Author Topic: Good bye for now  (Read 509 times)

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-90
  • "Question Everything"
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Good bye for now
« on: July 02, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »
Even when you are right here no body has the guts to admit it.  I'm tired.  It's not my fight anymore.  Argue argue argue for nothing.

Peace, love and happiness to all.

Goodbye
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Good bye for now
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 11:39:03 AM »
When I am right I fully admit it!
Best of luck until I see you around again with renewed interest in arguing for nothing about imaginary concepts and fables.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 12:32:51 PM »
Goodbye for now, junebug.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:45:08 PM »
Believing you are right and demonstrating it clearly can often be two different things. This is a forum based around the supernatural and mythology, after all. Enjoy your break in any case!
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
Even when you are right here no body has the guts to admit it.  I'm tired.  It's not my fight anymore.  Argue argue argue for nothing.

Goodbye

Junebug, if you read this, I'd encourage you to go back to your threads and re-read them for many points of agreement that did come to you.   Sure, people debated you, but, I also saw many points of agreement.

There's a psychological thing that people do to themselves where they block out support and only hear dissent.

Maybe there are 1000 people in a crowd, and 900 are cheering you, and 80 don't care, but 20 are chanting "June Bug Sucks!  June Bug Sucks!"

The mistake is to only hear that 20% and assume that it's global, and take a victim mentality.

You make a lot of good points and good posts.   I know personally that I've agreed with at least some of your points, so, it's not true to say "nobody has the guts to admit when you're right".   It's not true to say that the Atheist view is devoid of hope either.

I pointed out in one of your posts, and you agreed, that the world is far better now for people, in spite of a much bigger population, than it was hundreds of years ago when the normal was disease, wars everywhere, low education, gender and race discrimination, slavery, and horrific pollution during the industrial revolution.

A few hundred years is a blink of an eye.   The world is slowly improving, but, in a cosmic scale, that's very fast.

I think this is a very hopeful, positive thing.

Anyway, all the best to you... I certainly do not think that everyone is against you.   I'm not, even if I didn't agree with 100% of what you said.
You can't spell BELIEVE without LIE...  and a few other letters.  B and E and V and I think E.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:56:30 PM »
See you soon Junebug.  Take care and remember that this forum is exactly as important as you want it to be.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-90
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 02:14:16 PM »
I want it to be less important to me.  I just can't argue anymore.  Those last two very undeserved smites was it.  Especially since losing 6 +1's and trying to have a peaceful conversation.  OAA just wanted to have fun ruffling my feathers.  It's not fun on the other side. 

People would rather smoke screen and twist things around instead of admit theists do possess knowledge.  So if you don't want to work together, us SBNR's will sail right past you, because it is the best way as I have proved here many times.

Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +27/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 02:15:23 PM »
I want it to be less important to me.  I just can't argue anymore.  Those last two very undeserved smites was it.  Especially since losing 6 +1's and trying to have a peaceful conversation.  OAA just wanted to have fun ruffling my feathers.  It's not fun on the other side. 

People would rather smoke screen and twist things around instead of admit theists do possess knowledge.  So if you don't want to work together, us SBNR's will sail right past you, because it is the best way as I have proved here many times.
No comment.

Bye, if that's your decision.
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 02:29:27 PM »
Hey, Junebug. Sometimes we just need breaks. Hope you come back, though. I hate seeing people leave, regardless of views, but that's just me.

Especially since losing 6 +1's

This was just an error on the server, though. I happened to everyone. Look at me. I had about 5 +1s and lost them. And when it comes to +1s to post count ratio, you have me way beat (by a long shot)

OAA just wanted to have fun ruffling my feathers.  It's not fun on the other side.

If this is the case have you tried using the ignore feature built into your profile? If you'd like help using it just PM me and I'll walk you through how to set it up. It's pretty helpful to ignoring certain members. However, it unfortunately doesn't ignore karma points.

