Author Topic: chinese christian cult beats woman to death in McDonalds  (Read 166 times)

Online Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +92/-2
  • WWGHA Member
chinese christian cult beats woman to death in McDonalds
« on: August 14, 2014, 06:20:43 AM »
Beaten to death in public for refusing to give her phone number to cultists. Wow, just wow.

And who thought talk about demons was harmless...

It was an ordinary evening in a small town McDonald's in east China until a family of six arrived trying to recruit new members to their Christian cult.

They moved between the tables asking for phone numbers and when one diner refused they beat her to death, screaming at other diners to keep away or they would face the same fate.

The savage murder was filmed on closed circuit TV and on mobile phones.

It shocked China. Who were these people prepared to kill over a telephone number?

Interviewed in prison later, one of the murderers, Zhang Lidong, showed no remorse and no fear.

He said: "I beat her with all my might and stamped on her too. She was a demon. We had to destroy her
."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-28641008

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
Re: chinese christian cult beats woman to death in McDonalds
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 06:49:56 AM »
All I can say is:

What a bunch of fucking cunts. People wonder why I'm critical of religion, I don't want to see people to reach a deluded state whereby acts like this are seen as okay. Hence my position of "don't care what you believe, so long as it ain't hurting anybody". Honestly, don't give a fuck if you believe in the flying Spaghetti monster, but if you start justifying fucked up acts, even if it's just those in the bible, then you and I got a problem.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 02:36:08 PM »
This may be true but then it's happened in China; there should be skepticism. I know there's video but Russia has video of captured spies from the US that are actually staged.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +92/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 04:56:24 AM »
^^^ yeah it could be state propaganda, especially given the other news that the party want to "amend" christianity to make it more Chinese.
However given the level of crazy that we know cults can achieve I wouldn't dismiss the report out of hand.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 05:27:15 AM »
What makes the Church of the Almighty God a 'cult'? If you murder someone whilst spruking for your clan does that make you a cult? I haven't heard anything about Scientology killing anyone yet it's regarded as a cult in the media here in Australia. If it's a fringe religion does that make it a cult? How nutty does your religion have to be in order to be considered a cult? Where is the line?

I keep using that word. I do not think it means what I think it means.  ;)
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Online Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +92/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 05:41:33 AM »
What makes the Church of the Almighty God a 'cult'? If you murder someone whilst spruking for your clan does that make you a cult? I haven't heard anything about Scientology killing anyone yet it's regarded as a cult in the media here in Australia. If it's a fringe religion does that make it a cult? How nutty does your religion have to be in order to be considered a cult? Where is the line?

I keep using that word. I do not think it means what I think it means.  ;)

I don't really know, I initially thought that if your religion did stuff that was overtly bad (murdering people in restaurants, gassing folks on the subway, getting in a shoot outs with ATF agents) then it was a cult.
However, considering large scale subjugation of women, covering up sex crimes, ritual genital mutilation etc in religions that are not described as cults that kinda blows that argument out of the water.
I now think it is the age of the religion that is the line in the sand, a cult is an embryonic form that matures into a full blown religion when it's gestated in cultural conscious for long enough.
christianity started as being described as a jewish sub cult for the first few hundred years of its existence

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 09:48:01 AM »
 I've heard it said that what defines a cult is the leader. When the leader dies the cult stops existing.  As far as labels for groups that don't meet this definition that's another matter.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips