Author Topic: Christians; Why Do Us Atheists Think Your God Doesn't Exist?  (Read 1157 times)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
  • I'll bleed for my own 'sins' thank you very much
Re: Christians; Why Do Us Atheists Think Your God Doesn't Exist?
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2014, 08:35:13 PM »
Hopefully, the jokes are out of the way now.

With that said, nobody refuted my point about China: how they just kill your kid if you have more than one. Human life isn't sacred to them. Human life is the same to them as a bucket of water.

Do you feign ignorance, or do you really actually believe the tripe you spout?

The term "one-child" a misnomer, as the policy allows many exceptions: for example, rural families may have a second child if the first child is a girl or is disabled and ethnic minorities are exempt. Families in which neither parent has siblings are also allowed to have two children. Foreigners living in China and residents of the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau are also exempt from the policy. In 2007, approximately 35.9% of China's population was subject to the one-child restriction. In November 2013, the Chinese government announced that it would further relax the policy by allowing families to have two children if one of the parents is an only child.

Sex-selected abortion, abandonment, and infanticide are illegal in China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy

Skeptic, you are a CLASSIC example of a gullible person who believes the first this he is told. No wonder you follow the tripe that is your stupid 'holy' bible.

Edit: quoting
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:01:42 PM by natlegend »
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-11
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2014, 09:02:36 PM »
China is a good example of setting a bad example by being atheist. They kill your kid if you try to have more than one. Why? Because they can and don't care. Humans are like slugs to them.

But the other countries are more peaceful but China is an example of atheists doing whatever they want. Suppose they all believed in God. They would stop killing people's kids real quick.

So why is China becoming the most powerful economy in the world?

You write as though they made up these laws simply for the pleasure of killing. They made the laws because they do care. They care about over-population and poverty and they are dealing with it very successfully.

Suppose they all believed in your god, the same way you do. Remember, you, that person who said it was good for children to die so they could go to heaven.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »
You are an idiot

An adhominem, I see.

Now, can you please explain why a person reading the Bible in 800 A.D. would care about a prophecy about Abraham Lincoln's date of birth 1,000 years later?
whats the passage? Does it say Abe Lincoln will be born on this date in the future or is it vague shit you interpret that way
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2014, 10:14:46 PM »
Actually if the bible had an appendix with what appeared as gibberish for the most part but each generation decoded as something too advanced at time of writing to be done by man like mathematical formulas that only made sense to a specific generation there would be no doubt that the bible was written by something other than man.
Signature goes here...

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +64/-0
  • I'll bleed for my own 'sins' thank you very much
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2014, 12:56:23 AM »
And of course when the going gets tough[1] the tough get going. Oh how predictable. Why are you still here Skep? Seriously???
 1. Skeptic is proven WRONG
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +59/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2014, 10:37:52 AM »
The question was 'What can we do to find your god?'

Your answer is that we have to make prophesies come true?
How do I do that?

Seeing as how you smited me for that comment, and seeing as how we've shown your 'prophesy' to be nonsense Skep, would you care to reply to the original question or state an unambiguous prophesy from the bible that has come true after the bible was printed?; What can we do to find your god?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:42:52 AM by Ron Jeremy »
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-416
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2014, 08:38:42 PM »

You write as though they made up these laws simply for the pleasure of killing. They made the laws because they do care. They care about over-population and poverty and they are dealing with it very successfully.

Suppose they all believed in your god, the same way you do. Remember, you, that person who said it was good for children to die so they could go to heaven.

It's becoming powerful because we are becoming lazier and lazier and getting away from Biblical Principles. China doesn't follow Biblical Principles. Their pollution is going to be so horrible if trends continue, they will all drop dead. In fact, their pollution is getting so bad that experts think it might circle the globe one day. That is awful.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2014, 09:13:16 PM »

It's becoming powerful because we are becoming lazier and lazier and getting away from Biblical Principles. China doesn't follow Biblical Principles. Their pollution is going to be so horrible if trends continue, they will all drop dead. In fact, their pollution is getting so bad that experts think it might circle the globe one day. That is awful.
what principles are we getting away from,back up the statement ,what principles is China ignoring? The good old American economic system is what China is pursuing,profit and power,is this the principle Your Christian nation is abandoning?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-416
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »
what principles are we getting away from,back up the statement ,what principles is China ignoring? The good old American economic system is what China is pursuing,profit and power,is this the principle Your Christian nation is abandoning?