Well, if it's your decision to leave, it's your decision. But feel free to come back whenever you want too. (hopefully) the forum will still be here.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online xyzzy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +48/-0
  • "Nothing happens"
    • xyzzy
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 03:26:31 PM »

Junebug, I was going to comment on some other aspects of the recent discussion but seeing as you're about to do an internet flounce[1], I'm feeling that there's some things that might need to be cleared up. I say that because some of them are at the heart of what you perceive to be attacks on you, and some. Well, I'll get to that.

First, Spiritual But Not Religious.

With religion receiving bad press, many people are trying to distance themselves from the label "Religious" but seem to also want to hold onto emotionally appealing beliefs such as gods, spirits, and afterlives which  are firmly rooted in our pre-scientific and superstitious past. Essentially it's a form of GreenwashingWiki - "Oh, look at the kinder, gentler, more eco-friendly detergent packaging spiritual movement. Oh, and pay no attention to the environmentally-damaging surfactants continued rationalisations for gods and the like".

And I bring this up because, from reading your posts, one gets the distinct impression that you feel that by attaching the tag "SBNR" to an argument similar to what a "religious" person might make ("I know what god wants... because the bible", for example) it is transformed from a self-serving rationalisation, to something that is deep, insightful and, somehow, profound. It doesn't and it isn't.

Arguments are not good or bad because "SBNR", "Religion", "Atheist"; they are judged on their merits, not their PR agent.

Now this common ground thing. First, I'm one of those people that thinks that atheist is a word that really isn't needed. Being blunt, really blunt, not believing in imaginary things sounds like a tautology to me. So when you keep appealing to "common ground", it's a real head-scratcher.

You see, atheism doesn't define who I am, it's just a label about one small part of me, and I don't think there is an "atheist agenda". However, speaking as someone who is an atheist, I don't have a common ground of ridding the world of religion, per se. The more accurate assessment would be that I'd like to see us approach and resolve the societal issues (education, welfare, etc) that put people in the 21st century in the position of embracing pre-scientific and superstitious beliefs - then having to go through all manner of mental gyrations to justify those beliefs.

It doesn't matter to me if that belief is based on a so-called Holy Book, "being in touch with the Universe", or feeling energy from a Vortex in Sedona. As I see it - they are all as far-removed from reality as each other. So, no, I don't think your god-claims are any-more reasonable than any other god-claim. I can't speak for others, but I doubt the consensus would be that they were. So, common ground. What is it?

Why is this important, and why do I care?

Well, in general, besides the obvious such as it's really disrespectful to skilled, and caring, professionals to have their efforts ascribed to some god-thing, it really breaks my heart to see people not recognising their true potential.

In your case, it wasn't "god" that got you through hard times. It wasn't "god" that gave you the strength to carry-on. It wasn't "god" that did any of those things - it was you. And if only you and all the other people who "thank god" could embrace their own abilities, just think what else they could succeed in and accomplish.

But there's also a dark-side to some of the recent events. You've set yourself as somewhat of a spokesperson for SBNR. So I want to visit what happened on a different forum in a galaxy far, far, away.

During a time when I think you were absent from WWGHA, a poster called Xena appeared on the Happy Atheist Forum (HAF). Like you, she self-identified as SBNR and she had significant complaints about her treatment on a another forum. In fact, an entire thread was dedicated to that subject. I'm paraphrasing somewhat, but one of her complaints was that people couldn't handle her because of her devastating arguments. Additionally, she felt that the people on the other forum didn't "support" her through her cancer treatment. And that some of the posters and mods had it in for her. That forum was subsequently identified as WWGHA. Gosh, Junebug, that sounds like you, particularly as you recently returned to this forum making similar complaints about HAF.

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=12904.0

I'm trying to figure atheist out.  I just spent almost a year on another forum and the atheist there were really mean.  I shared my personal battle with cancer there and was called all kinds of names and bullied by the mods.  There were a few that actually supported me.

Well, it didn't long before the sympathy and attention moved in a direction that Xena didn't like. She then started insulting people and was warned for her passive-aggressive behaviour. Gosh, that's so... familiar?

Why so touchy?  I have been an atheist.  I have spent a year talking to them.  Do you even know what an accomplish that was.   Most theist on that site don't last a month.  Besides you took something personal there that wasn't meant personal.  Roll Eyes

You have just exposed part of how your mind works.  It's not that hard.  You don't believe in God. You want to touch, see and hear God.  Atheist are very good and pointing out flaws in religion but once that religion is stripped away it gets harder.

