Author Topic: Christians; Why Do Us Atheists Think Your God Doesn't Exist?  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Christians, why do we atheists think your god is imaginary? I think most atheists on here have been believers, or like me, began to take an interest in Christianity in adulthood, read the bible, looked at as much evidence and arguments as we can, and after weighing all that we have learnt, came to the conclusion that the Christian god doesn't exist.

Why is this?
I've heard it's because we 'haven't let Jesus into our hearts'. Please explain precisely what this means and what I should do to make it happen.
Why have I and other atheists looked at the world and concluded that a god wasn't involved? If we missed the evidence; why is that?

Why can't we see your god? And what can we do to make that happen?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Re: Christians; Why Do Us Atheists Think Your God Doesn't Exist?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »
For the sake of expanding the argument,it's not just Atheists who don't believe in their god.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 03:23:33 PM »
Good point.

Christians; why is it that over two thirds of the people on this planet think your god doesn't exist? What can the majority of the population of the world do to find your god?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 03:49:05 PM »
Prophecies coming true (like my signature)

Lots of people think God doesn't exist because it's so much easier to just do what you want without being held accountable for your actions. I'm not saying everyone is like this, but a lot of people seem to be "mad at God" for not existing, which is illogical.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 03:59:07 PM »
The question was 'What can we do to find your god?'

Your answer is that we have to make prophesies come true?
How do I do that?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 04:04:55 PM »
The question was 'What can we do to find your god?'

Your answer is that we have to make prophesies come true?
How do I do that?

Oh, Lord. Help me, please.

the prophecies help you find God because they prove God is God.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 04:08:30 PM »
Skep can you give some examples so i know what you are talking about. is this like nostradamus or predicting weather patterns or sumthin??
Signature goes here...

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »

Lots of people think God doesn't exist because it's so much easier to just do what you want without being held accountable for your actions. I'm not saying everyone is like this, but a lot of people seem to be "mad at God" for not existing, which is illogical.

There you have it, folks. skeptic54768 knows what's on the minds of every single person on Earth and why they reject the clearly demonstrable and verifiable existence of his god, even if they've never even heard of him/her/it, like everyone before christianity was made up, and billions since.
EDIT: What number am I thinking of?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 04:11:19 PM »
Skep can you give some examples so i know what you are talking about. is this like nostradamus or predicting weather patterns or sumthin??

How can anyone read my signature and NOT see it's true to this day? Christians are the most hated people/religion on the planet. How did jesus know this, especially considering Christianity started out very small in numbers?

A slap in the face couldn't be more obvious.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »

There you have it, folks. skeptic54768 knows what's on the minds of every single person on Earth and why they reject the clearly demonstrable and verifiable existence of his god, even if they've never even heard of him/her/it, like everyone before christianity was made up, and billions since.
EDIT: What number am I thinking of?

I clearly said not everyone is like that. But, obviously there are some atheists who do it out of rebellion. Like the people who are "atheist at 20, Christian by 30" people. It was a phase for them.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 04:15:52 PM »
I clearly said not everyone is like that. But, obviously there are some atheists who do it out of rebellion. Like the people who are "atheist at 20, Christian by 30" people. It was a phase for them.

Like the people who are "christian at 2, atheist at 20" people (sic). It was a phase for them.
I'm sorry, did I just prove you're full of shit? It's so easy I tend not to notice.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 04:18:32 PM »
Like the people who are "christian at 2, atheist at 20" people (sic). It was a phase for them.
I'm sorry, did I just prove you're full of shit? It's so easy I tend not to notice.

Nobody is Christian at 2. You have to make a conscious free will decision to believe in Jesus. You can be born into a loving Christian home, but a 2 year old baby is not a Christian. I would say that maybe by 5 you can start making that decision.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 04:19:56 PM »
Nobody is Christian at 2. You have to make a conscious free will decision to believe in Jesus. You can be born into a loving Christian home, but a 2 year old baby is not a Christian. I would say that maybe by 5 you can start making that decision.

