Author Topic: Why Exactly Does Biblegod Hate Homosexuals?  (Read 3806 times)

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Re: Why Exactly Does Biblegod Hate Homosexuals?
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »
At any rate, the people with the religious restrictions don't want to hear any scientific explanations or deal with social reasons why gay people might actually be good to have around in a population. It's wrong, it's a choice and it's the wrong choice. Nature and population and hormones be damned.

I once had a Muslim guy argue with me about whether gayness was inborn or not. He maintained that there were no gays in Islamic countries. I responded that in Saudi Arabia the government executed Arab Muslim gays every Friday and did not seem to have trouble finding them. He then demanded, triumphantly, "Have you ever seen a gay baby?" I answered, "Probably, yeah. But it looked just like any other baby, so I couldn't tell."

What was he expecting a little gay boy or girl to look like? A baby boy with an earring, a tiny handlebar moustache and a little black leather diaper? A baby girl with a buzz cut, a diaper made of plaid flannel and tiny combat booties?  &) :laugh:

Note: I had to post this in short pieces because I kept getting the "forbidden" blocks. No bad words, but the combination of terms triggered the censor.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »
... I saw a Star Trek episode with a race that had neither males nor females unless they were throwbacks.  And it was a crime to have masculine or feminine feelings.  Is that how you view everyone, as neither masculine nor feminine?  Very strange.  I was hoping Astreja would reply as she's been the only one to actually demonstrate a willingness to have open discussion in this topic.

Just noticed this now; sorry for the delay in addressing this.

I don't have a problem with someone having "masculine" or "feminine" feelings (inasmuch as such a thing could be said to exist, nor do I have a problem with people being being attracted to "masculine" males or "feminine" females.

Subjectively, though, I've never found the extremes of the gender spectrum to be attractive.  Big muscles and a sasquatchian degree of body hair are just as *meh* as big breasts.  (I don't hate them; they just don't do a darned thing for Me.)  For as long as I can remember, though, I've found tomboyish women and men with long hair to be attractive.

I've never felt an urge to change this preference, either.

At this point I have to ask why organized religion is still trying to make an issue out of something that expresses itself at the individual level, and that only really affects the individual and perhaps a few people in his or her circle of acquaintance.  Bullying a minority in a futile attempt to change their sexuality is IMO a waste of everyone's time and energy, and I'd like to see all that fervor and energy applied to something more practical such as education, healthcare, and eradication of child poverty.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2014, 05:58:54 PM »
What about lesbian relationships Skep? Please cite a bible verse that says a woman shall not lie with another woman as with a man. I bet you 19 quatloons it doesn't exist, cos lesbianism is 'sexy'. Oh boy that attitude GIVES ME THE SHITS.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +551/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »
The verse usually quoted against lesbianism:
Ro:1:26: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Ro:1:27: And likewise also the men
, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2014, 08:06:56 PM »
cos lesbianism is 'sexy'. Oh boy that attitude GIVES ME THE SHITS.

;D ;D
Signature goes here...

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »
The verse usually quoted against lesbianism:
Ro:1:26: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Ro:1:27: And likewise also the men
, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Can always count on you to know the bible the best around here Mr Beard. But perhaps, perhaps the line "For even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature" could be interpreted as they started wearing makeup, or cut their hair, or started wearing death metal tshirts...

;D

Oh and PS, please please please, could you change your avatar so it doesn't blink anymore??? The first time I saw it out of the corner of my eye I had to stop and stare to make sure I had actually seen it blink. It's creeeeeeepy!  :o

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2014, 08:57:00 PM »
Oh and I guess I owe you 19 quatloons too... I'll wire them via Western Union, I've heard that company is entirely reliable.

;)

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2014, 02:59:35 AM »
What's the deal with Biblegod's hatred of gay people? He's ok with slavery but hates two men or women loving each other? What precisely does he have against this? I've heard it's because Biblegod wants us to reproduce; so does he also hate single people? People that biologically can't have children? Old people that marry and can't have kids? Married couples that can have kids but choose not to?

Now to me it's simple; as gods don't exist, this is just bronze age tribesmen not liking something without knowing why.

So theists; what precisely is wrong with homosexuality? Why do you think your god doesn't like it? Imagine some concrete evidence could be shown to you to prove your god doesn't exist; would you still dislike homosexuality and why?

This is a huge misconception. God does not hate anyone. God only hates the sin homosexuality.

God loves us all unconditionally. As it says here in these versus.

Romans 5:8: But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 4:8: Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13: If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

1 Corinthians 13:7: Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 John 4:18: There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7: Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Matthew 5:43-48: “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

1 John 4:16:So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

More can be read here:

http://www.openbible.info/topics/unconditional_love

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2014, 03:01:02 AM »
BM.

That is not true. Lol. There is one true God, believe it or not.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2014, 03:02:57 AM »
This is a huge misconception. God does not hate anyone. God only hates the sin homosexuality.

Homosexuality is not a "sin" for at least these reasons:
There's no such thing as "sin"; it was made up by theists in an attempt to make people feel guilty for things they aren't to blame.
It harms nobody. It's not your business what two consenting adults do.
Sin implies a conscious choice to do harm. Homosexuality, like all sexualities, is not a choice.

BM.

Note the "M". Not "S". "BM" stands for "BookMark".
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2014, 03:09:47 AM »

Is God anything except Love?

Love implies action, unless you are talking about the feeling of Love that does nothing.

If God acts, then God makes choices. Are the choices always perfect choices, or does God avoid any situation where he would have to make an imperfect choice?

Does an act of Love also include things that humans, with their small viewpoint, would consider hateful?

Does God act with a different type of Love to humans?

Why do you quote Paul, even though he is just a badly faked person who believed that Jesus was wrong about the Law?
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +86/-1
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2014, 03:12:08 AM »
God is love

We already have a word for love....
If you keep on living your life as though your purpose is to be saved and go to heaven, you are missing the heaven that you are living in right now.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2014, 03:14:26 AM »
God is love

We do? That's incredible! What's the word?! I have to know!
Seriously though: So, by God is good's logic, when someone says "For the love of god", they're actually saying "For the love of love". What about "god damn you"? "Love damn you"? Does that make sense to anyone?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2014, 03:15:39 AM »

Yes, and it's defined as doing the right thing by humans, whilst trying to reconcile it with all the hateful things that God is up to.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2014, 03:25:49 AM »

Homosexuality is not a "sin" for at least these reasons:
There's no such thing as "sin"; it was made up by theists in an attempt to make people feel guilty for things they aren't to blame.
It harms nobody. It's not your business what two consenting adults do.
Sin implies a conscious choice to do harm. Homosexuality, like all sexualities, is not a choice.

BM.

Note the "M". Not "S". "BM" stands for "BookMark".

I was replying to your post that said that,"We choose our Gods," somehow it ended up just quoting,"BM". Anyways, so okay...if you don't even believe that there is a sin then how would you even get the whole thing in the first place? I mean if you don;t even think if there is such thing as evil then wow. You are telling me that murder, rape, and stealing is okay but we just made it not? I mean you have to use your common sense.

How is taking someones life okay in any sense? You are basically stealing someones dreams, identity, and memories. You have to think deeper as to why it is a sin. Sin simply means to act bad, to do bad things. And there is a reason behind every single one of them, that would make sense to any humane person.

Offline Ataraxia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +86/-1
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2014, 03:26:50 AM »
God is love

Seriously though: So, by God is good's logic, when someone says "For the love of god", they're actually saying "For the love of love". What about "god damn you"? "Love damn you"? Does that make sense to anyone?

Nope..... but then they don't really mean god is love, they mean god is love+, + being hate - love.
If you keep on living your life as though your purpose is to be saved and go to heaven, you are missing the heaven that you are living in right now.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2014, 03:32:19 AM »
I was replying to your post that said that,"We choose our Gods," somehow it ended up just quoting,"BM".

That's a signature.
Have you ever been on an online forum before? :o
Anyway, if you'd care to prove that there is one, and only one, god, use this thread: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,27160.0.html

Anyways, so okay...if you don't even believe that there is a sin then how would you even get the whole thing in the first place?

Not believing in something doesn't mean I don't understand the concept.

I mean if you don;t even think if there is such thing as evil then wow. You are telling me that murder, rape, and stealing is okay but we just made it not? I mean you have to use your common sense.

Who's talking about evil here? We're talking about sin. Two different things. The former is doing something against a deity's wishes. The latter is harm against real beings, most often people.

How is taking someones life okay in any sense? You are basically stealing someones dreams, identity, and memories. You have to think deeper as to why it is a sin. Sin simply means to act bad, to do bad things. And there is a reason behind every single one of them, that would make sense to any humane person.

