Author Topic: I am sorry for you [#56]  (Read 721 times)

Offline DL

I am sorry for you [#56]
« on: July 26, 2008, 12:53:31 PM »
I'll be praying that you come to your senses. However, If you don't, it is because we are creatures of choice and you don't want to change, not because He can't change you. If you have any challenges for me, please send them and with Jesus Christ as my companion, I will give reasons why you are dillusional.

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
Re: I am sorry for you [#56]
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:56:25 PM »
I love how you throw in that qualifier. "I'm going to pray for you to change! But if you don't change, it's not because my prayers don't work or anything..."

I have a challenge. Prove it. Make a case instead of excuses.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »
I'll be praying that you come to your senses. However, If you don't, it is because we are creatures of choice and you don't want to change, not because He can't change you.

Then why pray? Time is heavy on your hands? Go do something useful for somebody else. (That might make me believe in miracles.)

If you have any challenges for me, please send them and with Jesus Christ as my companion, I will give reasons why you are dillusional.

OK, I challenge you to memorize the correct spelling (and definition) of the word "delusional." Then I want you to look up the word "evidence," and familiarize yourself with all the various meanings.

Then come back here and introduce yourself. I'll be waiting.
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles

Offline Dkit

• Reader
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • Nemesis Ridiculii
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 03:40:55 PM »
I'll be praying that you come to your senses. 
I came to my senses two years ago.  Can prayers be retroactive?  If so, thanks!
"The Bible is a Banquet table not a snack tray!" - Anonymous Facebook User

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 04:19:48 PM »
Please simply give us some good solid proof and you won't need to pray.  Our problem is not that we are flagrantly choosing to disregard God, it is that we do not believe that God exists and therefore, we have no reason to acknowledge him.

Put together a good solid case for his existance (no "Tornado in a Junkyard" arguments or Aquinas's Five proofs, please) and we'll go from there.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 06:44:56 PM »
I'll be praying that you come to your senses. However, If you don't, it is because we are creatures of choice and you don't want to change, not because He can't change you. If you have any challenges for me, please send them and with Jesus Christ as my companion, I will give reasons why you are dillusional.

Hi, thanks for praying that I come to my senses. Your prayer was answered positively! I did indeed come to my senses and left Christianity behind.

Thanks again for such an effective prayer.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Codswallop

• Reader
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Cod helps those who help themselves.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 08:32:10 AM »
Hi, thanks for praying that I come to my senses. Your prayer was answered positively! I did indeed come to my senses and left Christianity behind.

Thanks again for such an effective prayer.

It's a miracle!
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
             --Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles