Author Topic: Nowhere to Run and Hide  (Read 2916 times)

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
Re: Nowhere to Run and Hide
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2014, 12:44:55 PM »
You've been spitting a lot of abuse at me recently, when all I've been trying to do is to try to understand what you mean when you post.
<snip>
If you'd prefer that I didn't engage with you any more, just say the word and I stop responding to you.  It would save me a lot of head and heartache, since all I seem to get these days when I try to understand you is abuse.

Exactly how I felt with the exchange between me and junebug72 in the Utopia thread. I asked her to define a simple term ("light", which was being used metaphorically, hence my trouble with understanding what she meant by it). She said it was the opposite of another term ("dark"). I asked her to define either term in a way that didn't rely on other ill-defined terms. She got pissed and said she wasn't "going to go there with [me]".

Perhaps she and I have too much bad history.  I can see how (what I am trying to phrase as) questions for clarification could come across as combatative.  Maybe there isn't any point in my continuing to join in with threads that she is involved in - a shame, as she comes up with some interesting topics.

I respond a lot nicer than atheist do to Christians.  It's not the questions it's stuff like this:

I doubt you are mentally sound enough..

I do not think you DO understand
  after I said I do.  I task I'm not afraid to attempt because it's right.

I highly doubt that.
  My son is almost 25.  Why would I lie?

Your idea is ridiculous
very condescending.  Not the topic.

Im not calling you ignorant, but you dont understand the enormity of that task.
I do understand.

Bull-fucking-shit.
come on now.  Exactly the defense I would expect from a 18-20 year old, that's hooked.  That's like arguing with a hoarder they should clean up their mess.

Quote from: junebug72 on Today at 09:04:39 AM
You should never under estimate your opponent ONE. 

You make it sound as if you're a threat to me. You're not.
You should never overestimate yourself.

No I didn't.  I don't.  False accusations.

Why did you add Anfauglir's quote to that post if you had no intention of responding to him?
  petty

Those are some impressive contortionists if they can hide in something that has less free space than what is required to store a fetus.
  mockery

You've been spitting a lot of abuse at me recently,
  Have not.  That's been my topic from the beginning.  Earth dies from the death of the sun and the current plan is to take the rich pretty much.

I hate wasting time constructing responses that are wasted because the other person then says "no, that wasn't what I meant at all".
who the hell you talking about.  Not me. 

(possibly because she herself does not question them all that much).

The problem is you guys can't admit when you are wrong. 

You are telling me I have no place to run and hide.  I do not accept that.  why should I.  I have the right to fight for my life.  My descendants lives.
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
Yes I'm passionate about this thread.  You all are so used to being on the righteous side you don't know how to be on the unrighteous side.  I can understand how that would be difficult. 

I am not the only one here that sees a way to save us all.  They all got +1's.  They are atheist.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2014, 12:53:08 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-st-john/8-ways-violent-games_b_3875846.html

What a total load of crap.  Garbage journalism meant to cater to the ignorant reactionary witch hunts and get a few webpage hits and make money off suckers who actually buy Jane’s game, ‘SuperBetter’.  Talk about shameless ploy’s.

Violent video games have been around for 20-30 years now.  I’ve played video games all my life, and am not violent at all, never even thrown a punch and I don’t own a gun and never will.  Maybe video games teach kids that violence is not the answer, that violence has real consequences?  My friends all played video games as well, not one of them have ever commited a crime.

This whole freaking country has been playing video games for a few decades now.  If they’re so bad, we should be seeing mass hysteria, complete anarchy and destruction.  We don’t see that do we.  No, we see the same thing we’ve seen since the dawn of civilization, people kill other people for many different reasons.  There is no source. 

Everyone of those 8 ways that violent games are bad for your kids is a total fabrication (and smear).

I do have to ask, what age range is this lady referring to?   She says that her kids believe in Santa or the Easter bunny.  When do kids learn that Santa and the Easter bunny are not real?   6 years old? 

Okay, first of all, children under 6 shouldn’t be watching too much TV or playing any type of video games (including nice happy games), it is bad for eye development.  Once a kid is 7, 8 or 9 years old, they can start playing video games.  Parenting is still required though. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:55:10 PM by SevenPatch »
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2014, 12:55:00 PM »
Which one?  Looks good to me, the last one.  It wasn't just to you. 
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-st-john/8-ways-violent-games_b_3875846.html

What a total load of crap.  Garbage journalism meant to cater to the ignorant reactionary witch hunts and get a few webpage hits and make money off suckers who actually buy Jane’s game, ‘SuperBetter’.  Talk about shameless ploy’s.

Violent video games have been around for 20-30 years now.  I’ve played video games all my life, and am not violent at all, never even thrown a punch and I don’t own a gun and never will.  Maybe video games teach kids that violence is not the answer, that violence has real consequences?  My friends all played video games as well, not one of them have ever commited a crime.

