Author Topic: Christianity,run by Demons  (Read 776 times)

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Re: Christianity,run by Demons
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2014, 01:35:50 AM »
Give me the demons,I have asked you to prove demons exist. Your opinion on the Amish matters NOT,please give examples of demons. Stop stalling and prove other Christians who don't buy your "brand" of Christianity are demon inspired and are led by Demons. 
I am getting sick of you skirting around the subject ,prove it or STFU
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2014, 01:46:25 AM »
Give me the demons,I have asked you to prove demons exist. Your opinion on the Amish matters NOT,please give examples of demons. Stop stalling and prove other Christians who don't buy your "brand" of Christianity are demon inspired and are led by Demons. 

I gave the evidence. You didn't agree with it. So, then we agree to disagree and move on.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +32/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2014, 01:51:54 AM »
Your evidence convince anyone but yourself, convince luk even.

you have such low standards.
Signature goes here...

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2014, 07:37:47 AM »
This demons stuff was mostly first three gospels. Even the writer of GJohn knew talks of demon possession was out there. Paul never talked about demons either.

No demons, no gods, no angels. Just the fairies in my closet.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »

I gave the evidence. You didn't agree with it. So, then we agree to disagree and move on.
you did nothing of the sort. There are lots of Demons out there(according to you),so evidence should be abundant.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »
As you have demonstrated Skeptic you have nothing in the way of evidence for your claims, so how can anybody on these forums take you seriously in any way.  I gave you the chance to back up your claim.....and received NOTHING .

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »
Skeptic,what about Catholic exorcisms,are they just bullshit? Or a the Demon herders in the Catholic Church rounding up the stray demons who escaped the Demon stables they are held in?

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2014, 01:49:35 AM »
Skeptic,what about Catholic exorcisms,are they just bullshit? Or a the Demon herders in the Catholic Church rounding up the stray demons who escaped the Demon stables they are held in?

The exorcisms seem a little too "for show." But, I agree demonic possession is very real. Think about Jeffrey Dahmer, John Gacy, Ed Gein.

Demonic possession doesn't mean your head starts spinning 360 degrees while screaming and growling incoherently.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2014, 09:11:53 AM »
GREAT now show me the Demons TROLL

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2014, 09:15:49 AM »

The exorcisms seem a little too "for show." But, I agree demonic possession is very real. Think about Jeffrey Dahmer, John Gacy, Ed Gein.

Demonic possession doesn't mean your head starts spinning 360 degrees while screaming and growling incoherently.
Show me evidence for demons in the names you brought up,the Question was about exorcisms and you gave me mass murders you claim are demon possessed or led,can you supply the proof,or is this just more trolling?

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2014, 11:17:25 AM »

Let me guess. Your concept of demons is a guy with a pointed tail and spikey teeth and black eyes?

On another atheist message board I used to post on, it was an infraction to call someone a troll. It wasn't tolerated.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-11
  • Gods become obsolete all the time.
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2014, 11:49:04 AM »
There must be demons. Shep would not be so confused about other people or about facts if he was not influenced by demons.

Sometimes I get carried away with my posts and just keep on typing.

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not trust every spirit, but test them to see if they are from god, there are many false prophets.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:09:27 PM by Foxy Freedom »
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2014, 12:24:51 PM »

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not trust every spirit, but test them to see if they are from god, there are many false prophets.

Excellent verse! This is how we know the Catholic Church is demon-led.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »

You misspelled "skeptic54768".
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-11
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2014, 12:31:32 PM »

And every other sect of Christianity, right?, .....but I can only help you personally in this discussion, to see your own mistake.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2014, 01:23:23 PM »

That's funny.  They say it's how they know your church is demon-led.  How does one break the tie?  When discussing real things, we go check reality to see whom, if anyone, is right.  When discussing make-believe, how can we tell?

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +174/-6
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »

Let me guess. Your concept of demons is a guy with a pointed tail and spikey teeth and black eyes?

That's a ballsy bit of snark from a guy who's concept of a demon is the pope.

On another atheist message board I used to post on, it was an infraction to call someone a troll. It wasn't tolerated.

