Author Topic: God has always existed and is omnipotent and Omnicient.  (Read 484 times)

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
Re: God has always existed and is omnipotent and Omnicient.
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 07:57:02 PM »
Bad people doing bad things = demons.

I'm convinced. Anyone else (besides "skeptic")?

Why don't you do bad things? (Hint: It's the voice of God inside you)

I do bad things. I am lazy and sometimes don't give 40 hours of work every week. Sometimes I don't want to spend time with friends or family because I want to be alone (selfish). Must be demons.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »
I do bad things. I am lazy and sometimes don't give 40 hours of work every week. Sometimes I don't want to spend time with friends or family because I want to be alone (selfish). Must be demons.

Lazy is bad. You could be at a soup kitchen instead.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 07:58:39 PM »
I could be, but I'd have to drive at least 50 miles to find one.

Offline Defiance

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-2
  • Can't be mad at something that doesn't exist.
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Prove that God exists. Why is that so hard to directly answer?

I did that here:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,26843.msg619117.html#msg619117

I saw you did not agree. Such a shame.

You basically said "We don't know what happened. Therefore god did it."

That's not evidence. Provide scientific evidence or concede.
"God is just and fair"
*God kills 2.5 million of people he KNEW would turn out like this in the flood*
*Humanity turns bad again, when God knew it would*
We should feel guilty for this.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »

See, this kind of shit is why:
A - I didn't give you a +1 for pointing out a fallacy on epidemic's post.
B - You have the most smites out of everyone in forum history; exactly as many as the following three combined.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-31
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 08:04:59 PM »

That's not a voice.  It's a conscience.  Conscience is a feeling, not a voice.

I assume you know this, which brings up the question of why you said "voice" when you did not in fact mean "voice".
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 08:06:19 PM »
I assume you know this

False assumption, Azdgari.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-31
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 08:20:10 PM »
I am deliberately giving him the benefit of the doubt in assuming that he does not have literal voices in his head telling him what to do.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 08:29:05 PM »
Says the guy who believes the Catholic Church is led by demons. Not particularly bad humans; ACTUAL DEMONS.

You presuppose far too much to try this gambit.

I know you don't believe in demons, but I do. It's easy to see the effects they have in the world if you know what to look for.

I can also see the effect of Cupid in the world. Obvious most on Vanetine's day.

People like Bernie Madoff and Jeffrey Dahmer wouldn't exist if not for following demons.

I'm pretty sure you won't understand why, but people like you are f*cking dangerous.

Some Thought She Was Possessed By The Devil, But Doctors Figured Out What Was Causing This Little Girls Uncontrollable Laughter

Thank doctors and scientist for the "miracle" of neural imaging technology! Countelss lives improved and/or saved by the application of medical knowledge, derived from scientific experiments and research, to fix the flaws in the "perfectly designed" humans that used to get people locked in institutions for a lifetime of electroshock therapy, once we decided to quit burning them at the stake!

Where's your god in all that skep? Until PEOPLE used the scientific method to figure out what is really going on in people exhibiting mental illness, they used to think people with mental illness[1] were possessed by demons, so they tortured and killed them.

Essentially, people used to fight demons by doing the kinds of things Jeffrey Dahmer did to his victims. Yet you're now claiming that people like Jeffrey Dahmer are caused by demons?

You're talking out both sides of your mouth. Again.
 1. brought on by flaws in the structure of their brain, or in it's chemical balance, as a highly simplified explanation
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 09:43:56 PM »
Says the guy who believes the Catholic Church is led by demons. Not particularly bad humans; ACTUAL DEMONS.

You presuppose far too much to try this gambit.

I know you don't believe in demons, but I do. It's easy to see the effects they have in the world if you know what to look for.

I can also see the effect of Cupid in the world. Obvious most on Vanetine's day.

People like Bernie Madoff and Jeffrey Dahmer wouldn't exist if not for following demons.

I'm pretty sure you won't understand why, but people like you are f*cking dangerous.

Some Thought She Was Possessed By The Devil, But Doctors Figured Out What Was Causing This Little Girls Uncontrollable Laughter

Thank doctors and scientist for the "miracle" of neural imaging technology! Countelss lives improved and/or saved by the application of medical knowledge, derived from scientific experiments and research, to fix the flaws in the "perfectly designed" humans that used to get people locked in institutions for a lifetime of electroshock therapy, once we decided to quit burning them at the stake!

Where's your god in all that skep? Until PEOPLE used the scientific method to figure out what is really going on in people exhibiting mental illness, they used to think people with mental illness[1] were possessed by demons, so they tortured and killed them.

Essentially, people used to fight demons by doing the kinds of things Jeffrey Dahmer did to his victims. Yet you're now claiming that people like Jeffrey Dahmer are caused by demons?