This whole freaking country has been playing video games for a few decades now.  If they’re so bad, we should be seeing mass hysteria, complete anarchy and destruction.  We don’t see that do we.  No, we see the same thing we’ve seen since the dawn of civilization, people kill other people for many different reasons.  There is no source. 

Everyone of those 8 ways that violent games are bad for your kids is a total fabrication (and smear).

I do have to ask, what age range is this lady referring to?   She says that her kids believe in Santa or the Easter bunny.  When do kids learn that Santa and the Easter bunny are not real?   6 years old? 

Okay, first of all, children under 6 shouldn’t be watching too much TV or playing any type of video games (including nice happy games), it is bad for eye development.  Once a kid is 7, 8 or 9 years old, they can start playing video games.  Parenting is still required though.

you are not a psychopath
Thomas Paine

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »

you are not a psychopath

Thanks!  How nice of you to say so.   :laugh:
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »
junebug72, still waiting for you to fix those quotes.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »
junebug72, please fix the quotes in your reply to me.

Which one?  There are many.

You need to provide evidence right now that you don't get wiser with age.  Thanks.
Thomas Paine

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2014, 01:04:58 PM »

If it only became an issue now, which reply do you think I'm referring to?

You need to provide evidence right now that you don't get wiser with age.  Thanks.

See above.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2014, 01:24:58 PM »
Which one?  Looks good to me, the last one.  It wasn't just to you.

junebug72, still waiting for you to fix those quotes.

Looks like a response to me.  You owe me an apology.  Your smite not earned.  I'm waiting for you to tell me which one.

I really don't deserve those smites.  Really I don't.  You know how I feel about the younger generation.  I've told you before.  You need to learn something about mine.  I'm trying like hell to leave you a better world and this is the thanks I get.  No respect/contempt.

This shows a major prejudice towards elders.  Prejudice is never good.

Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2014, 01:26:38 PM »

If it only became an issue now, which reply do you think I'm referring to?

See above.

Quit playing childish games and just link me to it.
Thomas Paine

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2014, 01:28:33 PM »

No games. The fact that you can't deduce that which is obvious means you didn't become wiser with age. I'm sure everyone else was able to figure it out. Here's the link: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,26984.msg621671.html#msg621671
We choose our own gods.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »
Taking a break from the drama.  Positive people don't get along well with negative people.  I need a break. 
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »

No games. The fact that you can't deduce that which is obvious means you didn't become wiser with age. I'm sure everyone else was able to figure it out. Here's the link: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,26984.msg621671.html#msg621671

There is nothing wrong with the quotes.  So I guess the older is the wiser.
Thomas Paine

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 01:33:47 PM »
Please define abuse.

Well, telling him that he "eagerly accepts the death of billions" probably qualifies.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2014, 01:35:33 PM »
There is nothing wrong with the quotes.  So I guess the older is the wiser.

Actually, I guess the older is the blinder.
Your replies to the pieces of my post are inside the quoting tag that came from hitting the "Quote" on my post. In other words, it's as if they're what I said, rather than what you said. If you don't know how to use the quoting system, there's an FAQ available.
We choose our own gods.

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »
JB,

Your earlier post that OAA linked to was a bit broken, it was difficult for me to tell who was saying what becuase it looked like what you were saying was being quoted from OAA. 

I think there was an extra "[quote author=One Above All link=topic=26984.msg621647#msg621647 date=1404227584
" at the top that was messing up the quotes.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:56:27 PM by SevenPatch »

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
I'm dropping out of this conversation, because at this point, I can't even figure out WTF we're talking about.

And junebug, you have GOT to get over thinking that at the US = everywhere on the planet.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2014, 02:13:54 PM »
<snip>
What don't you understand about leaving people behind being morally reprehensible? 
<snip>

Regarding this specific question that you asked junebug.

Fire fighters.

Fire fighters do everything they can to save people from burning buildings, but they can’t save everyone, and don’t.  People die from fires.

We as a society don’t do everything to prevent people from dying in fires.  There is a lot we can do, invest in better infrastructure and sprinkler systems in every home and business.  Put fire trucks and stations on every block. 

Is not putting fire stations on every block morally reprehensible?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2014, 02:18:57 PM »
And junebug, you have GOT to get over thinking that at the US = everywhere on the planet.

That's the stereotype everywhere outside the USA: that all people from the USA believe it to be the sole country on Earth, or at least the most important one, or even the only one that matters.
We choose our own gods.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 02:22:22 PM »
You've been spitting a lot of abuse at me recently, when all I've been trying to do is to try to understand what you mean when you post.
<snip>
If you'd prefer that I didn't engage with you any more, just say the word and I stop responding to you.  It would save me a lot of head and heartache, since all I seem to get these days when I try to understand you is abuse.

Exactly how I felt with the exchange between me and junebug72 in the Utopia thread. I asked her to define a simple term ("light", which was being used metaphorically, hence my trouble with understanding what she meant by it). She said it was the opposite of another term ("dark"). I asked her to define either term in a way that didn't rely on other ill-defined terms. She got pissed and said she wasn't "going to go there with [me]".

