Author Topic: Why Exactly Does Biblegod Hate Homosexuals?  (Read 3500 times)

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Why Exactly Does Biblegod Hate Homosexuals?
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2014, 04:30:02 AM »
Quote from: Isaiah 45:7
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.
Tell me, have you ever, in your life, cracked open a Bible and read it? Not just the parts people tell you to read; I mean all of it.

-_- omgosh. I am not talking about literal darkness here. I'm talking about darkness= evil.

Until you read what I quoted in full, I will not reply to you any more. I will, however, proceed to smite you whenever I see fit.

I did read what you quoted fully. I literally quoted you on everything you have said in that post. I think you just don't want to have a debate with me because the truth hurts. I spent some time on replying back to you on that as well, and you don't read my post fully because apparently I didn't read yours fully? Well isn't that hypocritical...

Online Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2014, 04:32:10 AM »
What are you talking about by, what "brand " am I? There is only one way to follow Jesus. There is only one way of being a Christan. I'm a regular Christian. Christian means to follow Christ. To follow Christ means to devote your life to him. I free willingly pray, and love God/Jesus.

OK, so we'll say protestant, born again, liberal. You believe that some of the OT is literally true, but other random parts are symbolic. You believe in hell.

Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2014, 04:37:07 AM »
I did read what you quoted fully. I literally quoted you on everything you have said in that post.

The first part is a lie, and the second is irrelevant. I can quote an entire book and not have the faintest idea of what it says. Assuming you're not intentionally dodging,allow me to emphasize the relevant part:
Quote from: Isaiah 45:7
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.
Now address the issue.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2014, 04:37:24 AM »
That is the whole reason why God does not like it and that is the whole reason why it is bad in the first place.

Things are "bad", because some humans wrote that things were "bad", because doing them was counterproductive to their stone age society.

You will find that you will defend most of God's laws, because you agree with them, not because you have any evidence that God made them.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard......."Things are bad because some humans wrote things were bad." Really?? You don't think about the reason why they are bad? I mean really, that is almost really insensitive as well. You think murder is not bad? What kind of logic is that? Really.

You guys say that God is messed up but then you people think that murder, stealing, and rape, slavery, and all of those things are not bad, they're just bad because, "people said they were," that's being really insensitive. I mean really?? Do you have any feelings? Or are you just too foolish to not understand what these things can do to people?

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2014, 04:43:03 AM »
God is love

We already have a word for love....

We do? That's incredible! What's the word?! I have to know!
Seriously though: So, by God is good's logic, when someone says "For the love of god", they're actually saying "For the love of love". What about "god damn you"? "Love damn you"? Does that make sense to anyone?

Nope..... but then they don't really mean god is love, they mean god is love+, + being hate - love.

Wait...what? You guys obviously don't get what I mean by, "God is love", and turning it into something completely different.

No, I'm not. You're saying god is love in the sense that god IS love, not that god only acts in a loving way, or even that god is the personification of love. Like I said previously, we don't need another one for love, we already have one.
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2014, 04:45:47 AM »
God is everything that is good, because he is good.

Non sequitur. Being good doesn't make you everything that is good, unless, like with love, you're saying god IS good. Well, sorry, but god is not when my daughter completes a jigsaw.

Online Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2014, 04:59:12 AM »

Where does it say that the Earth is flat?

Isaiah 40:22  - It is He who sits above the circle of the Earth

circle
noun
1.a round plane figure whose boundary (the circumference) consists of points equidistant from a fixed point (the centre).

sphere
noun
1.a round solid figure, or its surface, with every point on its surface equidistant from its centre.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2014, 05:01:37 AM »
God is good, I managed to filter your replies from the quotes, but, in the future, please use the "Preview" button to make sure everything is good. There's a quoting FAQ here: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,4259.0.html and you can use the test area to see if you've figured it out here: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/board,28.0.html

Thank you, but I have used these kinds of things before.

You said you were quoting the post that said "We choose our own gods.". If you had been clear from the start, I would've understood what you meant.

I seriously quoted you from that post, and I'm saying that I don't know what happened but it just quoting your sig. But I really did quote that post. My goodness why aren't you getting this? lol. It was a mistake<<Get it?

Aside from having been raised a believer and praying every night? Nope.

That's all? Have you ever sincerely asked God personally if he can reveal himself to you?

It's not about common sense. The basis of morality is empathy. Psychopaths feel no empathy, so they don't believe in good and bad. They believe in themselves above all others, like your god does.

Wait, I hope you didn't just call God a psychopath. Okay then tell me why young, innocent children automatically react to bad things and good things before they're even taught that?

We have words for those without the supernatural connotations. I'll give you a hint as to what they are: they're the words you typed in the quote above.

That makes no sense to me. How about you explain further.