I think you took that way too seriously, Mr sensitive.

No they are upset with me because I won debates.  I made picking on theist not as much fun.  I was a stronger moral character.  Now I don't necessarily believe that's because they are atheist but more to do with their arrogance and lack of concern for human feelings.  It is just as wrong to call people LUNATICS, stupid or delusional as it is for people to sentence you to hell.  You can't beat religion by stooping lower than their level.  I say the only way to beat religion is with God.  Whether God is real or imagined I believe this is so.

Xena

Well, long story short but Xena got banned but what she said as a SBNR was chilling, insulting, and quite ominous. Emphasis mine.

I don't remember saying anything about atheist being deluded, heartless, ignorant, prejudice, fools but now I'm glad I did.  I've been nice to you fuckers for a God Damn year.  Nothing but pricks and cowards.  Vultures that's what you really remind me of vultures.  Can't wait to attack a theist.  Prey on their weakness of doubt.  If atheism doesn't assist with morality then it is as useless as tits on a boar hog.

So since I'm being accused of stereotyping I'll stereotype the atheist.  Not highly moral characters.  I bet that gets your blood pumping.  You better believe I have lots and lots of evidence to prove that claim.

Don't worry God has already forgiven me. hahaha  Even on a bad day, like just now my moral character makes yours impotent.  Yes I said you have the moral character of a limp dick.  I enjoyed doing it too.

If Tank is posting here I'm ignoring him.  I think he is trolling me.

For individuals you all sure do a lot of similar things.  Hum?

Bringing this up is something I have tried not to do. But seeing as you keep presenting yourself as some ever-loving, ever-right, person, maybe it's time to look at what it is you want to achieve with these discussions, and perhaps it's an insight into why you may become frustrated when people don't jump in and join your bandwagon.

Now before you offer that "Xena" replied in anger, note that the topic wasn't theists. "Xena" brought that into the discussion. That's her goal and after that post she was banned. Shortly after that, you returned from HAF, claimed HAF couldn't handle you, and started laying into OCG and others.

So, if that is you, then I truly hope you can work out how to get past that anger. You have every right to be angry, absolutely you do. But you don't have a right to similarly attack other people based on their association with the people who used your views against you.

Whether you are Xena, or whether you aren't; it's a call-to-action based on attacking people through their beliefs. That's how religious wars promulgate and this one is SBNR vs Religion. Not so loving and profound, is it?

Frankly, it pains me to say this, but what is described above isn't so much a goal as a vendetta. It's a search for vengeance and seeking vengeance tends to eat people alive.

Now despite everything I've said above, perhaps even because of the circumstances that has brought us all to this point, I truly wish you well and I hope that you find peace and happiness.
 1. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Flounce (reference 2)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool -- Richard Feynman
You are in a maze of twisty little religions, all alike -- xyzzy

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 03:29:56 PM »
OAA just wanted to have fun ruffling my feathers.

I asked you politely to define one simple word in clear, concise terms. You dodged. That's when it occurred to me that you always seemed to do that. You are not interested in debate. You are interested in people blindly supporting your views, no matter how unclear or plain wrong they may be.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 03:41:03 PM »

Junebug, some people have trouble in rationing their time on forums (I speak from personal experience), and so they post more and more until they overload. So they take a break for a while, and then return for another go a few months later. And overload again, and have another break.

I haven't analysed your entire posting pattern, but I see that in the last fortnight you've made 141 posts; which is 10 a day. That's a lot, right? A big chunk of time, and a significant expense of mental energy (it's tiring defending yourself when you're in a minority). I don't see how anyone could sustain that level of involvement for very long - depending on their other commitments in real life...

I suggest that you have your break and recharge your batteries, and if you come back, try to limit yourself.

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »

Goodbye

Just look at you. You come out talkin' about how you believe God exists. We ain't playin' that bullshit.

What about trust or belief?