An author should understand metaphors.  Light by definition is the absence of darkness.  Darkness is the absence of light.  You're just mad because I would not argue with you in a peaceful thread.
Thomas Paine

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2014, 02:24:34 PM »
An author should understand metaphors.  Light by definition is the absence of darkness.  Darkness is the absence of light.  You're just mad because I would not argue with you in a peaceful thread.

Quod erat demonstrandum. You are not interested in explaining your PoV or even learning from others unless it confirms your PoV. That's OK. I've never met an old person who was interested in either thing.
We choose our own gods.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2014, 02:30:27 PM »
<snip>
What don't you understand about leaving people behind being morally reprehensible? 
<snip>

Regarding this specific question that you asked junebug.

Fire fighters.

Fire fighters do everything they can to save people from burning buildings, but they can’t save everyone, and don’t.  People die from fires.

We as a society don’t do everything to prevent people from dying in fires.  There is a lot we can do, invest in better infrastructure and sprinkler systems in every home and business.  Put fire trucks and stations on every block. 

Is not putting fire stations on every block morally reprehensible?

If it saves more lives, which it would, Yes it is. 

This is not the scenario under discussion Seven.  The scenario is the sun dying, killing planet Earth and only saving the rich and the above middle class citizens I find disgusting.

That's why I don't like it when my opponents twist things around.  Other people read it and get confused.  Then again, that's why they do it. 8)
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »

Quod erat demonstrandum. You are not interested in explaining your PoV or even learning from others unless it confirms your PoV. That's OK. I've never met an old person who was interested in either thing.

I have explained my point of view.  Keep trying I guess.  Maybe you will find something "real" to discredit me with.  I doubt it though.

I have always been open with you.  You are the One that thinks I know nothing.  That is your disadvantage.  I get undeserved smites almost every time.  Because you are vindictive to the core. 
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »
I'm dropping out of this conversation, because at this point, I can't even figure out WTF we're talking about.

Yea that's because a few people have side railed this thread.
The topic is no where to run or hide.  I honestly don't think that's why you're leaving.  I gave you an inarguable rebuttal. 

Us as in United States or Us everybody in the world.  Us here at WWGHA.  Who is US?

The human race is everybody on the planet. 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:44:55 PM by junebug72 »
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2014, 02:47:17 PM »
My POV is extremely simple.  Religious end of the world stuff and scientific end of world stuff is just as horrific.

That is not complicated.

If I listen to either one I have nowhere to Run and Hide.
Thomas Paine

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »
This is not the scenario under discussion Seven.  The scenario is the sun dying, killing planet Earth and only saving the rich and the above middle class citizens I find disgusting.

Where did anyone say that only the rich and above middle class citizens would be saved?   :o

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2014, 02:58:17 PM »
I have explained my point of view.

Sure you did... Except that time I asked you to define something in clear, concise terms, and you bitched about how I was being antagonistic or some dumb shit like that. Oh, and that other time I asked you to do the same with the same result. And Anfauglir's request here. And others' requests in other threads.

Keep trying I guess.  Maybe you will find something "real" to discredit me with.  I doubt it though.

You discredit yourself just by claiming to be spiritual but not religious.

I have always been open with you.

Bullshit. I asked you to define one term, and you dodged that simple request. I therefore doubt you even know what you mean(t) by the term.

You are the One that thinks I know nothing.  That is your disadvantage.

The One Above All knows more than you could learn in the time you have left, simply because you are not willing to learn.

I get undeserved smites almost every time.

If you think the smites are undeserved, make a thread or talk about it in the relevant thread. If people agree with you, they'll +1 you. I have done so (give +1's to counter smites I think are undeserved) myself, and so have others. However, nobody ever asks to be given a +1 for an undeserved smite. If the smite is deemed undeserved, others will flock to counter it.

Because you are vindictive to the core. 

And here we have proof of junebug72's magic powers to know someone without ever having met them. What number am I thinking of? If you know me so well, you should know this one.
We choose our own gods.

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »
My POV is extremely simple.  Religious end of the world stuff and scientific end of world stuff is just as horrific.

That is not complicated.

If I listen to either one I have nowhere to Run and Hide.

Some religious types think the world is going to end any day now, IMO some even have a sick desire for the world to end for various reasons. 

I have no clue what you're talking about scientific end of the world stuff being just as horrific.

The Sun destroying the Earth in 4 to 4.5 Billion years from now is just the nature of the universe.  The Sun doesn't have enough hydrogen for the fusion process to last forever.  It is going to end.  Why are you worried about 4 billion years from now?  I'd be impressed if the human race is still around in 4 million years let alone 4 billion.  More than likely though life will be extinct on planet Earth a billion years before the Sun turns into a red giant. 

I'm really confused about this whole "nowhere to run and hide" stuff.   We need to run and hide?  Why do we have to live forever?  Why does the human race have to survive forever?  I mean hey, it would be nice if the human race survived for billions of years, but that seems really unlikely to happen.