Should you choose to quit trolling, people will eventually follow up by no longer referring to you as a toll. You realize, of course, that this raises the question of why you don't post there any longer. Were they perhaps equally intolerant of being trolled as they were of accusations of it?

You know skep, as a good faith gesture you could share a link to the website you speak of, and let us verify your claim for ourselves. Or is even that simple bit of evidence of your claims too much to expect from you?
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 04:48:45 PM »

having never seen a demon,how would I know what a demon looks like? Do you confuse real life demons with television demons? Supply proof of demons when called on your assertions That demons are in all religions you do not agree with or stop posting here as a troll

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +32/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 05:03:23 PM »
In all fairness skep you display troll like behaviour, big claims no evidence, off topic much,change subjects, ignore questions, don't ctritique your own sources, immature outbursts......

these constant patterns lead me to believe your faith is weak and you are dishonest, jmo.
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2014, 01:19:35 AM »

That's funny.  They say it's how they know your church is demon-led.  How does one break the tie?  When discussing real things, we go check reality to see whom, if anyone, is right.  When discussing make-believe, how can we tell?

You probably will not like this answer, but I say to just read the Bible. Even if you don't believe in God, you can still read the bible and say "Wow, none of the stuff the Catholic Church practices is in the Bible."  I mean, it's right there on the pages written in English.

I can understand asking for rock solid proof of demons, but the proof that the Catholic Church is not Christian can easily be proven by reading the bible.

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2014, 01:23:08 AM »
In all fairness skep you display troll like behaviour, big claims no evidence, off topic much,change subjects, ignore questions, don't ctritique your own sources, immature outbursts......

these constant patterns lead me to believe your faith is weak and you are dishonest, jmo.

I'm very sorry you feel that way. It can be very easy to change subjects because I am able to think of rebuttals quickly. I'm not trying to change the subject on purpose, I really feel I have a refutation when I do that and I am sorry if it comes out as me trying to change the subject.

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2014, 01:25:15 AM »
having never seen a demon,how would I know what a demon looks like? Do you confuse real life demons with television demons? Supply proof of demons when called on your assertions That demons are in all religions you do not agree with or stop posting here as a troll

I guess the discussion will have to end if you want "scientific proof" of demons in the same way we can have "scientific proof" of a shark carcass. I can not go out and drag a body and say, "Here's your demon!"

if that's what you want, i can't do it.

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2014, 01:36:48 AM »

You know skep, as a good faith gesture you could share a link to the website you speak of, and let us verify your claim for ourselves. Or is even that simple bit of evidence of your claims too much to expect from you?

I will not do that because I had a different username on that site.

Let's just say that I wasn't too well-liked. They generally treated me the same way you guys do: making jokes about me, laughing, etc. etc. etc. I posted on that site for about 5-6 years before they banned me for life one day. I didn't think I deserved it.

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2014, 09:17:24 AM »

I guess the discussion will have to end if you want "scientific proof" of demons in the same way we can have "scientific proof" of a shark carcass. I can not go out and drag a body and say, "Here's your demon!"

if that's what you want, i can't do it.
You can't provide proof,that's expected,we understand that you are delusional. If you have a certain scripture that convinces you that Demons are real its ok,as I have texts that also convince me that Bigfoot is alive and well,we can share our findings. Physical evidence for Bigfoot exists,to bad there is none for demons

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +320/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2014, 09:32:30 AM »

But does it mean the atrocities committed by Jeffrey Dahmer, John Gacy, and Ed Gein were not their fault; not a result of Dahmer's free will, or Gacy's free will, or Gein's free will - but rather, the result of the demon possessing them's free will?

Or was it Dahmer et al's free will to allow themselves to be demon possessed so that they could...be more evil than their own free will would allow them to be or something?  Or are you telling me these people were actually granted some manner of superpower in exchange for demon possession?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »
You probably will not like this answer, but I say to just read the Bible.

skep, it is not a matter of whether I like the answer you give.  It is a matter of whether the answer you give is actually informative.  Often times I do not like answers, but they are reality and reality is what I have to deal with.  Your answer, however, is not reality.  It does not break the tie.  It does not show how you are right and they are wrong. 