I believe God exists.
I believe that humanity will continue progressing towards a better tomorrow.
I believe that the bible is imperfect attempt by humanity to understand the divine

I trust God exists.
I trust that humanity will...
I trust that the bible is imperfect...

Yes I think believe is the best way to convey how I perceive God.  To have faith is to say I really don't believe, I have faith. 

Faith in the second coming and the horrors that entails so you don't have to change?  No thank you.

Christians kill me with that.  Jesus said he wouldn't come while you're watching.  Yet they have been trying to predict the day for 2000 years.  Waiting on it!  I really don't think they want him to come back. &)  I really don't.

Why would anybody be joyful or hopeful much less joyfully hopeful about Armageddon?  I would rather have not been created.  I'm very serious about that.  Very.  I did not ask to be here.  I had no choice of who would be my parents.   

And remember those that think they come first will come last. ;)

So long . . . for now.

In the mean time, lay off the fuckin' woo woo, will ya?

Heh heh heh.

Heh heh heh.
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +84/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 02:12:44 AM »
Never bothered to smite anyone yet. i think my new hobby will be to smite JBs account multiple times a day from now on.... just because.
Signature goes here...

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
junebug, I'd like to add something to xyzzy's post above - it's been bothering me for a while now and I think it's worth bringing up if you are checking back in on followup posts here.

In your Utopia thread, you made an observation:

Then what the fuck is this website for really.  Just a place for atheist to talk. 

Yes junebug, that's exactly what this website is for. I don't see any big social justice movements being born out of your typical theist discussion forum either, so I'm not at all sure why you think this place should be different.

This attitude I'm finding is so sad.   I have to go compose myself.

What attitude?

All this is proof that atheism destroys hope.
Destroys false hope, yes. I see our message to theists as this: Let go of the belief that something else is going to "save" you and get busy "saving" yourself.

Look junebug, I understand that you want everyone here to be a passionate about the causes you care about as you are. That's fine, but it's unreasonable to demand that everyone do so. This website is not named "Atheists for Social Change" it called "Why Won't God Heal Amputees" - two very different agendas are made quite clear by the difference in names.

What I see as the fundamental problem is this (and I'm prepared for you to come back at me swinging in response, should you happen to see this post): you are talking about goals, end products, while we are pushing you to explain how to achieve them, how to go about making these goals a reality. I don't think anyone is arguing that your desires are flawed, or that what you would like to see manifest is a bad thing - we're trying to make sense of your process, the road map you are asking us to follow.

Yes, the world would quite likely be a much better place if we could ensure that all the things you want to see could actually be made to happen, but you are talking about literally upending the existing social structure in favor of a completely different way of conducting human lives. A lovely dream, so now we'd like to see how you would make it real.

Finally, you are making a lot of unfounded assumptions about the members of this forum. I'm pretty forthcoming about how I spend my time, but have you noticed that by and large, the majority of the posters here do not disclose much about their personal lives? Bits and pieces slip into the dialogue, but for the most part, what members do when they are not here is not all that obvious. Who the hell are you to claim that no one is doing their part? You have no idea whatsoever what any of us are doing to make the world a better place.

If YOU want to change the world, DO something. Give you time, money, or talents to an organization that is promoting the kind of change you want to see. Do some research and see what is already being done, then go help whichever one's mission you find most compelling. Rather than yelling at us for not doing enough, put your money where you mouth is (or in this case, your typing fingers) and practice what you preach. Then come tell us about the fabulous group you found who YOU are now helping to do wonderful work, and encourage us to take a look at what they are accomplishing.

Edit: corrected misspelling
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:29:32 AM by Jag »
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »
Junebug just doesn't like that we don't think exactly the way she does. As you noted, figuring out the way she thinks is a problem of its own.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-90
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 05:12:25 AM »

I'm trying to figure atheist out.  I just spent almost a year on another forum and the atheist there were really mean.  I shared my personal battle with cancer there and was called all kinds of names and bullied by the mods.  There were a few that actually supported me.

Well, it didn't long before the sympathy and attention moved in a direction that Xena didn't like. She then started insulting people and was warned for her passive-aggressive behaviour. Gosh, that's so... familiar?