As always, missing the forest for the trees. Replace 2 with 5 if you want. My point remains. Accept, refute, or run away. You'll no doubt do the last one. The middle one is impossible, and I've never seen you do the first one, since it requires that you be intellectually honest for once.
We choose our own gods.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 04:23:07 PM »
As always, missing the forest for the trees. Replace 2 with 5 if you want. My point remains. Accept, refute, or run away. You'll no doubt do the last one. The middle one is impossible, and I've never seen you do the first one, since it requires that you be intellectually honest for once.

Have you read the article about Richard Dawkins experience with pedophilia when he was young? He said a teacher put his hand into his shorts when he was younger. And Mr. Dawkins is an atheist today. Could it be that he was "mad at God" for allowing that to happen and he uses atheism as a coping mechanism for wanting nothing to do with God?

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »
Sorry skep yr sig does not make things obvious to me.  is this why JW's etc are so annoying in order to piss people off so they can point to scripture as in yr sig and viola see they hate us - god said they would = god is true because some xians are annoying and get told ti eff off.
Signature goes here...

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »
You would have to ask dawkins himself skep it could also be he is a rational thinker and found no evidence for the existence of god.  maybe you should send him yr sig, that might get him to convert.
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 04:26:44 PM »
Sorry skep yr sig does not make things obvious to me.  is this why JW's etc are so annoying in order to piss people off so they can point to scripture as in yr sig and viola see they hate us - god said they would = god is true because some xians are annoying and get told ti eff off.

You're missing the big picture. Christianity started out with a membership of 12-20 people. Yet, Jesus said, "you will be hated by ALL." In fact, Christianity didn't eve exist yet at that time because jesus was still alive when He said that. So how did he know that people would be hated for jesus' name when the religion didn't even exist yet?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 04:27:34 PM »
Have you read the article about Richard Dawkins experience with pedophilia when he was young? He said a teacher put his hand into his shorts when he was younger. And Mr. Dawkins is an atheist today. Could it be that he was "mad at God" for allowing that to happen and he uses atheism as a coping mechanism for wanting nothing to do with God?

Have you read testimonies from "born again" chistians' experiences with hardship when they were losing their faith? They said bad stuff happened to them when they were losing their faith. And they're "born again" today. Could it be that they rationalized their bad experiences as being punishment from their god as a coping mechanism for not wanting to deal with reality?

Anyway, this will be our final exchange for this thread. You have once again shown that there's not a single intellectually honest elementary particle in your entire being. As soon as a new particle enters your body, such as molecules of oxygen, they are corrupted by the rest.
We choose our own gods.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 04:28:18 PM »
You would have to ask dawkins himself skep it could also be he is a rational thinker and found no evidence for the existence of god.  maybe you should send him yr sig, that might get him to convert.

But, I always sensed a hatred and nastiness in his articles about God. Once I read that he was molested, it's like the whole puzzle became complete and I said, "Well, that actually explains a lot."

Some people can discuss God rationally, but Dawkins sounds like a madman in his rants.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 04:33:46 PM »
Have you read testimonies from "born again" chistians' experiences with hardship when they were losing their faith? They said bad stuff happened to them when they were losing their faith. And they're "born again" today. Could it be that they rationalized their bad experiences as being punishment from their god as a coping mechanism for not wanting to deal with reality?

Anyway, this will be our final exchange for this thread. You have once again shown that there's not a single intellectually honest elementary particle in your entire being. As soon as a new particle enters your body, such as molecules of oxygen, they are corrupted by the rest.

But, then you ARE acknowledging that people can use things as coping mechanisms? If so, then that was my point.

If you're not saying that, then you're attempting to refute an argument using the "Tu Quoque" fallacy which means, "You too!" It's like someone saying to someone "You're stupid" and the other says "Oh yeah! You too!" It's a fallacy. The person just acknowledged that they are both stupid.

The fallacy does nothing to prove the other wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 04:42:29 PM »
So how did jesus say this before it was a religion. what year jesus said this and what year did xianity start?
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »
For the sake of expanding the argument,it's not just Atheists who don't believe in their god.

That's true. But, we Christians believe in the other gods (disguised as demons & fallen angels) of the other cultures. The Book of Enoch explains all of this. A bunch of angels got kicked out of Heaven and they disguised themselves as gods and trick people into worshiping them by answering their prayers. How else would other cultures believe in these gods? Just make them up for no reason?

Then this makes God outduel them (which is in the Bible) to show the people who The One True Eternal Lord is. Some get converted, others don't care and keep worshiping the false idols because they do things for them.

It all makes perfect sense when you look at it like this.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 04:45:44 PM »
So how did jesus say this before it was a religion. what year jesus said this and what year did xianity start?

Jesus died somewhere around 27-37 A.D. This was the reign of Pilate and Bible says Jesus died during Pilate's reign, which was 27-37. So that's the ballpark of when Jesus said that. But, if we also soak in the fact that Biblical scholars put Saul's conversion at 33 A.D., then we can assume jesus gave up the ghost by 32 or 33 A.D. at the latest. This would be when Christianity started.

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +377/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 04:51:20 PM »
That's true. But, we Christians believe in the other gods (disguised as demons & fallen angels) of the other cultures. The Book of Enoch explains all of this. A bunch of angels got kicked out of Heaven and they disguised themselves as gods and trick people into worshiping them by answering their prayers. How else would other cultures believe in these gods? Just make them up for no reason?

Then this makes God outduel them (which is in the Bible) to show the people who The One True Eternal Lord is. Some get converted, others don't care and keep worshiping the false idols because they do things for them.

It all makes perfect sense when you look at it like this.

We Christians believe that there is some part of truth in any religion, pagan culture has some good within it.

Do I hear bagpipes?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 04:53:05 PM »
It makes perfect sense to people on acid or have brain injuries or a naturally gullible. makes no sense to me at all.

i have always found Dawkins articles well written, well researched conservative and polite mannered. most xian rants (not all) are full of hate, prejudice fear, and bat shit extreme and crazy.

not hard to link such stuff, very embarrasing for humanity not just xians.

Dawkins is a prolific author and an intelligent man can you submit your bio and published works and i wilk stack them up against his.

only fair since you called him degrading things. or are you just an angry scared little internet troll who has acomplished nothing of international acclaim compared to the man you just denigrated.

so put up your bio and accomplishments.
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 04:53:34 PM »
Do I hear bagpipes?

Not at all. Lukvance is probably right in this case. There can be some good found in it if you look hard enough, but who cares? The overallness is not good.

Just like I'm sure one could find something good in hitler's writings if they looked hard enough, but who cares?

Would it matter if a serial killer said "love the children" and only killed adults?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 04:57:13 PM »
It makes perfect sense to people on acid or have brain injuries or a naturally gullible. makes no sense to me at all.

i have always found Dawkins articles well written, well researched conservative and polite mannered. most xian rants (not all) are full of hate, prejudice fear, and bat shit extreme and crazy.

not hard to link such stuff, very embarrasing for humanity not just xians.

Dawkins is a prolific author and an intelligent man can you submit your bio and published works and i wilk stack them up against his.

only fair since you called him degrading things. or are you just an angry scared little internet troll who has acomplished nothing of international acclaim compared to the man you just denigrated.

so put up your bio and accomplishments.

He can be very smug. I watched a youtube video of a man saying "My faith in Christ over the past 20 years has helped me get through life." And Dawkins said, "i think you are delusional." That is a very mean thing to say to someone.

if ONE person said, "atheists are delusional" the liberals would be all over the media screaming "hate speech!"

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »
Smug and mean are a downgrading on what you first said what about xians that hate queers and blacks and preach their hate is that smug and mean. what about xians that say atheists are just atheists cos they are mad at god while knowing nothing about the individuals journey.... smug?
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 05:04:41 PM »
Smug and mean are a downgrading on what you first said what about xians that hate queers and blacks and preach their hate is that smug and mean. what about xians that say atheists are just atheists cos they are mad at god while knowing nothing about the individuals journey.... smug?

Because you guys only go after Christians. There are millions of websites dedicated to pointing out the flaws in Christianity and reasons not to believe. How many website are dedicated to bring down, Hinduism, Paganism, Norse Mythology, Roman Mythology, and Buddhism?

That's why we say that: because atheists seem obsessed with Christianity and seem A-OK with the other religions. And we believe it's because the truth stings some people so they have to try and bring it down in order to convince themselves that it's not true.