Yeah... Except all those parts where YHWH himself slaughters countless millions and orders the deaths of pretty much the entire planet.

You obviously didn't get my whole post on telling you why God does those things. And btw, slaughter is like when you have no feelings and just viciously kill a whole bunch of people. That is not what God did or felt at all. I'm getting the sense that you're just mad at him and you don't really want to get the reason why he does those things.

Wearing mixed fabrics is a sin too, you know. How does that lead to hurting ourselves and others easily?

-_-. Those were written laws for Gods people back then, the, "no wearing mixed fabrics" and the, "no eating this and that." Was specifically for his people at that time. That has nothing to do with Gods law. This was right after the went out of slavery and God made a lot of strict rules for them in order for them to survive, and thrive into a successful country.

I am putting words in nobody's mouth. That's what you said in another thread. I can quote it for you, if you'd like.
Tell me, why do you lie? I'm pretty sure "bear no false witness" is in the Bible.

....I swear all of you guys say and do the same things when I debate with you.....actually you did put words in my mouth in the last post, would you like me to show you? You said, "Unlike you, I actually care about people." That is putting words in my mouth for I never sad that I didn't care. So that is not lying :)

Prayer... Making yourself feel good for not helping.
If you really cared, you'd get off your ass and help them.

Again. That is not coming out of  my own mouth or my thoughts. I do not pray to God to, "make myself feel good." I actually pray to God to help them because I believe that God exists and I actually want to help these people. Ever considered that? Lol. Mmk man, is the cussing really necessary? And here I thought I was finally going to get a mature debate for once...

I do understand them, since I don't blame everything on a "higher purpose", as if mocking the sick.

Actually you do blame everything on God, lol. That's what you've been doing the whole time.

Prayer has been shown, invariably, to fail. In fact, one study showed that people who were prayed for fared worse than those who weren't.

Where are you getting this information from? "One study," lol. Wow, that is a lot to show, dang....out of the billions of the people who live in the world...yup that one study covered it all.

I'm a student of engineering physics. If you're alive in about thirty years, which is when I think I'll achieve at least one of my goals, you'll get the news of what I'm doing to help. If I cannot achieve even one of my goals, I will work on them until the day I die. At the very least, I will lay down the groundwork for the improvement of this planet, and not just the humans that live on it.

How nice. But gee....if there's no such thing as good, what's the point in helping people in the first place? : O guess it's just all a waste of time, my friend. Cuz that totally makes sense....

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2014, 05:05:34 AM »
God is good, before you fix your quotes in your previous post, address the issue of your god admitting to creating evil. Then fix the quotes. I will then reply to those two posts, as well as the other one in this thread I didn't reply to because you blatantly ignored what I had written.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2014, 05:05:48 AM »

circle
noun
1.a round plane figure whose boundary (the circumference) consists of points equidistant from a fixed point (the centre).

sphere
noun
1.a round solid figure, or its surface, with every point on its surface equidistant from its centre.

Um....It says, the circle of the Earth. If you think from back then, that would be the best way to describe the Earth don't you think? It doesn't say, on top of the flat Earth, now does it? If I was a person from a thousands of years ago......and  looked at the Earth, I would say it has a Circular shape.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2014, 05:07:43 AM »
God is good, before you fix your quotes in your previous post, address the issue of your god admitting to creating evil. Then fix the quotes. I will then reply to those two posts, as well as the other one in this thread I didn't reply to because you blatantly ignored what I had written.

Um. I don't need to, "fix", anything. I quoted you. God did not admit to creating evil. He said he created the darkness, meaning nighttime, literal darkness and the light, literal light. I explained that to you in the post.

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2014, 05:08:58 AM »

circle
noun

sphere
noun

Um....It says, the circle of the Earth. If you think from back then, that would be the best way to describe the Earth don't you think? It doesn't say, on top of the flat Earth, now does it? If I was a person from a thousands of years ago......and  looked at the Earth, I would say it has a Circular shape.

Yet you would think that "he" who sits above it would have made it known that it wasn't a circle "he" sat above....

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2014, 05:09:43 AM »

Non sequitur. Being good doesn't make you everything that is good, unless, like with love, you're saying god IS good. Well, sorry, but god is not when my daughter completes a jigsaw.

Again. You are not getting the meaning of my words....it's so simple to understand. God is good, tell me some things that are good.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2014, 05:10:16 AM »
Um. I don't need to, "fix", anything. I quoted you.

Read your post. Your replies are inside the quote tags. This makes it nearly impossible to filter out, especially given the length of the post.

God did not admit to creating evil. He said he created the darkness, meaning nighttime, literal darkness and the light, literal light. I explain that to you in the post.

