Author Topic: The Creationist Grand Canyon Trip  (Read 296 times)

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +56/-0
  • IXNAY
The Creationist Grand Canyon Trip
« on: June 27, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »
Wow, this should be interesting...

No matter where you go when visiting America’s national parks, city zoos, and other attractions, the religion of evolution and millions of years  permeates the culture. To help combat these lies and proclaim the authority of God’s Word, every year Answers in Genesis partners with Canyon Ministries to hold creation raft trips through the Grand Canyon in northern Arizona ... It will provide you with a Bible-based presentation of the geology of the Canyon and how it confirms the Bible’s account of a global Flood and belief in a young earth.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/creationist-grand-canyon-trip-you-always-wanted
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-0
  • Polyatheist
Re: The Creationist Grand Canyon Trip
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:38:19 PM »
I always found it funny that creationists would believe the Grand Canyon is the pinnacle of proof regarding a world-wide flood. Perhaps they missed the part where the flood was supposed to be 'world-wide'...
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +817/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 07:10:23 PM »
Yea, I've always wondered how water could flow downhill fast enough to make a canyon if there was water at the other end of the canyon that was just as deep as at the start of the canyon.

I just asked too many questions, huh?  :P

People who do christian "science" get to rely on false assumptions, which makes explaining things so much easier. No hypothesis, no research, no digging, no testing, no study even. Just an annual boat trip through the canyon.

Everything in life should be that easy.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:31:58 PM »
Yea, I've always wondered how water could flow downhill fast enough to make a canyon if there was water at the other end of the canyon that was just as deep as at the start of the canyon.

Come on guys - you should know better than that by now, as far as how the delusional think.

Nothing is impossible for God.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +817/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 07:49:54 PM »

Come on guys - you should know better than that by now, as far as how the delusional think.

Nothing is impossible for God.

True, perhaps. Except for the part where god is impossible. That kind of messes up the formula.

Seriously though, has anyone ever heard an explanation as to why one part of the planet would dry up so fast that the water from another part would have to run down hill with the energy carving a canyon in a few days would take? Why aren't there thousands more canyons around the world? Why no similar canyons in Turkey or Europe or Kentucky? Yes, there are other large canyons in the world, but they are not ubiquitous. Have the apologists explained it in enough detail that we can tell where their bullshit is coming from?
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:47:04 AM »
Funny.. I worked at the Grand Canyon years ago and there was no mention of divine creation, but that was back when liberals ruled the world before Ronny was elected king of Murkkka.. Since then god intervened and set people right..
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 12:31:36 PM »
How the hell do they explain the meanders? Magic? Wouldn't be surprising.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.