Author Topic: Several questions for skeptic54768  (Read 1781 times)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Several questions for skeptic54768
« on: June 24, 2014, 04:40:24 PM »
Is the Bible a collection of books by different authors, or was it all written at once?

More questions will follow as soon as the previous one is answered.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Re: Several questions for skeptic54768
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:48:45 PM »
Wow no response to this simple question
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »

I've never seen a theist honestly answer questions they think are difficult. When they pretend to, it's always a dodge, obfuscation, or some other method to draw attention away from the tough question.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 04:02:18 PM »
IT'S A TRAP!  ;D
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 04:07:34 PM »
IT'S A TRAP!  ;D

If skeptic54768's faith is well-supported, he should have nothing to fear. Not that it's a trap, though, because it's not. It's a question. The only way it could be interpreted as "a trap" is if his faith is not well-supported by logic, reason, eviden- holy shit, it IS a trap.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 04:33:18 PM »
Is the Bible a collection of books by different authors, or was it all written at once?

False dichotomy.

It could have been written by different authors, at the same time.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »

False dichotomy.

It could have been written by different authors, at the same time.

Dismissed. Only one of the answers I've provided is correct, but I want to hear what he thinks. EDIT: Obviously, if the answer he believes to be true is not among the ones I provided, he is free to proclaim his own.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:07:59 PM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »
Socrates must be spinning in his grave.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 06:00:52 PM »
Never mind.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:17:33 PM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 06:49:55 PM »
LOL.

I'd love to know what you originally said, but I missed it. Why did you withdraw your remarks, OOA?

And do you have an alternative response?

Offline YRM_DM

• Graduate
  • Darwins +77/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 11:18:05 AM »
Do you guys think Skeptic is for real?   Or do you think some atheist with a Mt. Dew and bag of Doritos in his basement is sitting there tossing the same old failed religious challenges at this forum just to help us hone our arguments and keep things interesting?

He posts all the previously destroyed arguments of apologists and evangelicals, repeatedly.
He ignores replies to his posts that "win", like when there's overwhelming proof that God of the OT is not good or just or reasonable by the so-called objective standard of good that exists.

I really think it's a guy just chucking old failed arguments at people here to see how well we know how to defeat those arguments.   

It feels really easy, like the karate kid doing wax-on, wax-off routines.
You can't spell BELIEVE without LIE...  and a few other letters.  B and E and V and I think E.

Offline SevenPatch

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +108/-4
  • A source will help me understand.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 02:47:34 PM »
Skep says some pretty wierd bat-shit crazy off the wall stuff in which there is no point in arguing though.

He's not really just presenting arguments, he says things which are completely ignorant of the facts in which you have to try and educate him first.  Also, he's been around for quite a while, that would be some pretty impressive dedicated trolling.

I think he believes the things he says at least most of the time.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if he says things that he doesn't really believe just to get a reaction.
"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!" - Bill Hicks

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 05:49:50 PM »
Posting here in case skeptic54768 just missed it... &)
We choose our own gods.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +67/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
He is certainly superficial in his research even when it comes to. his own faith.

latest among many examples is the obelisk as proof of the catholic church run by demons fuk up.

i have a mixture of pity and morbid curiosity with his posts.
Signature goes here...

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 01:39:17 AM »
Is the OP a serious question? The answer is as obvious as the sun in a bright blue sky.

I would like to know if the OP is actually serious before I answer. If the OP is serious, I will seriously be disillusioned.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 01:40:44 AM »

Always so quick to jump the gun. I do not live on the internet like (maybe) some (nameless) people on here.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 01:43:52 AM »
Skep says some pretty wierd bat-shit crazy off the wall stuff in which there is no point in arguing though.

But, imagine how it looks from my side:

"Matter arranged itself into plants and animals and the perfect atmosphere which burns up objects upon entry into it. It all came about mindlessly."

That could be considered "weird" and "crazy" from my side.

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +67/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 01:49:21 AM »
Difference is it there is evidence of how those things occurred you have a book of contradictions about a dude that spoke it into existence so we could worship it or go to hell.

you can't even be sure that you are not a demon or possessed by one.

Santa claus for adults is your immoral religion.
Signature goes here...

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 02:36:05 AM »
Is the OP a serious question? The answer is as obvious as the sun in a bright blue sky.

I would like to know if the OP is actually serious before I answer. If the OP is serious, I will seriously be disillusioned.

It is a question to assess what you believe about the Bible to avoid making a moot point. So yes, it is serious. Although I know the answer, I don't know what you believe in.
We choose our own gods.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 09:02:42 AM »
It is a question to assess what you believe about the Bible to avoid making a moot point. So yes, it is serious. Although I know the answer, I don't know what you believe in.

Of course the Bible is a collection of Books! I mentioned this many times on this forum. I tried to prove the Bible was a legitimate source by citing the fact that they were all separate books before they were compiled together and we can trust them.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »

Of course the Bible is a collection of Books! I mentioned this many times on this forum. I tried to prove the Bible was a legitimate source by citing the fact that they were all separate books before they were compiled together and we can trust them.

How does the bolded lend to their legitimacy? All it tells me is that these are the books that made the cut in the final editions.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2014, 10:26:18 AM »

Very good. Now, what is the name of the church/religion that brought the books together?
EDIT: Removing something that would most likely delay skeptic54768 running away and/or ignoring the point, given his exceptional intellectual honesty.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:36:19 AM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2014, 11:23:40 AM »
If a Gospel is a gospel is a gospel,how can you omit any of them skeptic? They would all be important,deletion of a gospel would be blasphemous wouldn't it? How about revision of a gospel,ever seen an original copy of any gospel? Would the original scripture match current scripture? You have no clue,do you?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +99/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2014, 06:18:38 PM »
But, imagine how it looks from my side:

"Matter arranged itself into plants and animals and the perfect atmosphere which burns up objects upon entry into it. It all came about mindlessly."

That could be considered "weird" and "crazy" from my side.

Matter also mindlessly arranges itself into water which you drink and into organic chemicals which hit the earth in meteorites and comets. Look into space and everything you see from the sun to the stars to the galaxies has all formed by known mindless processes. Purposely created objects such as birds' nests and your computer are the exceptions in the universe. The universe is in fact hostile to purposely created objects and to any kind of purpose, as you discover each time your computer malfunctions, or your car breaks down, or your plane hits the ground. It is not just bad design, but the universe itself which is hostile to all purpose. Not even an omnipotent being could impose purpose on our universe.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +67/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2014, 06:26:17 PM »
What is the purpose of a rock pile on a distant planet. why would god create a few inanimate. rocks sitting on a lifeless planet .
Signature goes here...

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2014, 07:42:07 PM »
What is the purpose of a rock pile on a distant planet. why would god create a few inanimate. rocks sitting on a lifeless planet .
So that the "Let who's not sinned throw the first stone" story can be correct.
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 01:45:04 AM »

Matter also mindlessly arranges itself into water which you drink and into organic chemicals which hit the earth in meteorites and comets. Look into space and everything you see from the sun to the stars to the galaxies has all formed by known mindless processes. Purposely created objects such as birds' nests and your computer are the exceptions in the universe. The universe is in fact hostile to purposely created objects and to any kind of purpose, as you discover each time your computer malfunctions, or your car breaks down, or your plane hits the ground. It is not just bad design, but the universe itself which is hostile to all purpose. Not even an omnipotent being could impose purpose on our universe.

But, I do not believe that all those things happen mindlessly. That was my point. Even a snowflake is infinitely more complex than anything man has ever built. Heck, even a pen cap needs a designer.

Order in nature indicates to me an ordered mind behind it.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 02:43:22 AM »

But, I do not believe that all those things happen mindlessly. That was my point. Even a snowflake is infinitely more complex than anything man has ever built. Heck, even a pen cap needs a designer.

Order in nature indicates to me an ordered mind behind it.

What you're saying here, really brings religion down, though. You are saying that God created a bunch of people who were too dumb to understand a snow flake, but he then expects great things from us, and judges us. If we are continually evolving, to the point where one day, we will understand a snow flake, then it makes sense.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 02:56:55 AM »
skeptic54768, answer my question. You answered Foxy Freedom's, so I doubt you could have missed mine, which had a relatively long, bold section.

Very good. Now, what is the name of the church/religion that brought the books together?
EDIT: Removing something that would most likely delay skeptic54768 running away and/or ignoring the point, given his exceptional intellectual honesty.
We choose our own gods.