That is a lie, which makes you a liar.[1] Read the emphasis I put on the quote. Don't bother replying, though. You've earned the title of "fastest trip to the One Above All's ignore list".
 1. Before any mods get involved, I showed God is good the relevant portion of the quote. She either ignored it, in which case she was lying about having read it, or she's lying now about what the Bible says. This is conclusive evidence.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:11:58 AM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2014, 05:11:01 AM »

circle
noun

sphere
noun

Yet you would think that "he" who sits above it would have made it known that it wasn't a circle "he" sat above....

For goodness-.....it is a metaphor. -_- no wonder you guys don't believe in the Bible, lol.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2014, 05:26:39 AM »
Wait...what? You guys obviously don't get what I mean by, "God is love", and turning it into something completely different.

No we don't really. We've asked other theists what they mean by this but get a non response or woo.

So please do explain. What is your definition of love and how is your god a perfect representation of this definition?

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2014, 05:27:41 AM »
What are you talking about by, what "brand " am I? There is only one way to follow Jesus. There is only one way of being a Christan. I'm a regular Christian. Christian means to follow Christ. To follow Christ means to devote your life to him. I free willingly pray, and love God/Jesus.

OK, so we'll say protestant, born again, liberal. You believe that some of the OT is literally true, but other random parts are symbolic. You believe in hell.

Okay this isn't some high school. It's not some clique like, "what type are you.". I'm just simply a Christian. Don't name me anything else, thank you. Oh but unless you don't know what Christian means......I'm getting the feelings that that's is the case here.

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2014, 05:34:15 AM »

Again. You are not getting the meaning of my words....it's so simple to understand. God is good, tell me some things that are good.

Lesbian p0rn.

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2014, 05:36:53 AM »

circle
noun

sphere
noun

For goodness-.....it is a metaphor. -_- no wonder you guys don't believe in the Bible, lol.

My word, what a back peddle. First you try and give justification as to why the Earth was describe as a circle, then when called out on it you claim that it was metaphorical anyway. That leaves your original justification as a redundant lie.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2014, 05:39:02 AM »
Um. I don't need to, "fix", anything. I quoted you.

Read your post. Your replies are inside the quote tags. This makes it nearly impossible to filter out, especially given the length of the post.

God did not admit to creating evil. He said he created the darkness, meaning nighttime, literal darkness and the light, literal light. I explain that to you in the post.

That is a lie, which makes you a liar.[1] Read the emphasis I put on the quote. Don't bother replying, though. You've earned the title of "fastest trip to the One Above All's ignore list".
 1. Before any mods get involved, I showed God is good the relevant portion of the quote. She either ignored it, in which case she was lying about having read it, or she's lying now about what the Bible says. This is conclusive evidence.

My gosh, you like to complain about every little thing. Aren't you on your little high horse? Oh my, you have to make everything just perfect to speak to me, otherwise I'm going to put you on ignored ://, I mean really? That sounds....so very mature. God does not say that he created evil specifically, are you blind? Where does it say in that verse that he creates evil? Do you not understand the concept of the disasters he makes? Have you read the Bible? Seriously, you're like a noob when it comes to the Bible.

Let me explain the verse to you in a much more simpler way, God makes peace, but he also can cause destruction. Why is that? Because as it shows you in the Bible that he creates these plagues and all of these things, but for good reason. He's basically saying, "I can create peace for all or destruction for all." Meaning the plagues and things. But you have to remember the outcome of all of those things he did. How is that evil? Tell me. To you it may sound that way...since you do think that all of the things he did was evil apparently. But when really, if you read further, it's always for a good reason.

Everything he does it out of good intention. :)

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2014, 05:48:28 AM »

circle
noun

sphere
noun

My word, what a back peddle. First you try and give justification as to why the Earth was describe as a circle, then when called out on it you claim that it was metaphorical anyway. That leaves your original justification as a redundant lie.

What? You guys like to twists things around quickly...holy crap. The whole,  "It is He who sits above the circle of the Earth". Let me make this clear, mmk? The guy who I was speaking to before was claiming that the this verse is saying the the world is flat. Because it specifically said, "circle." So I corrected him on that, specifically. Then you argued with me saying,"
Yet you would think that "he" who sits above it would have made it known that it wasn't a circle "he" sat above...." So I then just gave up and was like...for goodness sakes it's just a metaphor anyways, not the circle part but the whole thing. Where he sits above the circle of the earth.< He is not going to literally sit on it. So I'm saying, when it means by circle, it means the world is round, no? And it all together...him sitting on it, is a metaphor.

Stop trying to twist things around. Again. I am not a liar, nor am I intended to be one so please calm down.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2014, 05:49:18 AM »

Lesbian p0rn.