See, when you say that sick people are being "sent a message", you don't get to imply that I'm inhumane. Unlike you, I actually care about people. I don't make bullshit excuses as to why they're suffering. I help them.
We choose our own gods.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2014, 03:36:57 AM »

Is God anything except Love?

Love implies action, unless you are talking about the feeling of Love that does nothing.

If God acts, then God makes choices. Are the choices always perfect choices, or does God avoid any situation where he would have to make an imperfect choice?

Does an act of Love also include things that humans, with their small viewpoint, would consider hateful?

Does God act with a different type of Love to humans?

Why do you quote Paul, even though he is just a badly faked person who believed that Jesus was wrong about the Law?

God always makes the perfect choice, he is not an imperfect being. If God was imperfect, then he wouldn't be God. He is not like us, we are like him. Well, were. When we fell, we became imperfect. Since God knows the outcome of everything, why would there ever be a reason to make, "the wrong choice"? He is not like us, he can see the outcome of everything so, you get what I mean?

If you have actually read the Bible, Paul was hateful towards Jesus and all of his followers. But soon after Jesus came to him and told him that he was God. And Paul completely changed. His name actually used to be Saul and then it was changed to Paul because of the complete change I think. He witnessed to many many people as well >.< he spread it like crazy. It also says that he even got arrested many times because of it. So he was actually a very Godly man.

It is said in the Bible that God is like a Father. He looks at us like his children, since he did make us in his image...he loves us so very much that he even had his son (who was willing to) die for our sins. So god loves us like his children.

God is love, God is everything that is good, evil is always the little rebellion against it. Evil is mostly made up of selfishness and hatred. Good is everything that involves, peace, happiness, selflessness, grace. You know all of those. God is all of those things, he is light, not dark.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2014, 03:39:36 AM »
God is love

I don't get what you are saying. God is love. God is gracious, God is good. He is all of those things. You seem to like to twist things around when the simple fact is just right there. God is everything that is good, because he is good.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #193 on: August 01, 2014, 03:40:44 AM »
God is love

Nope..... but then they don't really mean god is love, they mean god is love+, + being hate - love.

Wait...what? You guys obviously don't get what I mean by, "God is love", and turning it into something completely different.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #194 on: August 01, 2014, 03:43:16 AM »
God always makes the perfect choice, he is not an imperfect being. If God was imperfect, then he wouldn't be God. He is not like us, we are like him. Well, were. When we fell, we became imperfect. Since God knows the outcome of everything, why would there ever be a reason to make, "the wrong choice"? He is not like us, he can see the outcome of everything so, you get what I mean?

Why did your god do the following things then:
Create imperfect, corruptible humans
Create evil, while knowing that said evil would corrupt the corruptible humans
Cast out the humans and curse them with pain and death
Summon bears to rip apart children who dared make fun of a bald prophet
Drown (almost) everything and everyone because the evil was too much to fix
Allow Satan to fuck with Job in order to win a bet
Allow himself to be crucified to himself while asking himself why he had forsaken himself
Say that the Earth was flat
Say that the sky is a dome or tent

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. I will now wait for you to dodge the issue at hand.

God is love, God is everything that is good, evil is always the little rebellion against it. Evil is mostly made up of selfishness and hatred. Good is everything that involves, peace, happiness, selflessness, grace. You know all of those. God is all of those things, he is light, not dark.

Wrong.
Quote from: Isaiah 45:7
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.
Tell me, have you ever, in your life, cracked open a Bible and read it? Not just the parts people tell you to read; I mean all of it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:45:35 AM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2014, 03:55:17 AM »

That's a signature.
Have you ever been on an online forum before? :o
Anyway, if you'd care to prove that there is one, and only one, god, use this thread: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,27160.0.html

*Facepalm. I quoted you on the one post that said, "We choose our Gods" And somehow it ended up just quoting your signature, so it was a mistake. I know it is your sig. but quoting that was a mistake is what I was trying to say, get it? Rather then going into another discussion, I have a question for you. Have you ever tried to see if God exists?

Not believing in something doesn't mean I don't understand the concept.

That is true but then again. I don't get how anyone could not have the common sense to believe in good and bad.

Who's talking about evil here? We're talking about sin. Two different things. The former is doing something against a deity's wishes. The latter is harm against real beings, most often people.