For one, the bible was never intended to be the authority.  Neither jesus H, Paul nor any of the other church founders wanted to fetishize the bible as protestants have.  Sola scriptura was an invention of Luther, nearly 1500 years after jesus H, without any kind of justification.  Not even the bible supports sola scriptura, because there was no bible before the church.

I have made the analogy before, and since you love analogies, the bible is to xianity as the menu is to a restaurant.  It is instructive and supportive and helps communication between the customers and the kitchen.  The menu does not and cannot come before the restaurant.  The restaurant is not beholden to the menu.  The menu serves the restaurant and the customer, not the other way around.

Luther, et al, were and are idolaters, with the bible as their idol.  Heh.  The bible is Mammon, in a way.

Secondly, and more importantly, the bible is not crystal clear and requires a special interpretation.  A perspective.  An agenda.  It is highly susceptible to personal preferences and requires you make choices on how to interpret it.  We call this SPAG.

One may argue just about any side of any theological argument using the bible.  And pretty much every side has done this since the bible was pieced together.  Both sides of slavery used the bible to support their case.  You could use the bible to support the concept of hell as a fiery place of torture or simply as being apart from god.  There are plenty of other examples.   

So it is not that I dislike your answer.  It is that your answer is not actually an answer.  You may think it is.  But if you do, you are mistaken.

Even if you don't believe in God, you can still read the bible and say "Wow, none of the stuff the Catholic Church practices is in the Bible."  I mean, it's right there on the pages written in English.

Even if true, irrelevant.  The bible was not assembled with the goal of it being the final word on anything.  It was not even a completed product until hundreds of years after jesus H was strung up.  And even then, it was not considered immutable or set in stone.  The bible was the product of the church.  As such, the church could and did alter what books it considered canon. Like a restaurant changing the menu.

I can understand asking for rock solid proof of demons, but the proof that the Catholic Church is not Christian can easily be proven by reading the bible.

That is true only if you have already taken on all the assumptions and perspectives of your particular (heretical) cult.  An outsider (or catholic) would think you are delusional.  And from a historical perspective, you claiming the RCC is not xian is ridiculous and plain bigotry.  It and the Eastern church defined xianity for 1400 years.  Protestants are the new kids on the block.  Them claiming to be "the real deal" one and a half millennia after jesus H bit the dust is just laughable.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-11
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »

Let's just say that I wasn't too well-liked. They generally treated me the same way you guys do: making jokes about me, laughing, etc. etc. etc. I posted on that site for about 5-6 years before they banned me for life one day. I didn't think I deserved it.

I think it was their loss that they banned you, and our gain that you are here to give your point of view.

It must have been about the time that you had your experience with the dog, that you joined that site. Why did you choose that site, and what led you to join?

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +174/-6
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »

In other words, no.

Even something as simple as a link to another atheist site with rules against accusing someone of being a troll is beyond your ability to provide, despite claiming it. I don't care what your user name is anywhere skep, I just wanted you to, for once, provide some simple fricking support for one of your claims. This one was so easy, even you could have done it - but instead, it's just more excuses.

You make it absolutely impossible to take anything you say seriously. And ironically, yet another demonstration of trolling behavior on your part.
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »

In other words, no.

Even something as simple as a link to another atheist site with rules against accusing someone of being a troll is beyond your ability to provide, despite claiming it. I don't care what your user name is anywhere skep, I just wanted you to, for once, provide some simple fricking support for one of your claims. This one was so easy, even you could have done it - but instead, it's just more excuses.

You make it absolutely impossible to take anything you say seriously. And ironically, yet another demonstration of trolling behavior on your part.

It is this website:

http://talkfreethought.org/forum.php

it used to be "Internet infidels" before they changed the board name. Back then, it was probably the most popular atheistic forum on the net. There used to be many theists on that site debating before it started fading in popularity.

I was banned when it was internet infidels. I don't know if I can register on this new board, but I haven't tried.