Author Topic: Nowhere to Run and Hide  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +185/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
Re: Nowhere to Run and Hide
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2014, 03:27:03 PM »
I'm dropping out of this conversation, because at this point, I can't even figure out WTF we're talking about.

And junebug, you have GOT to get over thinking that at the US = everywhere on the planet.

Yea that's because a few people have side railed this thread.
That's not what I was noticing.

The topic is no where to run or hide.  I honestly don't think that's why you're leaving.  I gave you an inarguable rebuttal. 

You're welcome to think so. I considered my decision to drop out without addressing your last post to me to be an act of kindness.

Us as in United States or Us everybody in the world.  Us here at WWGHA.  Who is US?
I'm quite sure I said "the US" - and no, I don't think that was ambiguous at all.

The human race is everybody on the planet.

Then you should stop citing things that are applicable to the US in response to my points that are global. THIS is why I'm dropping out.

Well, that, and apparently we're discussing the fate of the human race when the sun blows up in 4.5 billion years. I expect us to be long since absent from Earth by then, so there's no point in me participating. I misunderstood the point of the discussion, you clarified your intent somewhere on the previous page and I thought it would be better to acknowledge my departure than to just leave.
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2014, 03:42:13 AM »
Which means we are left with just two options[1].

1) Move nobody to another planet.
2) Move some people to another planet.

It seems you are saying that (1) is the more moral option - is that correct?
 1. Assuming that this planet is no longer viable.

So no it's still disgusting to me that you don't even try to think of ways to save us all.  How eagerly you accept the death of billions. 

So your answer is.....which?  1 or 2?  (Incidentally, did you see the footnote to my question?)

Please define abuse. 

Well, telling him that he "eagerly accepts the death of billions" probably qualifies.

In this thread, yes - that's what I was referring to.  Especially with the footnote in that post, where I made clear that the question (that I thought we were debating) was "Assuming that this planet is no longer viable".

If the planet IS no longer viable, then I see nothing wrong with saving SOME.  What I honestly don't understand is whether you agree with that, or feel that if not everyone can be saved, then nobody whould be?

I am quite sure you are giving me a hard time and just don't like me pointing it out.  I am precise with my words.  You are the one that tries to twist them into meaning something else.

You're still trying to discredit me instead of comprehending my impeccable words.  I'm saying them as simple as I can. 

I have no doubt at all that your meaning is quite clear inside your head, as it is for all of us.  We all know, inside ourselves, exactly what we mean.  Issues only arise when we try to convey that meaning to others - and at that point the focus shifts, and the only person who can say if the words used were correct is the person/s at the receiving end.  If they do not understand, then the message is not being clearly conveyed.  Which means the person communicating has a choice.  They can clarify, redefine, use different words, try another tack and answer questions.  Or, they can say "I know I'm being clear, the fault is with all of you".

Sometimes, the latter is justified.  If one person doesn't get it, and dozens do, then chances are the fault lies with the one (although there may still be an argument for rephrasing the message).

But if nearly everyone is saying "we don't get it, what do you mean", then the likelihood is that the issue lies with the person trying to convey the message.  This DOES NOT mean that there is anything wrong with the message that they themselves understand, and WANT to convey - just that there is an issue with the way they present it.

Everyone can always improve their communication style - if they want to.

The problem is you guys can't admit when you are wrong. 

Can you?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2014, 04:13:30 AM »
I respond a lot nicer than atheist do to Christians.  It's not the questions it's stuff like this:

I do not think you DO understand
  after I said I do.  I task I'm not afraid to attempt because it's right.

I hate wasting time constructing responses that are wasted because the other person then says "no, that wasn't what I meant at all".
who the hell you talking about.  Not me. 

[/quote]

So far as I could see, there were two posts of mine in your response.  I'll cover them in a moment.

Do you want me to apologise for how other people treat you?  I wonder, do you apologise for how other people treat me?  I'm sure we both feel bad that the other person may be being badly treated, but do we take responsibility for the actions of others?  I don't think so.

I can see how your feeling that everyone is attacking you will make you feel bad.  But does it mean therefore that EVERYONE is attacking you?  Does it mean that the people who aren't attacking you should be treated the same as the people who are?

