Author Topic: Outage of June 16, 2014  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-6
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
Re: Outage of June 16, 2014
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 11:37:44 AM »
The only thing I can come up with is that God was extremely embarrassed by most of Luk's posts in the last two weeks so he arranged to have them removed. Just like the flood, he has a hard time with getting rid of only the bad parts, so total annihilation is his favored approach.
Jesus fulfilled many important messianic prophecies. He was a Jewish man born in Bethlehem who rode a donkey in his adult life. Hail the messiah!

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +386/-44
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 06:06:02 AM »
I think we lost stuff again; specifically some (admittedly minor) member settings. When I tried viewing the "Who's Online" page, it went back to the default "Everyone" view, when I have always used "Members Only". This happened immediately after the outage as well, but, once I put it the way I wanted it, it stayed that way until today.

This has happened two or three more times now. Just FYI.
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, Son of Fire, Sol Invictus.

Offline junebug72

• Fellow
  • Darwins +139/-106
  • The Heat is On...1 and 2 and 3 and 4
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 06:27:37 AM »
Alrighty then.  I guess it's just spilled milk.
when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +866/-31
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2015, 05:58:37 PM »
Lookit that.  On the one year anniversary of the last one.  Prolly some kind of regular maintenance by the host.  Which they probably communicated to site owners.  But not to us, because we're not owners. 

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-6
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2015, 06:31:15 PM »
^^ Yeah, I was fooled for a minute there. Saw my responses to this thread dated "June 16" and thought "I don't remember posting here yesterday"...

But for the forums to be down for a couple of days just for maintenance? I don't think so.
Jesus fulfilled many important messianic prophecies. He was a Jewish man born in Bethlehem who rode a donkey in his adult life. Hail the messiah!

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +61/-0
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 06:49:35 PM »
Yeah, it seems odd, especially since the site was accessible. Even if it was routine database maintenance taking the database offline I'd think the error message   would say something along the lines of "SMF is unable to communicate with the database".

Oh well... at the very least Brain could include an error message to be displayed instead of using the typical generic one that always gets shown.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-6
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 07:31:35 PM »
Maybe there is a Christian (or two, or three) on EZ Hosting's staff, and they just fuck with the forum for the hell of it (once a year, mid June).

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +487/-118
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2015, 08:14:52 PM »
Better on be an early birthday gift for me. 'Cause I don't like it!

;)

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +866/-31
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2015, 09:05:20 PM »
^^ Yeah, I was fooled for a minute there. Saw my responses to this thread dated "June 16" and thought "I don't remember posting here yesterday"...

But for the forums to be down for a couple of days just for maintenance? I don't think so.

It was about 24 hours.  It was exactly 1 year apart.  I don't know what else would explain it. 

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +487/-118
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 10:03:00 PM »
It was Biblegod. It tried crashing it last year with no success and tried again a year later. Exact numbers are important to it yet nothing else.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-6
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2015, 10:06:05 PM »

It was about 24 hours.  It was exactly 1 year apart.  I don't know what else would explain it.

24 hours is a couple of days when you count them by the sleep cycle :) (Yesterday, sleep, today = couple of days!)

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +487/-118
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »
You talk weird.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +152/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 03:41:38 PM »

Goddidit

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +99/-1
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2015, 12:46:23 PM »

24 hours is a couple of days when you count them by the sleep cycle :) (Yesterday, sleep, today = couple of days!)

Kind of like being in the tomb for 3 days...maybe it WAS Biblegod.