Why so touchy?  I have been an atheist.  I have spent a year talking to them.  Do you even know what an accomplish that was.   Most theist on that site don't last a month.  Besides you took something personal there that wasn't meant personal.  Roll Eyes

You have just exposed part of how your mind works.  It's not that hard.  You don't believe in God. You want to touch, see and hear God.  Atheist are very good and pointing out flaws in religion but once that religion is stripped away it gets harder.

I think you took that way too seriously, Mr sensitive.

No they are upset with me because I won debates.  I made picking on theist not as much fun.  I was a stronger moral character.  Now I don't necessarily believe that's because they are atheist but more to do with their arrogance and lack of concern for human feelings.  It is just as wrong to call people LUNATICS, stupid or delusional as it is for people to sentence you to hell.  You can't beat religion by stooping lower than their level.  I say the only way to beat religion is with God.  Whether God is real or imagined I believe this is so.

Xena

Well, long story short but Xena got banned but what she said as a SBNR was chilling, insulting, and quite ominous. Emphasis mine.

I don't remember saying anything about atheist being deluded, heartless, ignorant, prejudice, fools but now I'm glad I did.  I've been nice to you fuckers for a God Damn year.  Nothing but pricks and cowards.  Vultures that's what you really remind me of vultures.  Can't wait to attack a theist.  Prey on their weakness of doubt.  If atheism doesn't assist with morality then it is as useless as tits on a boar hog.

So since I'm being accused of stereotyping I'll stereotype the atheist.  Not highly moral characters.  I bet that gets your blood pumping.  You better believe I have lots and lots of evidence to prove that claim.

Don't worry God has already forgiven me. hahaha  Even on a bad day, like just now my moral character makes yours impotent.  Yes I said you have the moral character of a limp dick.  I enjoyed doing it too.

Bringing this up is something I have tried not to do. But seeing as you keep presenting yourself as some ever-loving, ever-right, person, maybe it's time to look at what it is you want to achieve with these discussions, and perhaps it's an insight into why you may become frustrated when people don't jump in and join your bandwagon.

Now before you offer that "Xena" replied in anger, note that the topic wasn't theists. "Xena" brought that into the discussion. That's her goal and after that post she was banned. Shortly after that, you returned from HAF, claimed HAF couldn't handle you, and started laying into OCG and others.

So, if that is you, then I truly hope you can work out how to get past that anger. You have every right to be angry, absolutely you do. But you don't have a right to similarly attack other people based on their association with the people who used your views against you.

Whether you are Xena, or whether you aren't; it's a call-to-action based on attacking people through their beliefs. That's how religious wars promulgate and this one is SBNR vs Religion. Not so loving and profound, is it?

Frankly, it pains me to say this, but what is described above isn't so much a goal as a vendetta. It's a search for vengeance and seeking vengeance tends to eat people alive.

Now despite everything I've said above, perhaps even because of the circumstances that has brought us all to this point, I truly wish you well and I hope that you find peace and happiness.

Yes I'm Xena and I was there because I was banned from here.  I've tried not to mention it just let it go but since you brought it up...I recall a recent thread where atheist were saying leave the banning stuff for the Christian sites.  I was given a hard time here.  Since my ban things have been much better.  Not because you all are trying harder but because I am.

Them happy atheist were like piranha on a goose.  They thought I was a sock puppet and attacked, whined and to be honest they were not happy they were angry.  It should be called the 'angry atheist'.  lol

They deserved every rotten word.  Whiniest bunch of crap I've ever read on a forum. 

I don't take no sh!t man.  That makes me a winner not a victim.  ta ta ta

I also posted a video on you tube. 

So I was banned 2 times by holier than thou atheist and then there's this thread here where y'all act like y'all are better than the christians that do it but I know better.

I don't respect people that can't own their own actions.  Really I don't.  That's why I'm leaving TR.  That's why I needed a break from here. 
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-90
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 05:22:14 AM »
junebug, I'd like to add something to xyzzy's post above - it's been bothering me for a while now and I think it's worth bringing up if you are checking back in on followup posts here.

In your Utopia thread, you made an observation:

Then what the fuck is this website for really.  Just a place for atheist to talk. 

Yes junebug, that's exactly what this website is for. I don't see any big social justice movements being born out of your typical theist discussion forum either, so I'm not at all sure why you think this place should be different.

This attitude I'm finding is so sad.   I have to go compose myself.

What attitude?

All this is proof that atheism destroys hope.
Destroys false hope, yes. I see our message to theists as this: Let go of the belief that something else is going to "save" you and get busy "saving" yourself.

Look junebug, I understand that you want everyone here to be a passionate about the causes you care about as you are. That's fine, but it's unreasonable to demand that everyone do so. This website is not named "Atheists for Social Change" it called "Why Won't God Heal Amputees" - two very different agendas are made quite clear by the difference in names.

What I see as the fundamental problem is this (and I'm prepared for you to come back at me swinging in response, should you happen to see this post): you are talking about goals, end products, while we are pushing you to explain how to achieve them, how to go about making these goals a reality. I don't think anyone is arguing that your desires are flawed, or that what you would like to see manifest is a bad thing - we're trying to make sense of your process, the road map you are asking us to follow.

Yes, the world would quite likely be a much better place if we could ensure that all the things you want to see could actually be made to happen, but you are talking about literally upending the existing social structure in favor of a completely different way of conducting human lives. A lovely dream, so now we'd like to see how you would make it real.

Finally, you are making a lot of unfounded assumptions about the members of this forum. I'm pretty forthcoming about how I spend my time, but have you noticed that by and large, the majority of the posters here do not disclose much about their personal lives? Bits and pieces slip into the dialogue, but for the most part, what members do when they are not here is not all that obvious. Who the hell are you to claim that no one is doing their part? You have no idea whatsoever what any of us are doing to make the world a better place.

If YOU want to change the world, DO something. Give you time, money, or talents to an organization that is promoting the kind of change you want to see. Do some research and see what is already being done, then go help whichever one's mission you find most compelling. Rather than yelling at us for not doing enough, put your money where you mouth is (or in this case, your typing fingers) and practice what you preach. Then come tell us about the fabulous group you found who YOU are now helping to do wonderful work, and encourage us to take a look at what they are accomplishing.

Edit: corrected misspelling

Bold should read as passionate.

I can't understand how your mind works.  You say you want to save the world yet you tell me it's impossible.  What are you saving us from?

I was asking for your help not your hard time. 

I've told you before I do plenty.

I can not do it alone.  Maya Angelou; 'Nobody, no nobody can do it alone'.

Who the hell said you don't do your part.  Your hallucinating now.  I was talking about helping me talk about ideas about changing the world, a Utopia.  From you and Anfauglir all I got was resistance.  I thought I started a topic that I would not have to argue.  A genuine conversation among folk that respect each others opinions.  Geeze.  I'm tired of arguing.

Take it down a notch.  No reason to be mad.  You are actually mad about something I did not even say.  whoa...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:33:35 AM by junebug72 »
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-90
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 05:48:38 AM »
Junebug just doesn't like that we don't think exactly the way she does. As you noted, figuring out the way she thinks is a problem of its own.

That is pure low down rotten dirty slander.  I mean really come on now.  How many times have I said you must believe my way or else.

Never!

That's because you're not using your third eye.  You're not deep enough to get me.  That's your problemo not mine.  I use little common words. ;)

I accepted everyone here the way they are from day one.  I just thought you should here my story before closing your mind. 

Every time I'm right here y'all start this character assassination crap.  By y'all I don't mean everybody just the ones that are guilty as charged. 

Bad debate etiquette by the way.  Morally unacceptable.  I will defend my honor with every fiber of my being.  I might even cuss, oh my.

It is you that can not accept me.  I love atheist.  Why do you think I'm still around.  I don't care if you don't love me back but I won't let you damage my honor by making things up about me. 

How about evidence to support that claim or an apology. 
Thomas Paine

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 05:54:03 AM »
That's because you're not using your third eye.

In Portuguese, "third eye" means something completely different than what you're trying to say. Hint: it's the anus.

You're not deep enough to get me.

Negative depth is not depth. It's altitude.

That's your problemo not mine.  I use little common words. ;)

You use such common words that, when someone asks you to clarify what you mean, since they didn't understand you in the first place, you can't/won't. Amazing.

I accepted everyone here the way they are from day one.  I just thought you should here my story before closing your mind. 

Yet another "closed mind" claim from theists. In rational people speak, this translates to "accepting what I'm saying without evidence".

How about evidence to support that claim or an apology. 

How about you define "light" in clear, concise terms that don't rely on personal interpretation?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +105/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 06:03:19 AM »
You are too sensitive to be different. People who want to be different have to be able to cope with the consequences.

I sometimes do things just for hell of it, but I enjoy a bit of controversy.

On some of my early posts here I argued an unpopular line on purpose. I am against the idea that Christianity was just a new version of older myths, though they influenced it.
The Foxy Freedom antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-90
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 06:24:02 AM »
I can be passive
I am not aggressive
I can sometimes rarely be passive aggressive
I am an assertive communicator, most of the time

I am not perfect and have never claimed to be.

You are too sensitive to be different. People who want to be different have to be able to cope with the consequences.

I sometimes do things just for hell of it, but I enjoy a bit of controversy.

On some of my early posts here I argued an unpopular line on purpose. I am against the idea that Christianity was just a new version of older myths, though they influenced it.

My skin's getting thicker everyday.  That is one very positive influence WWGHA has had on me.  I'm tough enough.  Even the tough have their weaknesses. 

I am different.  Very different and yes it is hard.  Sometimes I feel like giving up.  Then something happens that sets me right back off.

I really feel like I was born before my time.  I shouldn't be here yet.  Like an alien on a strange planet.
Thomas Paine

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 06:39:29 AM »
I am not aggressive

Lie.
<snip>

<snip>

Yes I'm Xena and I was there because I was banned from here.  I've tried not to mention it just let it go but since you brought it up...I recall a recent thread where atheist were saying leave the banning stuff for the Christian sites.  I was given a hard time here.  Since my ban things have been much better.  Not because you all are trying harder but because I am.

Them happy atheist were like piranha on a goose.  They thought I was a sock puppet and attacked, whined and to be honest they were not happy they were angry.  It should be called the 'angry atheist'.  lol

They deserved every rotten word.  Whiniest bunch of crap I've ever read on a forum. 

I don't take no sh!t man.  That makes me a winner not a victim.  ta ta ta

I also posted a video on you tube. 

So I was banned 2 times by holier than thou atheist and then there's this thread here where y'all act like y'all are better than the christians that do it but I know better.

I don't respect people that can't own their own actions.  Really I don't.  That's why I'm leaving TR.  That's why I needed a break from here. 
Care to rectify? Your posts to Jag have been nothing but aggressive lately, even though all she did was give you a pass, since you were not feeling well. She had the audacity to be caring and understanding, and you (metaphorically) spit in her face. I admit that, as far as I go, I have been what you might perceive as aggressive. I see it as brutal honesty. In your thread in the help board, I was also brutally honest. You were wrong about what you said (and, if you still believe it, you're still wrong), so I stepped in (I wasn't going to, but the spammer pissed me off by posting in a help thread with his/her retarded spamming, and I thought just posting to tell you not to bother with the spammer would be an irrelevant post) and told you you were wrong and why. LoriPinkAngel added to that point with her personal experience.

I believe you only want to hear the truth when it suits you. When it doesn't, you'd rather hear a lie, or stick to "preferring" that things were different - like in your thread about saving people from extinction - rather than doing what you can to help with what you have. Wanting the best possible outcome is meaningless if you don't contribute to that and can't handle the fact that, sometimes, shit happens.

EDIT: Remove reveal about what junebug72 posted in the help board.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:44:16 AM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +546/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 06:57:19 AM »
OK.

Enough is enough.

1.   Junebug announces her departure and there are a few “See you around” messages.
2.   The whole thing then descends into invective.

Junebug says she’s not going to post for a while. All that is required is that you all take that message on board.

I have locked the topic. This is the stage before removing it. If that happens, you’ll just have to remember that Junebug has gone.

GB Mod

Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”