But to look at my posts, that you are unhappy with.

When you first said this, I wan't sure if you knew or not.  So I asked some questions to determine how far you did understand, asking about the amount of fuel needed, and about the number of meterials required.  You replied:

I think in 2 million years we will know.  I can't remember the type of fuel they were using on that documentary but it was smart.  Little burst would take you quite far.

A large part of the ship is a green house, not metal. 

You implied that it would take millions of years for us to be able to do it.
You couldn't tell me what fuel would be used, or how much was needed.
You didn't tell me how much material would be needed, the square footage and so on.  Just that a lot of it would be glass, not metal.

I apologise if it upset you when I said I didn't think you understood.  But please understand that nothing you have said, before or since, has given me any evidence to come to accept that you do understand.  Everything you have SAID leads me towards the conclusion that you do not.

- - -

I hate wasting time constructing responses that are wasted because the other person then says "no, that wasn't what I meant at all".

But that is the impression I get from what you post.  The fact that I have to spend post after post trying to nail down exactly what you mean so that I DON'T make a post that doesn't address what you mean.  Case in point - Utopia thread.  On 27th, you said:
Companies making more money should pay more. 
On 28th you refined that to
a good worker making you lots of money deserves a piece of the pie. 
...which I agree with.

Let's take a time machine to the 27th, and imagine what COULD have been the exchange.....
Anfauglir - So if a company starts making money then every employee should see their wages go up the same?  Same increase for the guy who comes in ealry, goes home late, and works his socks off every day, as for the worker who always comes in five minutes late, and does the bare minimum not to get laid off?  They should get the same increase?  That's a dumb idea.
Junebug - no, I'm not saying that - I'm saying that a good worker making you lots of money deserves a piece of the pie. 
Anfauglir - oh, I see.  But you didn't say that.

No matter what I do, it isn't right for you.

If I keep questioning to find out what it is you really mean, then I'm in the wrong.
If I go with what I think you mean, I'll likely be in the wrong.
If I challenge the clarity of your posts, I'm in the wrong.

It feels like the ONLY way that I will be in the "right" with you, is if I respond to your every post with "great post, Junebug!".  I feel that that would be a waste of both your time and mine.

It's why I feel it would probably be best if I stop engaging with you, because I don't believe that you want to hear my honest responses to what you are saying - so what is the point in me saying them?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2014, 08:12:12 AM »
I'm dropping out of this conversation, because at this point, I can't even figure out WTF we're talking about.

And junebug, you have GOT to get over thinking that at the US = everywhere on the planet.

Yea that's because a few people have side railed this thread.
That's not what I was noticing.

The topic is no where to run or hide.  I honestly don't think that's why you're leaving.  I gave you an inarguable rebuttal. 

You're welcome to think so. I considered my decision to drop out without addressing your last post to me to be an act of kindness.

Us as in United States or Us everybody in the world.  Us here at WWGHA.  Who is US?
I'm quite sure I said "the US" - and no, I don't think that was ambiguous at all.

The human race is everybody on the planet.

Then you should stop citing things that are applicable to the US in response to my points that are global. THIS is why I'm dropping out.

Well, that, and apparently we're discussing the fate of the human race when the sun blows up in 4.5 billion years. I expect us to be long since absent from Earth by then, so there's no point in me participating. I misunderstood the point of the discussion, you clarified your intent somewhere on the previous page and I thought it would be better to acknowledge my departure than to just leave.

It's not arguable; my POV.  That's why you're all so frustrated and taking desperate attempts to discredit me which only discredits you. 

The them here is nowhere to run and Hide.  Can you help me find an escape from any type of Earth ending scenario?  One that is morally acceptable? 

I do not think it's kind to say what you want and just go away.  Especially w/o taking a few blows while you're at it.

I have not cited things particular to the U.S..  I have been speaking of the world the whole dog gone time.  That is your delusion so you think you are right.  So you don't have to admit that JB has wisdom.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:14:04 AM by junebug72 »
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2014, 08:13:18 AM »
So you don't have to admit that JB has wisdom.

EDIT #2: Bold mine for emphasis.
EDIT: I dare you to even define "wisdom" in a clear, concise manner.
EDIT #3: The first step to having wisdom is knowing what the fuck you're talking about.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:26:55 AM by One Above All »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2014, 08:34:49 AM »

So far as I could see, there were two posts of mine in your response.  I'll cover them in a moment.

Do you want me to apologise for how other people treat you?  I wonder, do you apologise for how other people treat me?  I'm sure we both feel bad that the other person may be being badly treated, but do we take responsibility for the actions of others?  I don't think so.

I can see how your feeling that everyone is attacking you will make you feel bad.  But does it mean therefore that EVERYONE is attacking you?  Does it mean that the people who aren't attacking you should be treated the same as the people who are?

But to look at my posts, that you are unhappy with.

When you first said this, I wan't sure if you knew or not.  So I asked some questions to determine how far you did understand, asking about the amount of fuel needed, and about the number of meterials required.  You replied:

You implied that it would take millions of years for us to be able to do it.
You couldn't tell me what fuel would be used, or how much was needed.
You didn't tell me how much material would be needed, the square footage and so on.  Just that a lot of it would be glass, not metal.

I apologise if it upset you when I said I didn't think you understood.  But please understand that nothing you have said, before or since, has given me any evidence to come to accept that you do understand.  Everything you have SAID leads me towards the conclusion that you do not.

- - -

But that is the impression I get from what you post.  The fact that I have to spend post after post trying to nail down exactly what you mean so that I DON'T make a post that doesn't address what you mean.  Case in point - Utopia thread.  On 27th, you said:

On 28th you refined that to

a good worker making you lots of money deserves a piece of the pie. 

...which I agree with.

Let's take a time machine to the 27th, and imagine what COULD have been the exchange.....
Anfauglir - So if a company starts making money then every employee should see their wages go up the same?  Same increase for the guy who comes in ealry, goes home late, and works his socks off every day, as for the worker who always comes in five minutes late, and does the bare minimum not to get laid off?  They should get the same increase?  That's a dumb idea.
Junebug - no, I'm not saying that - I'm saying that a good worker making you lots of money deserves a piece of the pie. 
Anfauglir - oh, I see.  But you didn't say that.

No matter what I do, it isn't right for you.

If I keep questioning to find out what it is you really mean, then I'm in the wrong.
If I go with what I think you mean, I'll likely be in the wrong.
If I challenge the clarity of your posts, I'm in the wrong.

It feels like the ONLY way that I will be in the "right" with you, is if I respond to your every post with "great post, Junebug!".  I feel that that would be a waste of both your time and mine.

It's why I feel it would probably be best if I stop engaging with you, because I don't believe that you want to hear my honest responses to what you are saying - so what is the point in me saying them?

I sent you a PM that said quite the opposite.  I value your opinion.  I like the way you make me think about things.

I don't like it when you resort to character assassination with no grounds to win an argument.  It's a smoke screen and derails threads. 

Our past you mentioned was you being nasty to me.  I never reciprocated the disrespect you gave me.  I left it in the past where it belongs.  Advice you have given me plenty of times. ;)

I imagine it is quite difficult to discredit with facts rather than smoke screening.

I have always been super kind to you. 

The post is clear.  To save 2000 rich and upper middle class people out of 15 billion is morally reprehensible.  Actually worse than Armageddon.  At least they try to save you from it.  You can deny the mark and get on God's side.  There is a a way out. 

To sum this up quit blaming me for your weak arguments.  Be a man.  The apologize I deserve is for you side railing this thread with attempts at discrediting my character instead of my POV.

Just because I do not know exact amounts does not mean I can not comprehend the enormity of the task.  I'm sure people all over the world will give up their metals to do what we need to do morally.  Which is save us all.  It also wouldn't hurt to be kind to each other and just see if God exist.  I think that's the only experiment that will prove God's existence.  To love one another.  If so we are protected by God's love and knowledge.  If we love one another and God still doesn't reveal then I would change my mind about it's existence.

I've got to go to DR BBS.

I thought the whole reason for constructive criticism was to improve ideas.  Yet you find fought in me doing so.  Very interesting human behavior indeed.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:45:52 AM by junebug72 »
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2014, 08:45:56 AM »
I want to note that junebug72 still hasn't fixed the quotes in the appropriate post. I know the time for editing has passed, but she can still quote it, remove the outermost tags of the new post, and fix what's left. I also want to note that this is yet more evidence that she is not interested in discourse; only people telling her she's right about everything, or at least people who don't tell her she's wrong, whom she can then proceed to "defeat" in a non-debate.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2014, 08:47:35 AM »
To sum this up quit blaming me for your weak arguments.  Be a man.

I don't recall making any arguments against the premises of your recent threads, just asking questions, so I'm honestly at a loss.  I don't think you're hearing what I am trying to say, and clearly I am not understanding what you want to say, so I don't think there is any point in either of us spending any further time trying.   I will continue to read your posts as I often find them interesting, but I won't be responding.

I wish you all the very best for the future, both on this forum and in "real life".

Online Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +90/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2014, 08:54:21 AM »
I want to note that junebug72 still hasn't fixed the quotes in the appropriate post. I know the time for editing has passed, but she can still quote it, remove the outermost tags of the new post, and fix what's left. I also want to note that this is yet more evidence that she is not interested in discourse; only people telling her she's right about everything, or at least people who don't tell her she's wrong, whom she can then proceed to "defeat" in a non-debate.

It would be nice if someone could fix this and the other misquotes, I can't really tell who is saying what in this thread

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2014, 09:15:22 AM »
Never mind.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:18:54 AM by SevenPatch »
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2014, 09:19:52 AM »
It would be nice if someone could fix this and the other misquotes, I can't really tell who is saying what in this thread

If you're expecting someone *cough*junebug72*cough* to take responsibility for their actions (that is, fix their own mistakes), you might not want to hold your breath.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:25:58 AM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +185/-7
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2014, 08:55:53 PM »
massive snip

Here's a more frank, less polite answer - I have no idea what the hell you are arguing on behalf of, and in light of your earlier remarks about chemo brain, I'm not going to try to figure it out.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2014, 10:05:19 PM »
massive snip

Here's a more frank, less polite answer - I have no idea what the hell you are arguing on behalf of, and in light of your earlier remarks about chemo brain, I'm not going to try to figure it out.

Extremely Low Blow JAG. 

Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
What is chemo brain?
Here are just a few examples of what patients call chemo brain:

Forgetting things that they usually have no trouble recalling (memory lapses)
Trouble concentrating (they can’t focus on what they’re doing, have a short attention span, may “space out”)
Trouble remembering details like names, dates, and sometimes larger events
Trouble multi-tasking, like answering the phone while cooking, without losing track of one task (they are less able to do more than one thing at a time)
Taking longer to finish things (disorganized, slower thinking and processing)
Trouble remembering common words (unable to find the right words to finish a sentence)

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/physicalsideeffects/chemotherapyeffects/chemo-brain

Even with Chemo Brain I whooped butt in this thread. 
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2014, 10:26:07 PM »

If you're expecting someone *cough*junebug72*cough* to take responsibility for their actions (that is, fix their own mistakes), you might not want to hold your breath.

I refuse to reply to ad hominem from this point on.  One you just follow me around starting arguments.  I think you troll me.

It's really bad manners to keep insulting someone that said she was "taking a break".  I over look bad spelling and grammar all the time from the atheist I talk to here.  Nobody is perfect.

I am the bigger better wiser person for doing so.  I'm afraid after this I'm putting you on ignore until you can be civil.
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2014, 10:30:56 PM »
So much for all that holier than thou BS.  I know better.  I know that just pisses you off but oh well.  It's here, every word.
Thomas Paine

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2014, 03:52:52 AM »
I refuse to reply to ad hominem from this point on.

There was no ad hominem in that post. I didn't say you were wrong because you made a mistake. I said you wouldn't fix your mistake in the first place.

One you just follow me around starting arguments.  I think you troll me.

If you and I agreed on matters, it wouldn't happen.[1] This forum is for debate. If you expect me not to debate you, don't make threads outside The Shelter.

It's really bad manners to keep insulting someone that said she was "taking a break".