You're talking out both sides of your mouth. Again.
 1. brought on by flaws in the structure of their brain, or in it's chemical balance, as a highly simplified explanation

Well, I would NEVER have advocated for her killing and I'm a devout Christian. So what does that tell you?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-31
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 09:49:35 PM »
Well, I would NEVER have advocated for her killing and I'm a devout Christian. So what does that tell you?

No, you'd just unwittingly encourage others to do so by calling her demon-possessed.

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 07:18:16 AM »

It tells me that once again, you missed the point.

Let's back up. The method used by "demon slayers" are the same as the methods used by serial killers. yet you claim to be able to tell the difference. What makes you, who actually does believe in demons, blame demons for Jeffrey Dahmer, rather than thinking Dahmer was saving the world from demons?

"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »
I always point out the fallacies.

No, no.  There is a difference between pointing out fallacies and calling everything we say a fallacy. 

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 01:40:27 AM »

Let's back up. The method used by "demon slayers" are the same as the methods used by serial killers. yet you claim to be able to tell the difference. What makes you, who actually does believe in demons, blame demons for Jeffrey Dahmer, rather than thinking Dahmer was saving the world from demons?

There is no demon slayer. The demons will be taken care of in the lake of fire.
I will say this though: Anyone who wants to kill another person is under the influence of a demon.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-31
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 01:45:57 AM »
I will say this though: Anyone who wants to kill another person is under the influence of a demon.

That's your opinion.  How many murderous souls have you examined for demon-presence in order to inform this opinion?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 01:56:20 AM »
That's your opinion.  How many murderous souls have you examined for demon-presence in order to inform this opinion?

Even you atheists claim that it's wrong to murder. So obviously you can feel that deep down it's something objectively wrong. otherwise, you wouldn't care. No one feels that way when they step on an ant and that's life too. Humans are infinitely valuable if God exists, but just a blob of chemicals if god doesn't exist.

This leads us to wonder why anyone would kill if they know deep down it's wrong. Because they listen to the demons who don't care about God either.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-31
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:13 AM »
That has nothing to do with the question I asked.  So why did you quote my question as though you were going to answer it?  That wasn't especially honest of you.  Kind of misleading, actually.

I mean, you're under no obligation to answer my question.  But if you're going to refuse to do so, don't then go and pretend to do so!

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:45 AM »
That has nothing to do with the question I asked.  So why did you quote my question as though you were going to answer it?  That wasn't especially honest of you.  Kind of misleading, actually.

I mean, you're under no obligation to answer my question.  But if you're going to refuse to do so, don't then go and pretend to do so!

I was showing you how I examine people and know these things.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-31
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2014, 02:14:15 AM »
So, people think murder is wrong, but some people murder anyway, therefore it must be demons.

Is that really the only possibility your mind can come up with?  Really?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-435
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2014, 02:21:10 AM »
So, people think murder is wrong, but some people murder anyway, therefore it must be demons.

The only one that makes sense. Otherwise, what makes you not do it?

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-31
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2014, 02:26:07 AM »
The fact that I don't want to.  And I don't want to, because of a whole bunch of reasons and feelings.

Are you saying that you can't think of any good reasons not to go around murdering people?

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2014, 02:51:38 AM »

Including this god of yours? And ... pretty much everyone in the old testament? Like ... Abraham, for instance?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:53:14 AM by Fiji »
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-14
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 07:30:59 AM »

What makes dogs not kill eachother?  Dogs don't routinely kill eachother unless abused or trained to do so.  They will when there is an interloper or a challenge to power but other than that Dogs don't routinely kill others of their tribe.  Is god suggesting they not kill one another? 

Geese mate for life is this a holy bond of matrimony or genetic programing?

As for humans that are demon posessed this comes back to my questions of a soul.  I guess a demon would be akin to a second soul coming into your body and taking over.  Why do human measures eliminate demons all the time.  Medication, surgery and therapy can often eliminate demons, it does not require magical incantations and invoking Gods power to chase away demons.  Simply measured chemicals and targeted conversations can reduce or eliminate the demons power to make one want to kill.  Creating a killer is equally unmagical, extremely abuse a child, expose them to violence and i suspect a statistically predictable number of them will grow up amoral and violent.  There has also been several genes associated with lack of cumpulsion control.  Coupled with abuse you can create a monster.  Does god make people genetically pre-disposed to posession by demons?

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 07:52:32 AM »

Was Cain demon possessed when he killed Abel?

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 08:17:13 AM »

There is no demon slayer. The demons will be taken care of in the lake of fire.

Can you read at all? I've been assuming so, as you appear able to type, but I couldn't prove it by your replies.

That's not what I said. Try again, and remember - I'm waiting for a reply that addresses what I actually said.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 09:26:35 AM »
"Dilbert" cartoonist (is that the right word?) Scott Adams?

That be him ... Book's called god's debris... It used to be available for download. For free even. Don't know if it still is.
I might still have it saved somewhere... You want?
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.