Do you know what sin is? Sin is a bad doing, a bad act, an evil act. Murder is defiantly a sin. It is written in Gods law, "though shall not kill." All of these things, sloth, envy, rage, can all lead to hurting people and ourselves easily. That is the whole reason why God does not like it and that is the whole reason why it is bad in the first place.

See, when you say that sick people are being "sent a message", you don't get to imply that I'm inhumane. Unlike you, I actually care about people. I don't make bullshit excuses as to why they're suffering. I help them.

My goodness, can you please stop putting words in my mouth. I do care about these people, that is why I pray for them. And the fact that you even think that it's "bs" means that you're never going to understand why these things happen. It can have a great impact on other people and themselves, they can be healed 1 year later, 2 years later, God had a plan for every individual. He heals and lets things happen for certain things to happen in the future. And he will especially heal if they too pray, and a lot of other people as well. The power of prayer is big. And how exactly are you helping them then??? If you're not a doctor and you don't want to pray because you think its, "bs", then how exactly are you doing everything you can to help them?

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2014, 04:09:24 AM »
Hi GiG. The thrust of my question is; why exactly is it wrong for two consenting adults to love each other when nobody is harmed. Why exactly does Biblegod not like this? The reasons I have heard so far;

1. Homosexuals cannot have babies. - well neither can couples that marry and decide not to have children.
2. Ah! But God can still bless them! - Not if they have themselves sterilised.
3. ....er.....babies..... - what about old people that marry late in life? They will not have children!

Because from where I'm sitting, there is no reason, just that Bronze age Arab tribesmen didn't like something they couldn't understand.

So the question; why exactly does Biblegod hate homosexuality? What precisely does he not like about it?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2014, 04:15:24 AM »
God is good, I managed to filter your replies from the quotes, but, in the future, please use the "Preview" button to make sure everything is good. There's a quoting FAQ here: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,4259.0.html and you can use the test area to see if you've figured it out here: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/board,28.0.html

*Facepalm. I quoted you on the one post that said, "We choose our Gods" And somehow it ended up just quoting your signature, so it was a mistake. I know it is your sig. but quoting that was a mistake is what I was trying to say, get it?

You said you were quoting the post that said "We choose our own gods.". If you had been clear from the start, I would've understood what you meant.

Rather then going into another discussion, I have a question for you. Have you ever tried to see if God exists?

Aside from having been raised a believer and praying every night? Nope.

That is true but then again. I don't get how anyone could not have the common sense to believe in good and bad.

It's not about common sense. The basis of morality is empathy. Psychopaths feel no empathy, so they don't believe in good and bad. They believe in themselves above all others, like your god does.

Do you know what sin is? Sin is a bad doing, a bad act, an evil act.

We have words for those without the supernatural connotations. I'll give you a hint as to what they are: they're the words you typed in the quote above.

Murder is defiantly a sin. It is written in Gods law, "though shall not kill."

Yeah... Except all those parts where YHWH himself slaughters countless millions and orders the deaths of pretty much the entire planet.

All of these things, sloth, envy, rage, can all lead to hurting people and ourselves easily. That is the whole reason why God does not like it and that is the whole reason why it is bad in the first place.

Wearing mixed fabrics is a sin too, you know. How does that lead to hurting ourselves and others easily?

My goodness, can you please stop putting words in my mouth.

I am putting words in nobody's mouth. That's what you said in another thread. I can quote it for you, if you'd like.
Tell me, why do you lie? I'm pretty sure "bear no false witness" is in the Bible.

I do care about these people, that is why I pray for them.

Prayer... Making yourself feel good for not helping.
If you really cared, you'd get off your ass and help them.

And the fact that you even think that it's "bs" means that you're never going to understand why these things happen.

I do understand them, since I don't blame everything on a "higher purpose", as if mocking the sick.

It can have a great impact on other people and themselves, they can be healed 1 year later, 2 years later, God had a plan for every individual. He heals and lets things happen for certain things to happen in the future. And he will especially heal if they too pray, and a lot of other people as well. The power of prayer is big.

Prayer has been shown, invariably, to fail. In fact, one study showed that people who were prayed for fared worse than those who weren't.

And how exactly are you helping them then??? If you're not a doctor and you don't want to pray because you think its, "bs", then how exactly are you doing everything you can to help them?

I'm a student of engineering physics. If you're alive in about thirty years, which is when I think I'll achieve at least one of my goals, you'll get the news of what I'm doing to help. If I cannot achieve even one of my goals, I will work on them until the day I die. At the very least, I will lay down the groundwork for the improvement of this planet, and not just the humans that live on it.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2014, 04:18:09 AM »
That is the whole reason why God does not like it and that is the whole reason why it is bad in the first place.