1: I wasn't insulting you.
2: Why? You were coming back. If you hadn't seen that post, it'd most likely have been the result of circumstance and luck.

I over look bad spelling and grammar all the time from the atheist I talk to here.  Nobody is perfect.

Ah, see, the problem is that you can usually tell, even with bad spelling and grammar, what someone means and you can still reply to them properly. Your post, while fairly readable when it's posted, is nigh-impossible to take apart into what you actually said, since, when posting, you're editing the code of the post.

I am the bigger better wiser person for doing so.

Yes you are. However, this is a completely different situation. I've asked eh! on more than one occasion to fix his spelling and/or learn some English because, sometimes, I simply cannot understand what the fuck he's saying. Even when I think I do, I'm not 100% certain on what he means.
You are a different case. You use words fairly correctly, grammatically speaking, but you don't actually say what you mean - at least not in a way that everyone else can understand - and get pissy whenever someone (Anfauglir, me, and I believe Jag as well, to name a few) asks you to clarify. In my case, you obfuscated, which, to me, indicates that not even you know what you're talking about. Wanna prove me wrong? Explain what you mean by "light" and "dark" in clear, concise terms that are not left up to personal interpretation.

I'm afraid after this I'm putting you on ignore until you can be civil.

And... how exactly will you tell if I'm "being civil", or whatever, if you have me on ignore? How will you even define "being civil"? Actually, scratch that. We both know how that ends. My guess is that "being civil" means "kissing [your] ass for a very long time and give [you] the reaffirmation [you] desire". No dice. I don't kiss ass, and if you're wrong (like you've been in several threads), I will say so. That's called honesty, which trumps putting on kid gloves for someone who, based on her username, is about 42 years old - nearly twice my age. If I can handle not being treated with kid gloves (in fact, I prefer it), so can you... at least according to your logic that older people are wiser. Or are you saying you're wrong? I mean, I know you're wrong, but I want you to know it too. It's how we learn: by being wrong. If we were right all the time, we wouldn't learn anything.
 1. Although I do want to note that we agreed in the "Utopia" thread, but you decided to argue anyway, which I've pointed out.
We choose our own gods.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
blue you a chicken bark bark.  I am only fending off these personal attacks.  All you got is smites cause you ain't got no game.  I'm not a Christian.  I can be just as condescending as any atheist.  Only difference is I don't start it.

I don't take no crap from nobody anymore.  Being nice only gets you so far but I will never be nasty.  Just condescending when necessary to humble a few atheist.
Thomas Paine

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2014, 11:23:15 PM »
blue you a chicken bark bark.  I am only fending off these personal attacks.  All you got is smites cause you ain't got no game.  I'm not a Christian.  I can be just as condescending as any atheist.  Only difference is I don't start it.

I don't take no crap from nobody anymore.  Being nice only gets you so far but I will never be nasty.  Just condescending when necessary to humble a few atheist.
Junebug, relax please. No one here is attacking you. You are making yourself victim of this situation. If we point out the errors in your argument, how is that personal attack?
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Offline blue

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • Not cool, Zeus.
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2014, 03:28:10 AM »

Yawn. You'll be off for a few days, come back and either be super "nice" to everyone for sympathy or pick fights with everyone for sympathy. Then you'll probably post a bunch of woo and be offended when asked for evidence or logic, throw a fit, because you don't want to be like those Christians but you still want your woo and connection to your SPAG. Then you'll declare victory and promise to run off, just to repeat the cycle. I've been watching you post since you started here and it's just the same thing on repeat with you.  So, yawn.

*edited a typo
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:33:57 AM by blue »
There’s no difference between a bunch of theologians sitting around debating scripture than a bunch of D&D nerds sitting around debating which version of the Player’s Handbook to use.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2014, 06:57:02 AM »

Junebug, relax please. No one here is attacking you. You are making yourself victim of this situation. If we point out the errors in your argument, how is that personal attack?

Look people are saying they can't even understand the topic.  It's very simple.  If it isn't right for the religious to leave people behind it is not right for the atheist to do it either. 

I am not a victim.  I am pointing out the weakness and desperation of their replies. 

