically, like cream, to the top of history. Plus their faith alone is the result of direct supernatural intervention, not just humans doing what humans do.

In order to believe this, they have to ignore some inconvenient facts:

1) Every religious belief coincides quite nicely with a particular geographic location, as if supernatural beings can't climb mountains or cross oceans unless on the back of a human

2) Every religious belief must be taught anew to each generation as if it was just another aspect of culture like language or food preferences

3) Every religious belief is confined to those who have learned about it from other human beings. Gods are remarkably bad at communicating without books, the internet, missionaries, etc.

A child in a Muslim village in Bangladesh does not wake up one day a devout Mormon. A JW child in Little Rock does not come down to breakfast one morning proclaiming the existence of the Hindu pantheon in fluent Sanscrit. If any of these gods actually existed as described, such events would be commonplace.

Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 03:00:17 AM »

Nobody claims the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real with regularity. Besides, those are all tangible empirical qualities that can be empirically observed. God is intangible and immaterial. The comparison is not a fair comparison.

Disappointed, but not surprised. However, there WAS more to my question, which you 'conveniently' dodged: Please prove to me that Zeus does not exist. Please prove to me that Isis does not exist. Please prove to me that Allah does not exist.

Until you can achieve the above, you have no right to ever, EVER try to place the burden of proof at the door of the atheist. Ever, mate.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 03:08:05 AM »
I object to deleting the FSM. that is exclusion on the grounds of .....somethingism.
Signature goes here...

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 03:11:47 AM »
I object to deleting the FSM. that is exclusion on the grounds of .....somethingism.

I am removing the FSM from this debate as it provides too much room for sidetracking.  Far better that Skep focusses on disproving the other gods that natlegend listed.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 03:18:07 AM »
Really you didn't need to justify. you won't go to FSM hell, fear not.
Signature goes here...

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 03:20:54 AM »
Actually skep has forgotten his own refutation, i will give him this one.

all those other gods did exist but god beat them all in a fight and now they are dead. except the ones he released as demons to spice things up here inside the universe.
Signature goes here...

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 03:22:35 AM »

I am removing the FSM from this debate as it provides too much room for sidetracking.  Far better that Skep focusses on disproving the other gods that natlegend listed.

I do understand where you're coming from eh!, however I agree must with Anfauglir's decision to remove the FSM. Praise be His Noodly Goodness, RAmen.[1]
 1. FSM's Noodly Goodness, not Anfauglir's... um... noodly goodness...

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 03:25:08 AM »
Geez lucky i read the footnote. nat you freezing yr angel wings off in tassy?
Signature goes here...