Author Topic: Why Exactly Does Biblegod Hate Homosexuals?  (Read 3816 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Why Exactly Does Biblegod Hate Homosexuals?
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2014, 02:52:54 PM »
It's still being researched, but I'd guess that it has both a genetic component and an environmental component.  I doubt that it's socially driven, in the sense that someone's upbringing can substantially determine it, but more likely a chemical switch that activates a gene sequence under certain conditions such as high population density.

See, but that doesn't explain bisexuality or heterosexuality. What causes heterosexuality and bisexuality? Surely all sexualities (maybe even a lack of sexual preference, AKA asexuality) must have a similar if not coinciding origin, right?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »
I'm asexual. it is so much better than having sex and all the sex related BS. it like a great weight has been lifted and i can actually be a friend to people and not be messy up the deal by sex. btw i am perfectly functional just had a personal revelation that hey i don't have to have sex to be normal so i avoid now when it gets offered and i don't chase it. .

i think non sexual is a better word than asexual.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:44:46 PM by eh! »
Signature goes here...

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »
I'm asexual.
<snip>

LOLNO.
I buy that as much as I buy Samuelxcs's (an old member who hasn't posted here in a long time) claim that he was asexual. You've posted on several occasions asking how to get a woman in bed with you, and he posted about women he thought were attractive. If asexual means you want to have sex and/or find other people sexually attractive, then we really need to redefine the term.
Regardless, why is nonsexual better than asexual? The prefix "a" means the exact same thing as "non".
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Online Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +33/-115
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »
What causes homosexuality?

It's still being researched, but I'd guess that it has both a genetic component and an environmental component.  I doubt that it's socially driven, in the sense that someone's upbringing can substantially determine it, but more likely a chemical switch that activates a gene sequence under certain conditions such as high population density.

So if someone wanted to study a perfect male specimen to define what it is to be masculine, then would not a male heterosexual specimen be optimal?
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10

Offline Don_Quixote

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »

So if someone wanted to study a perfect male specimen to define what it is to be masculine, then would not a male heterosexual specimen be optimal?

What is a "perfect" man?

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2014, 04:00:45 PM »
OOA you don't know shit. if you want me to spell it out in simple language pm me..
Signature goes here...

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +107/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2014, 04:06:27 PM »

There are scientific studies of the homosexual male brain,turns out sections of the brains studied look like female brains in certain sections....should be easy to google it
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2014, 04:27:03 PM »
OOA you don't know shit. if you want me to spell it out in simple language pm me..

Gotcha. You're lying. Otherwise you'd "humiliate" me in front of everyone. Go ahead, explain why an asexual, who feels no sexual attraction to anyone, can desire to have sex, which requires sexual attraction.
We choose our own gods.

Online Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +33/-115
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »

What is a "perfect" man?

That's what I'm asking.  What sort of specimen would you want?
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »
OOA, humiliate you? Yr doing a good job on yr own why do you need help from me.
Signature goes here...

Online Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +28/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2014, 04:47:40 PM »
Are you equating masculinity and "straightness"?
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2014, 04:52:35 PM »
And metrosexuals hardly traditionally masculine, straight?
Signature goes here...

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2014, 05:06:40 PM »

What is a "perfect" man?

That's what I'm asking.  What sort of specimen would you want?

I suggest backing up a little bit further and explaining what this is supposed to mean? The only interpretation I can apply makes this utterly subjective, and thus utterly pointless. The very question itself is so open to interpretation any response would be meaningless.

Three influence off the top of my head - era, language, culture..... I could keep going.

"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2014, 05:24:10 PM »

There is no such thing as a 'perfect male specimen', that definition is subjective. If someone wanted to study 'a perfect male specimen', then that particular person would have to decide what qualities they themselves want to see.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »
Not sayin I'm perfect but many others would even if it causes the men a mixture of envy and admiration and the wimmins to swoon and gush.
Signature goes here...

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2014, 05:41:35 PM »
^^^^I would agree that "perfect male specimen" would be highly culturally defined.

In ancient Greece the perfect male might be a man whose closest love and intimate partner was his soldier buddy, but who also had a wife and kids to produce a family. In the 21st century US, many people would consider him bisexual.

One thing for sure, the characteristics that we in the 21st century US associate most closely with "male" or "straight" do not make sense in other cultures. Men from southeast Asia have effeminate mannerisms and styles of dress that get them tagged as "gay" in the US. Pacific Islander men weighing 300lbs wear wrap skirts and sandals. North African and Middle Eastern men who condemn as un-Islamic all things "gay" are simultaneously holding hands and kissing one another. While wearing pastel shirts and tight white pants.

And my husband's best friend is a burly, barrel-chested bearded lumberjack of a man. He and his equally macho-appearing husband just finished building a beautiful state of the art cabin in the woods.

Any or all of these men could be considered the "perfect male specimen" by an alien who wanted to take a sample to the home planet. And why not?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2014, 05:48:59 PM »
^^^^I would agree that "perfect male specimen" would be highly culturally defined.

In ancient Greece the perfect male might be a man whose closest love and intimate partner was his soldier buddy, but who also had a wife and kids to produce a family. In the 21st century US, many people would consider him bisexual.

One thing for sure, the characteristics that we in the 21st century US associate most closely with "male" or "straight" do not make sense in other cultures. Men from southeast Asia have effeminate mannerisms and styles of dress that get them tagged as "gay" in the US. Pacific Islander men weighing 300lbs wear wrap skirts and sandals. North African and Middle Eastern men who condemn as un-Islamic all things "gay" are simultaneously holding hands and kissing one another. While wearing pastel shirts and tight white pants.

And my husband's best friend is a burly, barrel-chested bearded lumberjack of a man. He and his equally macho-appearing husband just finished building a beautiful state of the art cabin in the woods.

Any or all of these men could be considered the "perfect male specimen" by an alien who wanted to take a sample to the home planet. And why not?

You forget us Scotsmen; we love drinking gallons of whisky, fighting and wearing skirts. And we usually do them all at the same time too.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Online Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +33/-115
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
I said you are trying to study masculinity.  What sort of specimen would you want?

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2014, 05:54:12 PM »
I said you are trying to study masculinity.  What sort of specimen would you want?

Quite obviously one that is totally masculine; one that shuns anything feminine; a gay man in other words.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2014, 06:06:36 PM »

Quite obviously one that is totally masculine; one that shuns anything feminine; a gay man in other words.

Can't get much manlier than a man who never associates with anyone but men! ;D

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »

If you want a masculine stereotype: tall, conventionally handsome, broad-shouldered, strong jaw, ladies swoon for him, there's always Rock Hudson.

D'oh!

I think you have to be more specific in what you want here. There are masculine-appearing gay men and effeminate-appearing straight men. Are you wanting a masculine-appearing straight man? Like a Tom Selleck or [you made me go there] Chris Hemsworth?

Okay, Tom Hiddleston is a good example of masculinity, too. Don't know if he is gay or not.

Cold water bucket, please.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2014, 06:19:17 PM »

*dumps liquid helium onto nogodsforme*
You may feel a slight freezing and dying sensation, as well as superconductivity.
We choose our own gods.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2014, 06:42:03 PM »

*dumps liquid helium onto nogodsforme*
You may feel a slight freezing and dying sensation, as well as superconductivity.

Whew! Thanks. Not a moment too soon. I blame Jst for forcing me to think about wonderful specimens of masculine pulchritude from super hero movies. All his fault. I think the devil made him do it. And the devil made Flip Wilson buy that dress.

Online Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +33/-115
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2014, 06:51:24 PM »
Oh what am I asking.  Answering that wouldn't be politically correct. 

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2014, 07:08:27 PM »
Oh what am I asking.  Answering that wouldn't be politically correct.

I honestly don't know what you want here in terms of a "perfect masculine specimen". Is it an ultra manly man in looks, behavior, or biology?  A man who is super straight and has sex with a lot of women, like Mick Jagger or that basketball player whose name I just forgot? An Olympic weight lifter with extra chromosomes?  A man with a super high sperm count? A man with an extra testicle?

Or a statistically average human male earthling: straight, Chinese, 5'9" tall, flat feet, aged 37, 2-yr college graduate, lower middle income, married 10 years with 1 child aged 8, no prison record, two unpaid parking tickets, leans Buddhist, smoker, does tai chi, likes Celine Dion, has a slight gambling addiction?

Gay men are, worldwide statistically in the minority, is that your point? So are handsome men, tall men, short men, atheist men, fat men, intelligent men and stupid men. Albino men, very black-skinned men and billionaires are also in the minority.

Again, what is the point you are trying to make? :-\

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-39
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2014, 07:23:42 PM »
^ Oh listen to you and yr complexity, theists want simple answers to complex questions....that's why they are theists.

lolol extra testicle.... now that is manly.
Signature goes here...

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2014, 08:04:18 PM »

How could I possibly derive any conclusions on a topic as ambiguously identified as "masculinity" from a single specimen? Who gets to define the "masculinity" I'd be studying?

And if your answer is that I would be defining it, I'd begin by not being so foolish as to assume that there is a single representation of "masculinity" in the first place. If I were for some strange reason to decide to undertake an ill-defined study such as this, the next thing I would do is request clarification because this makes no sense as written.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2014, 08:06:58 PM »
i think non sexual is a better word than asexual.

The two (non-sexual and asexual) aren't the same thing. When my husband and I started dating he was "non-sexual". He didn't want to have sex; however he wasn't asexual because he found me attractive. If you wish to just not have sex but still find a girl attractive and want to get in her pants but just don't want the no strings attached casual sex that comes with it, that would be nonsexual. But if you are just not sexually attracted to anyone that would be asexual.

This:
I'm asexual. it is so much better than having sex and all the sex related BS. it like a great weight has been lifted and i can actually be a friend to people and not be messy up the deal by sex. btw i am perfectly functional just had a personal revelation that hey i don't have to have sex to be normal so i avoid now when it gets offered and i don't chase it. .

doesn't sound anywhere near what an asexual person would feel. i don't think an asexual person would have any revelation about not having sex.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2014, 08:37:24 PM »
It sounds like you chose to be celibate, whether you would use that word yourself or not. You decided that sex wasn't worth the hassles that came with it, so you stopped having sex.