Before I answer, do you agree or disagree with capitalism?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +824/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2014, 12:31:49 AM »
1) Capitalism is a great economic system: for maximizing profits-- in the short term; for accumulating wealth-- in the short term; for producing high quality and varied consumer products--for those with money to buy them; and for allocating scarce resources efficiently.

2) Capitalism is a terrible economic system: for addressing social inequality; for caring for the environment; for protecting the weak and vulnerable; or for solving any problems that take a very long time to become evident (like slowly deteriorating infrastructure), or whose effects only hurt the weak and vulnerable. There is no money to be made educating poor children, or providing health care to poor elderly folks. Under a pure capitalist model, those things just don't get done.

Unregulated capitalism is what we see in third world countries where a few rich families own all the resources and live in highly guarded compounds to protect them from the vast majority who are impoverished and desperate. Public infrastructure systems (schools, roads, health care, water supply, bridges) are in poor repair, because there is no tax base and the wealthy don't need to use the public infrastructure.[1]

What we find when we look at the world, is that the places with the highest quality of life for most of the population are those countries that have highly regulated capitalism with a strong tax base to rationally address social inequality, environmental issues, and long-term problems. Everyone, rich or poor gets educated; everyone, rich or poor, gets health care.

The jury is still out on China's future, but it is definitely embracing capitalism in a big way. I have taught a few of the first generation of Chinese millionaire kids at my college.
 1. A really blatant example is Brazil in the 1980's. Economic inequality got so bad that thousands of children survived on the street, abandoned by their desperate families. The wealthy few lived in penthouses and took private helicopters from rooftop to rooftop to avoid even having to see the chaos that the cities had become. A group of radical artists painted protest signs on the roofs of the favela tenements so the rich people could not miss seeing them as they flew by.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +59/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2014, 12:34:44 AM »
The question was 'What can we do to find your god?'

Your answer is that we have to make prophesies come true?
How do I do that?

Seeing as how you smited me for that comment, and seeing as how we've shown your 'prophesy' to be nonsense Skep, would you care to reply to the original question or state an unambiguous prophesy from the bible that has come true after the bible was printed?; What can we do to find your god?

Before you answer a new question Skep, how about answering an old one?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +59/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2014, 12:42:38 AM »
China also appears to have a realist view with regards to climate change, they are the world's biggest investor in wind turbines and other renewable energy technology (Google this for references). The Chinese government have accepted humans are driving climate change.

Many in the bible belt in Texas however feel climate change is God's will;

http://yearsoflivingdangerously.com/story/pray-for-rain/

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-416
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2014, 01:11:13 AM »

Here's a quick and easy start:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=list+of+biblical+prophecies+that+have+come+true

Love to discuss them.

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-416
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2014, 01:14:21 AM »
China also appears to have a realist view with regards to climate change, they are the world's biggest investor in wind turbines and other renewable energy technology (Google this for references). The Chinese government have accepted humans are driving climate change.

If we assume the Earth is billions of years old, and we also assume that humans haven't been around that long, it is quite foolish indeed to say that we are causing climate change. We can cause more damage than billions of years? That sounds very far fetched. I remember when the scare used to be "Global cooling" and the "experts" thought the Earth was gonna become an icebox. Whoops.

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-416
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2014, 01:20:56 AM »
1) Capitalism is a great economic system: for maximizing profits-- in the short term; for accumulating wealth-- in the short term; for producing high quality and varied consumer products--for those with money to buy them; and for allocating scarce resources efficiently.

2) Capitalism is a terrible economic system: for addressing social inequality; for caring for the environment; for protecting the weak and vulnerable; or for solving any problems that take a very long time to become evident (like slowly deteriorating infrastructure), or whose effects only hurt the weak and vulnerable. There is no money to be made educating poor children, or providing health care to poor elderly folks. Under a pure capitalist model, those things just don't get done.

Unregulated capitalism is what we see in third world countries where a few rich families own all the resources and live in highly guarded compounds to protect them from the vast majority who are impoverished and desperate. Public infrastructure systems (schools, roads, health care, water supply, bridges) are in poor repair, because there is no tax base and the wealthy don't need to use the public infrastructure.[1]

What we find when we look at the world, is that the places with the highest quality of life for most of the population are those countries that have highly regulated capitalism with a strong tax base to rationally address social inequality, environmental issues, and long-term problems. Everyone, rich or poor gets educated; everyone, rich or poor, gets health care.

The jury is still out on China's future, but it is definitely embracing capitalism in a big way. I have taught a few of the first generation of Chinese millionaire kids at my college.
 1. A really blatant example is Brazil in the 1980's. Economic inequality got so bad that thousands of children survived on the street, abandoned by their desperate families. The wealthy few lived in penthouses and took private helicopters from rooftop to rooftop to avoid even having to see the chaos that the cities had become. A group of radical artists painted protest signs on the roofs of the favela tenements so the rich people could not miss seeing them as they flew by.

Well, that answer was certainly very well thought out and in depth.

In response to pint #2, I would say that if people followed Christianity's version of capitalism, then the wealthy would WANT TO use their money to house the elderly. People like Bill Gates can build places to house all the elderly and still be very rich.

The secret lies in WANTING TO. If you have wealthy people who simply don't give a crap about their fellow man, then of course it won't work. But In Jesus' version, it will work just fine.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +59/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2014, 01:22:11 AM »

If we assume the Earth is billions of years old, and we also assume that humans haven't been around that long, it is quite foolish indeed to say that we are causing climate change. We can cause more damage than billions of years? That sounds very far fetched. I remember when the scare used to be "Global cooling" and the "experts" thought the Earth was gonna become an icebox. Whoops.

Remember Skep, bishop Ussher and his 6000 year old Earth has now been dis-proven thanks to directly measured star age. So no need to assume the Earth is billions of years old; it is. Only fools believe in flat Earths and 6000 year old universes these days.

"...assume that humans haven't been around that long, it is quite foolish indeed to say that we are causing climate change." Perhaps you can back that statement up? How long would humans have to be around before we can affect the climate? Please post research into this.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-30
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2014, 01:30:00 AM »
A pity jesus's version of jesus didn't work out just fine.
Signature goes here...

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +59/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2014, 01:34:25 AM »

Here's a quick and easy start:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=list+of+biblical+prophecies+that+have+come+true

Love to discuss them.

Googled it; none have come true. Perhaps you didn't read my question? - an unambiguous prophesy from the bible that has come true after the bible was printed?

I can write a book now predicting the Second World War and the 2008 US presidential election. But of course I'd have hindsight wouldn't I?! Just like the men that wrote the bible, I could pick and choose stories to align with things that happened. I could pick a 'prophesy' stating that a Messiah would pitch up around a certain time and discard the prophesies that didn't align with what I wanted. This obviously wouldn't prove a messiah pitched up, it would just show how I was desperately trying to prop up my wish that a messiah had pitched up.

So Skep, name one unambiguous prophesy from the bible that has come true after the bible was printed?

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +62/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2014, 09:05:29 AM »
Prophecies coming true (like my signature)

Lots of people think God doesn't exist because it's so much easier to just do what you want without being held accountable for your actions. I'm not saying everyone is like this, but a lot of people seem to be "mad at God" for not existing, which is illogical.

All religions who encourage the use of force, threats, or coercion to come to their beliefs are not liked by anyone outside of their beliefs.  Do you like Muslims who execute people for leaving the faith?   Do you like Jehovah's Witnesses for pounding on your door and wanting to convert you?   Do you like Catholics who think they are the one true church and anyone who isn't catholic is not Christian?

I personally don't like Christians who are quick to make up every excuse in the world for their imaginary god.