Okay. I totally get it now. You guys are 5 years old. : ) , "Omgosh you know what would be funny?!" :B what? "To reply back to her with some inappropriate crap." ooh yee. : D....I mean really. I try to have a mature debate with people and they always end up becoming fools.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:53:22 AM by God is good »

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2014, 05:52:22 AM »
Okay this isn't some high school. It's not some clique like, "what type are you.". I'm just simply a Christian. Don't name me anything else, thank you. Oh but unless you don't know what Christian means......I'm getting the feelings that that's is the case here.

There is a valid reason for asking this, eventhough the followers of jesus are all christians they have wildly varying beliefs.
For example some christians think the universe is 6000 years old. To most people, including other brands of christians, this is laughable.
Some christians think that the wine and wafer in communion are transubstantiated into the literal blood and body of christ, others think it is symbolic.
Ohter christians think there is no hell...etc
to understand where you are coming from we really need to know your denomination :)

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2014, 05:55:18 AM »

No we don't really. We've asked other theists what they mean by this but get a non response or woo.

So please do explain. What is your definition of love and how is your god a perfect representation of this definition?

Lol! Wow. Gee. I wonder why you guys don't get it...hmmm.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2014, 05:56:27 AM »

There is a valid reason for asking this, eventhough the followers of jesus are all christians they have wildly varying beliefs.
For example some christians think the universe is 6000 years old. To most people, including other brands of christians, this is laughable.
Some christians think that the wine and wafer in communion are transubstantiated into the literal blood and body of christ, others think it is symbolic.
Ohter christians think there is no hell...etc
to understand where you are coming from we really need to know your denomination :)

If they don't believe in what the Bible is saying...then how are they Christians? That's what I would like to know. The Bible is God word and yet...they don't trust in it?......

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2014, 05:57:26 AM »
What? You guys like to twists things around quickly...holy crap. The whole,  "It is He who sits above the circle of the Earth". Let me make this clear, mmk? The guy who I was speaking to before was claiming that the this verse is saying the the world is flat. Because it specifically said, "circle." So I corrected him on that, specifically. Then you argued with me saying,"
Yet you would think that "he" who sits above it would have made it known that it wasn't a circle "he" sat above...." So I then just gave up and was like...for goodness sakes it's just a metaphor anyways, not the circle part but the whole thing. Where he sits above the circle of the earth.< He is not going to literally sit on it. So I'm saying, when it means by circle, it means the world is round, no? And it all together...him sitting on it, is a metaphor.

Stop trying to twist things around. Again. I am not a liar, nor am I intended to be one so please calm down.

We're only discussing the circle part, and that god being all knowing 'n all, and the Bible, being his apparent word, should not have to resort to metaphor in order to convey the shape of the Earth.

There is no twisting going on, just an exposure of how the bible flips and flops around with ambiguity... in translation at least.

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +79/-1
« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2014, 06:01:33 AM »

Lesbian p0rn.

Okay. I totally get it now. You guys are 5 years old. : ) , "Omgosh you know what would be funny?!" :B what? "To reply back to her with some inappropriate crap." ooh yee. : D....I mean really. I try to have a mature debate with people and they always end up becoming fools.

You asked for something good, so I gave you something I consider good, something which is 1) in tone with theme of this thread and 2) that contravenes what you would consider good. Basically, it's my short-handed way of showing that "good" is as subjective a term as there is, yet you appear to be applying some objectivity to it, for which I whole-heartedly disagree.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2014, 06:11:02 AM »

We're only discussing the circle part, and that god being all knowing 'n all, and the Bible, being his apparent word, should not have to resort to metaphor in order to convey the shape of the Earth.

There is no twisting going on, just an exposure of how the bible flips and flops around with ambiguity... in translation at least.

Okay. But you started talking about, "the man sitting above the circle of the earth," so I was like....dude he's not going to literally sit on it, but you were just talking about the circle part, so my bad. Which btw, if you know the Bible, you would know that a lot of it speaks in parables and metaphors to understand it more. Come on guys think of the reasons behind it. But you did make a big deal out of that just now and called me a liar. How am I supposed to have a "debate" with a immature, high-expectations kind of guy? If I say one thing, OH NO SHES A LIAR, HOLY. Calm down like geez.

The second sentence of ur post has nothing to do with what we were talking about. : ) but just a personal bs concept of the Bible.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2014, 06:12:48 AM »

Lesbian p0rn.

You asked for something good, so I gave you something I consider good, something which is 1) in tone with theme of this thread and 2) that contravenes what you would consider good. Basically, it's my short-handed way of showing that "good" is as subjective a term as there is, yet you appear to be applying some objectivity to it, for which I whole-heartedly disagree.

Okay. You're so stupid you don't even know the general concept of what good is. I'm talking about natural things like, happiness, peace, harmony? "Lezbo porn", is not good.....that is in fact the opposite. It's called being perverted on your side  : D. And at this point, I'm just going to look at this, "debate", as a joke.