The remark about chemo brain was a low blow.  That hurt a little bit because of who said it.  Being a poor loser is how I decided someone one say such a thing.

Being harassed about a misquote that I could not find, is petty.  I do ignore a lot of errors from atheist.  Not anymore, just call me the grammar poe poe.  I can usually figure out bad quotes.  It doesn't bother me at all.  If it did I would be specific about it.

I don't claim to be an expert writer.  I do know a little about believing in a God you can not prove.

Have a wonderful day.
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2014, 07:00:39 AM »

Yawn. You'll be off for a few days, come back and either be super "nice" to everyone for sympathy or pick fights with everyone for sympathy. Then you'll probably post a bunch of woo and be offended when asked for evidence or logic, throw a fit, because you don't want to be like those Christians but you still want your woo and connection to your SPAG. Then you'll declare victory and promise to run off, just to repeat the cycle. I've been watching you post since you started here and it's just the same thing on repeat with you.  So, yawn.

*edited a typo

Provide evidence or I will report this post as slander.  I am NOT looking for sympathy.  Shows how much you know about humans. hahaha

This reply is PROOF you have no game.  Pathetic.
Thomas Paine

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2014, 11:17:26 AM »
Look people are saying they can't even understand the topic.  It's very simple.  If it isn't right for the religious to leave people behind it is not right for the atheist to do it either. 

Junebug,

From my perspective, you are comparing apples and oranges.  They are different because of the reason it is not right for the religious who believe in a specific type of god.  The religious who believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing and all-loving god yet believe that some people will be left behind have no morally good reason for people to be left behind.  If their god exists then no one would be left behind because god is powerful enough to do it, has the knowledge to do it and is all loving and therefore would save everyone, so why would people be left behind?  I can't think of any morally good reason.  I don't see how that reason applies to atheists.  There is no all powerful / all loving god to believe will save some but not all. Humans are not all powerful or all knowing.  Some (or most maybe, I don't know) humans may desire to be all loving but it is difficult to achieve.

I don't understand why it is a matter of right and wrong for atheists.  Humans are not gods and thus humans are not capable of saving everyone no matter how much we may want to save everyone.  How is it morally wrong to not do what only a god could do?
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +270/-31
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2014, 11:29:21 AM »
Simple scenario:  There is a single small life-raft available on a sinking ship.  The ship holds 1000 people.  The life-raft can hold at most a dozen.

I don't see it as morally wrong to use the life-raft to save some people.  Junebug would apparently prefer that nobody be saved.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »

I am not a victim.  I am pointing out the weakness and desperation of their replies. 

The remark about chemo brain was a low blow.  That hurt a little bit because of who said it.  Being a poor loser is how I decided someone one say such a thing.

Being harassed about a misquote that I could not find, is petty.  I do ignore a lot of errors from atheist.  Not anymore, just call me the grammar poe poe.  I can usually figure out bad quotes.  It doesn't bother me at all.  If it did I would be specific about it.

I don't claim to be an expert writer. I do know a little about believing in a God you can not prove.

Have a wonderful day.
Bolded. You know a little about believing in a god that I cannot prove?
Doesn't make sense; why would I even try to prove that a god exists? That's your position. If you have come back with some evidence, please don't hold it back.
"God is just and fair"

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »
Problem here in this scenario is everybody would prefer to be one of the dozen
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
Simple scenario:  There is a single small life-raft available on a sinking ship.  The ship holds 1000 people.  The life-raft can hold at most a dozen.

I don't see it as morally wrong to use the life-raft to save some people.  Junebug would apparently prefer that nobody be saved.
"God is just and fair"

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +185/-7
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »

You commented that you were experiencing the symptoms of chemo brain. I've been having a hard time making sense of the thread (as far as I can tell, the topic is about what to do with the remaining humans on Earth in 4.5 billion years when the sun explodes), and in light of your observation that you are experiencing the symptoms of chemo brain I decided not to try to get clarity on the topic.

Thus I'm a poor loser.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-105
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2014, 01:21:03 PM »
I can't think of any morally good reason.

I can.

"Jehovah trieth the righteous; But the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth." (Psalm 11:5)
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10