As far as being held accountable...  you're happy to take the work of thousands of humans over a century of scientific advancement and give the credit for their medical discoveries to god right?

The problem with Christians is that you hold people accountable only for the stuff you view is wrong... like holding a homosexual accountable for their lifestyle while wearing a graven image of Jesus on a cross around your neck... both are listed as "wrong and sinful" in the SAME BOOK of the bible.

So you give credit to God for every bit of good work ever done by people... but you give all the blame and accountability for anything done wrong by people to people...

People devastated by horrific events are told "everything happens for a reason" and "trust in god's plan"...

Everything is an excuse to defend god.

And it's not that atheists are angry at god... it's that the world makes perfect sense if god is imaginary... but IF we assume for a second that you were right, the god of the bible is awful... jealous, rage-filled, murderous, fickle, contradictory, promises to answer prayers then has an excuse for answering zero prayers, completely inactive in our lives.

If you WERE right, the god described by X-Tianity is a dictator who cares nothing for individuals at all.   You can say otherwise but no example you can give holds up.

"Well, god created his son and had him killed to please himself and save a select group of people from eternal torture in a place he created run by a guy he created"

"Well, god could kill people instantly and painlessly as he did ananias and sapphire, but instead of doing that during Noah's time, he drowned millions..."

"Well, it was good when God told Moses to have his troops kill all the women and children except young virgins to take as wives... um because... um... well it was a different time and it was good to kill babies back then."

You can't spell BELIEVE without LIE...  and a few other letters.  B and E and V and I think E.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2014, 09:32:50 AM »

Before I answer, do you agree or disagree with capitalism?
what does MY opinion on capitalism matter? I asked you a direct question based on your statement. America is getting away from what principles,China is ignoring what principles?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2014, 10:11:12 AM »
In response to pint #2, I would say that if people followed Christianity's version of capitalism, then the wealthy would WANT TO use their money to house the elderly. People like Bill Gates can build places to house all the elderly and still be very rich.

The secret lies in WANTING TO. If you have wealthy people who simply don't give a crap about their fellow man, then of course it won't work. But In Jesus' version, it will work just fine.

by that logic, any economic system would work out just fine, no?  People would want to shift their money where ever it is most needed.

And btw, there is no "xianity version of capitalism", even by your own definition.  You are suggesting that capitalism is capitalism is capitalism, and the difference is in the attitude and actions of the people who are hoarding the wealth.  That is not "xian capitalism."  That is just "capitalism."

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth

• Freshman
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »
Here's my question, getting away a bit from the current conversation - can you really say that Christians are hated by ALL for Jesus's namesake?  Isn't that kind of broad?  I don't think all 4.5 billion or so non-believers in Christ/atheists hate Christians.  They just disagree with them philosophically, but in fact there are many atheists that count Christians amongst their best friends. Hate is a pretty strong word and it seems to show a bit of immaturity on the part of Jesus to say everyone would hate that way.  Maybe Jesus saw the reaction he was getting from people that weren't following him and figured he may well have had serious mental issues, and Jesus extrapolated that hatred out to everyone that would ever live that didn't believe in him.  The statement seems to be exhibiting extreme paranoia.  A lot of Jesus's statements are like this - very extreme with a hard line in the sand.  Very much the "you're either with me or against me" and "us against the world" approaches like we also see in Matthew 10:34.  Everybody hates us that isn't with us.  It just seems like a very unhealthy approach to life.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
It's becoming powerful because we are becoming lazier and lazier and getting away from Biblical Principles.

None of this is true.  We are not becoming lazier.  We are working harder than we ever have, in terms of hours.  China is getting power because they are making money, and they are doing it by stealing our jobs through rock-bottom wages.  And this only happened because our politicians (on both sides, sadly) pay homage to corporations and the myth of Free Markets.  NAFTA and and granting permanent favored nation status to china began the shuttering of factories here.

As for biblical principles, I have no idea how getting away from them has anything to do with economics. 

Every conservative of every era has bemoaned the same thing as you.  Every generation thinks the world is going to hell in a handbasket and right away.

China doesn't follow Biblical Principles. Their pollution is going to be so horrible if trends continue, they will all drop dead.

Let's hope they do.  Except the hot chicks. 

Anyway, I did not know environmentalism was a biblical principle.  Last I checked god gave Adam "dominion" over every living thing to do with it what he wanted.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +824/-6
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2014, 02:13:07 PM »
If we disagree with religious people, it is because we are angry at their god. Hey, we atheists are angry at all gods, hate all religions, and hate all religious people, then, across the board. Not just the Christian varieties. That's a lot of hating to be carrying on.

We atheists don't have time to study in school, get married, find jobs, enjoy hobbies, travel, read novels, watch movies or go out to eat, since we are so busy with the constant hating on so many things. We are all "hatheists", all the time. Just nothing but hate, 24/7.

I imagine someone like Mr. Potter in Bedford Falls, bitter about his handicap, unable to enjoy his money, angry at the world, grumpy and snarling, with no sense of humor or human feeling at all.

That is the religious person's caricature of the atheist. Little do they know that they very likely interact with perfectly friendly atheists on a daily basis who are just as nice as pie.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-11
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »
It's becoming powerful because we are becoming lazier and lazier and getting away from Biblical Principles. China doesn't follow Biblical Principles.

Recently some people have doubted that you are what you claim to be and when you posted a link to a website which no longer worked and had no posts, and said you posted there, I began to think you were not representing your own views. But when I see you struggle with your own logic like this, and with science, I think you could not be faking it. So....

Let's get this straight, China is successful because it does not follow biblical principles. So it is a good idea not to follow biblical principles, right? But then the US is falling behind because it does not follow biblical principles. Confusion.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +824/-6
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »
Atheist Japan also does not follow biblical principles and is doing well socially, economically and to some extent, environmentally. The atheist Scandinavian countries are doing even better on all counts (except Iceland with their recent euro-crash). On the other hand, Spain, Italy and Greece are way closer to the bible than Scandinavia or Japan, and their economies have completely crashed. Russia is becoming more Christian, and more capitalist, more unequal, more crime-ridden, more unhealthy, and more polluted than even during the Soviet era.

In many third world countries-- Philippines, Mexico, and Uganda-- come to mind, the people are following biblical principles as best as they know how. Poverty, crime and social problems abound-- some problems actually caused by people trying to obey the bible (killing witches and gay people, for example).

One country that will be interesting to watch is South Korea, the only Christian member of the "Asian tigers" (Confucian Taiwan, Buddhist Vietnam, Muslim Indonesia are also improving). There is a big biblical influence there, lots of foreign missionaries (including Mormons) promoting conservative Christianity, belief in evil demons, etc. And the export-oriented Korean economy is growing dramatically. We will see if inequality also grows.

Brazil is another Christian country that has improved greatly since the 1980's, but that is largely due to their recent socialist-style emphasis on social programs that reduce inequality, not an increase in religious belief. A friend who does research in Brazil says that the rapid shift from Catholicism to Evangelical Protestantism is the latest social trend in Latin America.[1]
 1. I noticed the rise in Mormon and JW influence in Latin America back in the 1990's. The town I lived in had (in addition to the requisite huge, opulent Catholic church that I attended most often) a Kingdom Hall that I attended a few times for curiosity, and a brand new Mormon church that I regret never having attended once.

Offline skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +45/-416
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2014, 08:49:24 PM »
I withdraw my claim.

However, just because a lot of those countries are prospering doesn't mean they will prosper forever.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +824/-6
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2014, 09:17:35 PM »
Nothing lasts forever.

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +84/-1
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2014, 09:29:36 PM »
I withdraw my claim.

However, just because a lot of those countries are prospering doesn't mean they will prosper forever.

Thank you for a small concession. May I ask, though, why you think that these countries seem to be doing better, even if it turns out to be short-lived? How long would a secular society have to thrive over a more religious one before you started to suspect it might be more than a fluke? What would you say if, in another 30 or 40 years, Christ had still not returned and the secular countries were continuing to show better statistics as far as crime, education, peace, etc?