Things are "bad", because some humans wrote that things were "bad", because doing them was counterproductive to their stone age society.

You will find that you will defend most of God's laws, because you agree with them, not because you have any evidence that God made them.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2014, 04:20:43 AM »
God is good, if you plan to be around for a while, can you tell us what brand of Christian you are?

Liberal/Creationist
Catholic/Protestant
Fruitcake, etc.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2014, 04:21:16 AM »
Why did your god do the following things then:
Create imperfect, corruptible humans
Create evil, while knowing that said evil would corrupt the corruptible humans
Cast out the humans and curse them with pain and death
Summon bears to rip apart children who dared make fun of a bald prophet
Drown (almost) everything and everyone because the evil was too much to fix
Allow Satan to fuck with Job in order to win a bet
Allow himself to be crucified to himself while asking himself why he had forsaken himself
Say that the Earth was flat
Say that the sky is a dome or tent

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. I will now wait for you to dodge the issue at hand.

God did not create us imperfect at first, have you read the first chapter of the Bible?

God is not the one that created evil. It was actually Satan who created the first rebellion against God. He left God because he wanted to be God, but God didn't let him so he left him. Evil is rebellion against good, that's what it is. That's what Satan did, he went and tricked Adam Eve into eating the forbidden fruit and that is how humans and the world became imperfect.

God does not, "cast out", anyone. God had his son die for our sins so we don't have to live an eternity without him. God warned us over and over again on what's going to happen to us if we do not accept him. Since God is life, you would be rejecting the only chance for you to be with him again and basically would be accepting death since that is the naturally the opposite of life.

God has to do to what he has to do in order to cleanse the world from evil. The reason why he made the flood is because the world got really really bad and he wanted to cleanse. If he hadn't done that, there would be no, "21st century,"- heck there would be no 15th century. The world would have gotten so bad if he hadn't done that.

Give me the verse on the whole,"Satan fucked Job," thing.

Jesus is God in the flesh. I think that he asked his Father that because he was in the form of a man. And he was like, "Why." Which is typical of what a man would say to their own Father. But in the end, he did say that it was done.

Where does it say that the Earth is flat?

Isn't the sky a dome shape? If you look at the Earth, it is a sphere. So the sky is a dome shape.

Wrong.
quote author=Isaiah 45:7
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.
Tell me, have you ever, in your life, cracked open a Bible and read it? Not just the parts people tell you to read; I mean all of it.

-_- omgosh. I am not talking about literal darkness here. I'm talking about darkness= evil. Of course God created the night. When he means by these things, he means that he has power. When he does make these things happen, for example: the plague in Egypt. God was basically forced to do that in order to set his people free. God/Moses warned and warned Ramses what was going to come if he didn't let them go, and he was soo stubborn and prideful that he didn't. God had to do those things, like I said...God knows the outcome of everything. So he literally had to do all of that to have is people let go, and it worked. Ramses did let them go and if you actually think about it, it was Ramses fault for all of that happening in the first place.

And that example goes for everything else God did. When he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, it was because of how disgusting and sinful it was getting, and he warned and warned the people to stop. But they did not care and continued to steal from others, to have sex without marriage, to rape others, to do everything that is basically sinful. And so he did what he said he was going to do in order to not spread the evil further. It also never says anywhere that God likes to do these things. In fact, I think God really hates it when he has to do these things, but these people literally make him do it in order for him to have his greater outcome happen. So actually, I have read the Bible buddy. :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:24:11 AM by God is good »

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2014, 04:23:14 AM »
Quote from: Isaiah 45:7

-_- omgosh. I am not talking about literal darkness here. I'm talking about darkness= evil.

Until you read what I quoted in full, I will not reply to you any more. I will, however, proceed to smite you whenever I see fit.
We choose our own gods.

Offline God is good

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-10
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2014, 04:27:47 AM »
God is good, if you plan to be around for a while, can you tell us what brand of Christian you are?

Liberal/Creationist
Catholic/Protestant
Fruitcake, etc.

What are you talking about by, what "brand " am I? There is only one way to follow Jesus. There is only one way of being a Christan. I'm a regular Christian. Christian means to follow Christ. To follow Christ means to devote your life to him. I free willingly pray, and love God/Jesus.