Author Topic: what proof would theists need of a new messiah comething  (Read 518 times)

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-14
Re: what proof would theists need of a new messiah comething
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 12:56:31 PM »
I could ask even in that scenario, the devil is supposed to show up with some pretty glorious tricks, Could he not trick the pope into believing he is the savior.
Yes he Could. The pope has the "Papal infallibilityWiki" that should be dealt with the knowledge of the MagisteriumWiki.
When he talks in this manner he doesn't say what he, alone. thinks it's something else, some words more related to God than anything else.
The pope rarely use his papal infallibility but he might want to use it when proclaiming the return of Jesus. This is what I would believe. I wouldn't believe a pope simply telling the medias that "this guy is Jesus".

I forgot about something, when Jesus returns he would still be with his glorious body. It's not a body like yours or mine. So that would also be sign I would be looking for.

well this is a whole other argument, Papal infallibility.   Wow after 1870 years the pope decides he is infallible on certain matters.   That was pretty observant of him.  Amazing how all the other popes and even the 4 gospels did not know this but some guy in the 1800's suddenly declares this.   Something seems hokey about that.

I have asked you why the pope and clergy are allowed to define things not stated in the bible (like the CCC and papal infalibility)

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-14
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »
I forgot about something, when Jesus returns he would still be with his glorious body. It's not a body like yours or mine. So that would also be sign I would be looking for.

How "glorious" are we talking? 8/10? Maybe 9? Certainly not 10/10, right? ;)

It appears his glorious body is a body of flesh and blood.  But it seems to be able to do some really really cool parlor tricks.  Teleportation being one of the biggest ones. 

I am not sure if it is technically teleportation or time manipulation. Freeze everyone walk out of the room and resume time  that would match the description but either way he could appear and disappear at will. 

You would think with this power he would have visited the native americans and africans of his day and explained who he was and why he was bothering them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:02:47 PM by epidemic »

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 01:11:02 PM »
It appears his glorious body is a body of flesh and blood.  But it seems to be able to do some really really cool parlor tricks.  Teleportation being one of the biggest ones. 

I am not sure if it is technically teleportation or time manipulation. Freeze everyone walk out of the room and resume time  that would match the description but either way he could appear and disappear at will. 

You would think with this power he would have visited the native americans and africans of his day and explained who he was and why he was bothering them.

That's at least a 2/10, even if he were incorporeal. Now for the flesh and blood part... Inquiring minds want to know. Hopefully he won't look like the guy in Lukvance's avatar. That's just unattractive. =/
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +894/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 06:09:13 PM »
Y'all know who I want him to look like. He's gotta be wearing the costume. And if he speaketh with an Aussie accent I'll follow him anywhere.  ;)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +96/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 10:33:23 AM »
when Jesus returns he would still be with his glorious body. It's not a body like yours or mine. So that would also be sign I would be looking for.

Yeah--his body tastes like bread
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 12:05:49 PM »
when Jesus returns he would still be with his glorious body. It's not a body like yours or mine. So that would also be sign I would be looking for.

Yeah--his body tastes like bread
Then he pricks his finger and says, "Drinks on me!"
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!