Author Topic: Regenerating limbs [#2813]  (Read 121 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Regenerating limbs [#2813]
« on: June 29, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed your web site. I've been reading Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, and Richard Dawkins, but I find your approach considerably gentler. Perhaps your style has a marginally better chance of reaching religious folks. Insulting peoples' core beliefs is unlikely to open their minds.

My only suggestion would be adding a brief mention that spontaneous limb regeneration is quite common in the animal world. Developmental biologists have been whacking off legs of salamanders for 150 years and marveling at how easily new limbs return. The same goes for starfish and octopus. The modest flatworm, Planarian, can be diced into a hundred tiny pieces and each one will grow into a complete new worm. It should be painfully uncomfortable for religious people to contemplate why God would be so merciful towards newts and yet so cold hearted towards human amputees.

[name removed]
Hawaii

Sent from my iPad
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
Re: Regenerating limbs [#2813]
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »
Obviously because animals have no souls, duh.

We do, so we have to go through the pain.

/sarcasm.
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.