Author Topic: Thank you [ #64]  (Read 588 times)

Offline DL

Thank you [ #64]
« on: July 26, 2008, 10:51:21 PM »
GIIVideo,

First off, I am a true born again child of the Living God. A true Christian.

I just want to tell you THANK YOU for all your efforts to make these videos. It has really helped me out a lot and increased my faith. And, I REALLY appreciate that.

My faith has grown immensely from watching these videos. Keep up the hard work!

Thank you very much. I am also praying for you

[name]

Offline Scrabble Hamster

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Hi.
Re: Thank you [ #64]
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 11:00:05 PM »
Thank you very much. I am also praying for you

[name]

I appreciate the gesture, but praying for us won't accomplish anything in reality. If you'd like to do something you can rightfully feel good about, I recommend donating to charity or giving blood. That has the potential to make a real difference in someone's life.
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry

Offline Ananukia

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I wear no mask.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 11:33:50 PM »
This person is trying to employ reverse psychology
        Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
    Where flap the tatters of the King,
    Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Offline Noumenon

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 11:35:15 PM »
You think?

Is it working??

Offline CosmicScherzo

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • What would Jesus brew?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 11:43:36 PM »
My faith has grown immensely from watching these videos. Keep up the hard work!

Yeah?  Which points were you skeptical about before?  How did the videos help bolster your views?

Or perhaps you just wanted to agitate us by pointing out that you're still a believer.  Spare us.  As long as you're not in a position to use your beliefs to interfere with us, nobody here cares what you have faith in.  You're free to waste your life however you see fit.
"What claim has your piety on my deference?"

shgadwa

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
It increases my faith in ways that I know most of you guys cannot understand. I am sorry that you cannot and I REALLY wish that you would be able to fully understand it.

See, the guy that makes these videos, he does it to DESTROY my faith. That is why they are there. But, I can understand that his questions are him taking on his own viewpoint of God (as many do) not for what God really is, but what he thinks God is. These questions all seem to be made up around his idea of God. everyone makes up their own image of God and that is the God they worship. It is the same way with 'Church' also known as organized religion. According to the bible, the true Church is the body of Christ, it is a people. Believers, basically. Anyone that is not a true Christian, is one that just goes to 'Church' and calls themselves good because they are just like everyone else. No one is good, except God.

But, I can answer these questions. By allowing my faith to be questioned, and having answers to those questions, it increases my faith in God can causes me to know more throughly, that he is God and that he is real.

Also, I was not really skeptical about any points from the video, at all. Let me say, that I am a true Child of the living God. NOW, if I was not a Christian, and I just said I was, I think I would be skeptical of the whole thing.

So, thank you again.

Shawn

Offline Noumenon

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 09:45:04 AM »
It increases my faith in ways that I know most of you guys cannot understand. I am sorry that you cannot and I REALLY wish that you would be able to fully understand it.

I for one am not interested in how it increased your faith.  I am sure there are plenty of deconverted Christians that post here that DO understand what you are trying to say.  They have been where you are.

Please quit presuming your answer is the truth, it sounds condescending.

See, the guy that makes these videos, he does it to DESTROY my faith. That is why they are there. But, I can understand that his questions are him taking on his own viewpoint of God (as many do) not for what God really is, but what he thinks God is. These questions all seem to be made up around his idea of God. everyone makes up their own image of God and that is the God they worship. It is the same way with 'Church' also known as organized religion. According to the bible, the true Church is the body of Christ, it is a people. Believers, basically. Anyone that is not a true Christian, is one that just goes to 'Church' and calls themselves good because they are just like everyone else. No one is good, except God.

No, he made the videos so you would start thinking.  Apparently sometimes they fail.

The rest of this is just your SPAG (Self Projection As God).  Another way of saying it is, that this is part of your personal opinion of god, not anything based on evidence.

But, I can answer these questions. By allowing my faith to be questioned, and having answers to those questions, it increases my faith in God can causes me to know more throughly, that he is God and that he is real.

Please go for it.

Also, I was not really skeptical about any points from the video, at all. Let me say, that I am a true Child of the living God. NOW, if I was not a Christian, and I just said I was, I think I would be skeptical of the whole thing.

What the heck is a "true Child of the living God"?  Is that some kind of new Mattel doll line?

So, thank you again.

Shawn

Waiting for your answers.

Offline CosmicScherzo

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • What would Jesus brew?
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »
No one is good, except God.

That this is what you've been taught and accepted is probably the single ugliest element of your religion.  If you want to convert me, you'll have to start with something other that the promise of forced self-contempt.

Also, I was not really skeptical about any points from the video, at all.

So, you were already 100% faithful in your beliefs, and the videos didn't increase you faith at all.  In other words, your assertion was false.
"What claim has your piety on my deference?"

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 12:05:29 PM »
So where are your answers to the questions? That's sort of what we're waiting for here.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote