Author Topic: Why Exactly Does Biblegod Hate Homosexuals?  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Why Exactly Does Biblegod Hate Homosexuals?
« on: June 28, 2014, 02:56:01 PM »
What's the deal with Biblegod's hatred of gay people? He's ok with slavery but hates two men or women loving each other? What precisely does he have against this? I've heard it's because Biblegod wants us to reproduce; so does he also hate single people? People that biologically can't have children? Old people that marry and can't have kids? Married couples that can have kids but choose not to?

Now to me it's simple; as gods don't exist, this is just bronze age tribesmen not liking something without knowing why.

So theists; what precisely is wrong with homosexuality? Why do you think your god doesn't like it? Imagine some concrete evidence could be shown to you to prove your god doesn't exist; would you still dislike homosexuality and why?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Why Exactly Does Biblegod Hate Homosexuals?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »
BM.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
Sex is not to be enjoyed,it is for the sole purpose of procreation. Homosexuality does not lead to procreation (takes off theists cap)
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 08:42:42 PM »
Sex is not to be enjoyed,it is for the sole purpose of procreation. Homosexuality does not lead to procreation (takes off theists cap)

Actually, Catholics (at least) will disagree with this. Sex can be enjoyed, just as long as it is between a man and a woman who are legally married in the church.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 10:38:47 PM »
Shit's about to hit the fan again. Good topic.
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +61/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 10:53:13 PM »
homosexuality is an unnatural act theistically speaking...

bishop spong has written some good articles on the topic. one analysis (not linked) portrays Paul as a homosexual guy still in the closet.

have not read this one past first paragraph, feel free to summarize it;

http://johnshelbyspong.com/sample-essays/homosexuality/

here is last paragraph - my bold

To the leaders of the Churches today I say: “Stop playing ecclesiastical games. Compromising truth never serves the cause of unity. The call of Christ is not to be all things to all people. The time for negotiating and compromising is over. It matters not if you are the Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury or one of the heads of the various national and international bodies of Christians around the world, both the moral integrity of the Christ you claim to serve and your ability to speak for Christ on any other issue are at stake. There is no room for waffling on this moral imperative. The idea that you will allow politicians to advocate placing discrimination against homosexual persons into the Constitution of this country, while your voices are either in agreement or remain deafeningly silent, is an embarrassment. If it takes a split in the body of Christ to make this generation understand that homosexuality, like slavery, is a non-debatable, moral issue, then for God’s sake, for Christ’s sake, you must be willing to pay that price.”
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:55:13 PM by eh! »
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 01:40:32 AM »
What's the deal with Biblegod's hatred of gay people? He's ok with slavery but hates two men or women loving each other? What precisely does he have against this? I've heard it's because Biblegod wants us to reproduce; so does he also hate single people? People that biologically can't have children? Old people that marry and can't have kids? Married couples that can have kids but choose not to?

Now to me it's simple; as gods don't exist, this is just bronze age tribesmen not liking something without knowing why.

So theists; what precisely is wrong with homosexuality? Why do you think your god doesn't like it? Imagine some concrete evidence could be shown to you to prove your god doesn't exist; would you still dislike homosexuality and why?

Actually, the fact that the Bible speaks against homosexuality is part of what proves that it is of divine origin.

Think about it logically. if there truly was no God, then they would have just said, "Yeah there is no God and we see that a lot of people enjoy homosexual sex so let's allow them to keep having it." The fact that they knew something was off about it shows it could not have come from human minds.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 01:47:54 AM »
homosexuality is an unnatural act theistically speaking...

bishop spong has written some good articles on the topic. one analysis (not linked) portrays Paul as a homosexual guy still in the closet.

Woah, boy! Now I've heard it all. These crazy conspiracy theories from the non-believers are hilarious.

Nobody mentions this in the past 2,000 years of history then all of a sudden Joe-Nobody pops up and says "He was a homosexual" and expects to be taken seriously?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +61/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 01:55:09 AM »
Bishop is hardly a nobody. who is skeptic?
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 01:59:24 AM »
Bishop is hardly a nobody. who is skeptic?

Where is he coming up with this? Who is filling his head with it?

Offline eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +61/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 02:11:00 AM »
http://www.gayheroes.com/paul.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/02/02/nyregion/was-st-paul-gay-claim-stirs-fury.html

and so on. the literature and debate is quiet vast. you need to get out of the closet dude.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:13:48 AM by eh! »
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 02:19:15 AM »
http://www.gayheroes.com/paul.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/02/02/nyregion/was-st-paul-gay-claim-stirs-fury.html

and so on. the literature and debate is quiet vast. you need to get out of the closet dude.

Pure nonsense. The first link uses 1 Cor 7:1 to try and "prove" Paul was against sex but that is clearly not the case when we look at the context:

7 1 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

He is saying it's not good to have sex with people you aren't married to. He wasn't condemning sex. Did this bishop ever read the full context or is he just promoting an agenda and hoping everyone else will never look up the true context?

Verses 4 and 5 also show that men and women are equal creatures with equal worth and value. Hardly a modern day principle.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 02:39:56 AM »
Think about it logically. if there truly was no God, then they would have just said, "Yeah there is no God and we see that a lot of people enjoy homosexual sex so let's allow them to keep having it." The fact that they knew something was off about it shows it could not have come from human minds.

Woah, boy! Now I've heard it all. These crazy conspiracy theories from the believers are hilarious.

Are you saying that if there was definitive proof that no gods existed, more people would choose a homosexual lifestyle? Then how do you explain xians who go to church and pray and all that tripe, still engaging in homosexual relationships? No, wait, don't bother, I already know what your ignorant, spiteful reply will be: "They're not true christians!" Dude, you are soooooo predictable.

And please, stop using the word 'logic'. You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 07:11:11 AM »

Actually, the fact that the Bible speaks against homosexuality is part of what proves that it is of divine origin.

Actually, the fact that the Bible speaks against wearing two different types of fabric is part of what proves that it is of divine origin.

Think about it logically. if there truly was no God, then they would have just said, "Yeah there is no God and we see that a lot of people enjoy wearing clothing made from two different types of fabric so let's allow them to keep doing it." The fact that they knew something was off about it shows it could not have come from human minds.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 07:14:56 AM »
I have yet to see any reasonable reason as to why homosexuality is deemed bad by Christians. So far we seem to only get the view that 'the bible says its wrong'; but why is it? It seems to me that Christians are using the morally flawed Nuremburg Trials defence of "Ve are only following orders".

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 07:18:37 AM »
I have yet to see any reasonable reason as to why homosexuality is deemed bad by Christians. So far we seem to only get the view that 'the bible says its wrong'; but why is it? It seems to me that Christians are using the morally flawed Nuremburg Trials defence of "Ve are only following orders".

Quote from: Socrates
Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 07:22:06 AM »
Precisely. Christians have gone down the road of "If our god says it's morally right to rape children, then it's morally right to rape children."

I'd still be interested to hear any Christians state why exactly they themselves think homosexuality is 'wrong'.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 08:22:14 AM »

Woah, boy! Now I've heard it all. These crazy conspiracy theories from the believers are hilarious.

Are you saying that if there was definitive proof that no gods existed, more people would choose a homosexual lifestyle? Then how do you explain xians who go to church and pray and all that tripe, still engaging in homosexual relationships? No, wait, don't bother, I already know what your ignorant, spiteful reply will be: "They're not true christians!" Dude, you are soooooo predictable.

And please, stop using the word 'logic'. You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.
not to mention the kiddie fucking priests
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »
Joe-Nobody pops up... and expects to be taken seriously?

There's a whole forest that skepdude keeps overlooking because he's too busty staring at the trees.

It's clear that both his irony-meter and his hypocrisy-meter are in desperate need of recalibration.

skep, I suggest again you hypocrite - GO PROTEST POLYESTER IF YOU EXPECT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:37:24 AM by Jag »
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »
I forgot to clear something up. God does not "hate" homosexuals anymore than he "hates" any other sinner.

He just wants them to repent of their ways and ask for forgiveness and go to heaven.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 11:33:47 AM »
Precisely. Christians have gone down the road of "If our god says it's morally right to rape children, then it's morally right to rape children."

I'd still be interested to hear any Christians state why exactly they themselves think homosexuality is 'wrong'.

Ah, but if God did that, then God would be Satan. See how that works? It would be Satan masquerading as God if "God" actually said that.

Since goodness is God's nature, there is no way God would ever say that rape is good. Euthrypo is a false dilemma.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2014, 11:35:08 AM »

Preaching to the choir here.

Still think the Catholic Church isn't run by demons?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 11:37:49 AM »
There's a whole forest that skepdude keeps overlooking because he's too busty staring at the trees.

It's clear that both his irony-meter and his hypocrisy-meter are in desperate need of recalibration.

skep, I suggest again you hypocrite - GO PROTEST POLYESTER IF YOU EXPECT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

I am sorry but it appears that some of you guys simply just do not get it.

The laws of fabric were in the OT, correct? Jesus did away with those laws.

Now you will say, "Aha! But skep! The verse against homosexuality is in the OT too! Does that mean you can throw it out?"
To which I would reply, "No, because Paul condemns homosexuality in the NT. Had Paul condemned clothing of mixed fabric, you can bet your bottom dollar that we Christians would be following that as well."

Another attempt at a "Gotcha, Skep!" has failed.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 11:41:33 AM »

I am sorry but it appears that some of you guys simply just do not get it.

The laws of fabric were in the OT, correct? Jesus did away with those laws.

Now you will say, "Aha! But skep! The verse against homosexuality is in the OT too! Does that mean you can throw it out?"
To which I would reply, "No, because Paul condemns homosexuality in the NT. Had Paul condemned clothing of mixed fabric, you can bet your bottom dollar that we Christians would be following that as well."

Another attempt at a "Gotcha, Skep!" has failed.
so,Skep it's only taboo if they mention it in the NT.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 11:44:26 AM »

Preaching to the choir here.

Still think the Catholic Church isn't run by demons?
hiding people from the law is one thing,given evidence they should have been charged and imprisoned for their actions,why have they remained free is the better question .

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »

Yes.

OT, Jews. NT, Christians.

Up until the NT, the OT was still on the table. Then, Jesus took it off the table when he fulfilled the law. Christianity 101.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »
But only if not mentioned in the NT,RIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Online jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2014, 12:06:35 PM »

Yes.

OT, Jews. NT, Christians.

Up until the NT, the OT was still on the table. Then, Jesus took it off the table when he fulfilled the law. Christianity 101.

Indeed, Christianity cannot exist without the OT. Throw out the laws, but keep the, ahem...prophecy....what a joke.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »
Indeed, Christianity cannot exist without the OT. Throw out the laws, but keep the, ahem...prophecy....what a joke.

Lots of prophecies have been fulfilled. The problem is that the ones that have not yet been fulfilled have been dubbed "Failed" by the atheists.